Lately...I've got plenty of hate for App World.

One of the applications I bought, CardSnap, is posted as version 1.1.3, the App Store in ShopCrackBerry.com is at 1.1.5

When I tried to upgrade CardSnap to 1.1.3 on App World is just won't do it. Right now it's stuck on "Starting Download"

Another application I downloaded, Tweetercast, is at 1.0.28 and I got an upgrade to 1.0.39 from another source.

One of the good things I can say about App World versus the App Store in ShopCrackberry.com is that it's easier to navigate on my Storm. The "hit" areas are much larger. On the ShopCrackBerry.com App Store I find that I have to zoom in a lot to hit the right thing.

I would think that RIM would put more effort into make App World first class, not a dumb site that's behind other BB app sources.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-13-09 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Content moderation
    09-13-09 11:27 AM
    Never bothered snafuing my Curve with the App World setup. I get anything I need via CrackBerry, no hassles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 11:31 AM
    could be better actually i might take it off my tour as i dont use it that much. The idea is good but there selection is much to be desired.
    09-13-09 11:34 AM
    Used it twice and dumped it forever.
    09-13-09 11:35 AM
    I don't have blackberry app world on my phone anymore either. I did get a game off that application without any trouble but I removed the blackberry application store soon afterwards, since I don't use very often .I use CB app, or mobi hand stores for most of my apps

09-13-09 11:43 AM
    I've tried using app world on 3 diff berrys and it always seems to cause my phone to freeze up and be a real pain. If anything, I'll use it really quick to DL something and then delete it back off
    09-13-09 01:58 PM
    Slow, basically. Does what it should, just seems to do it slowly.
    09-13-09 03:14 PM
    It looks good but I do not believe that RIM truly understood the nature of selling applications. There needs to be an automated process for developers to submit updates and this seems to be missing.

Putting an app onto App World is one thing whilst updates are quite another and can be a nightmare. RIM seems to have falled into a hole here.

I use the Crackberry App Store and find it much better.
    09-13-09 03:22 PM
    app world is crap
    09-13-09 03:26 PM
    Extremely Poor. -I'd even go so far to say, "It Suucks".

Slow as molasses, it's buggy - poor selection of anything, in any category.
    Fail written all over it.

If RIM is serious about offering BlackBerry owners something similar to the iPhones app's store? They need to improve and overhaul this pig.

I agree, CrackBerry is a better stop for your application needs - personally I wouldn't give a hoot if RIM dumped AppWorld entirely, to dedicate more time into getting a better OS, Media Player and Web Browser into the BlackBerry.

Better Web Browser = why would I need App World? Seriously, RIM - think about it.
    09-13-09 03:31 PM
    Never downloaded it, never will use it, and I only use CB App Store!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-13-09 03:32 PM
    Slow as ****. I only have it so that I can archive apps I rarely use (ie youtube player) so that it frees up memory.
    09-13-09 04:21 PM
    I don't really like it. A lot of people on here say I can find certain programs through App World, but they are never there.
    09-13-09 05:01 PM
    I have used app world and will echo the others here; it is VERY slow both loading the page, searching, and downloading. The Crackberry app store is much better.

09-13-09 05:17 PM
    If is use it, I delete it when I'm done with it. Only bought one app (25 cheaper than the programs web page). I don't even bother anymore. I just use either CB or google. It is slow, but not as slow as it used to before before the last update I tried, so RIM appears to be trying a little bit.

09-13-09 06:24 PM
    I tried it but I just had to let it go....
    09-13-09 06:26 PM
    App World is ok, but I think the CB App Store is FAR superior
    09-13-09 07:31 PM
    The apps are too $$$ and not very good. I'm surprised they don't have more free basic apps or just better apps.
    09-13-09 07:46 PM
    App World is ok, but I think the CB App Store is FAR superior
    +1 besides the remark aboot App world, CB App Store is godly, not to mention support and what not. Also, its very fast and runs smooth!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-13-09 07:54 PM
    Lately...I've got plenty of hate for App World.

One of the applications I bought, CardSnap, is posted as version 1.1.3, the App Store in ShopCrackBerry.com is at 1.1.5

When I tried to upgrade CardSnap to 1.1.3 on App World is just won't do it. Right now it's stuck on "Starting Download"

Another application I downloaded, Tweetercast, is at 1.0.28 and I got an upgrade to 1.0.39 from another source.

One of the good things I can say about App World versus the App Store in ShopCrackberry.com is that it's easier to navigate on my Storm. The "hit" areas are much larger. On the ShopCrackBerry.com App Store I find that I have to zoom in a lot to hit the right thing.

I would think that RIM would put more effort into make App World first class, not a dumb site that's behind other BB app sources.
    I've had pretty good luck with appworld but haven't tried to upgrade anything.
    09-13-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD