I have been using Dropbox on my BB, but not being able to upload, or keep my documents in my storage card in sync with my other desktops or collaboration is a huge downside of Dropbox.

With the stories I have been hearing that it is still causing white screen of death on 7.1 devices, I am really concerned that I won't be able to utilize my 8GB of free space.

Are there any other services/options that we can use with Blackberry?
    02-26-12 11:45 PM
    Dropbox AND box, but i like dropbox more
    02-27-12 12:07 AM
    As a workaround you might be interested in mapping your box.net account to a network share and mapping your tablet to another network share and synchronizing the files stored within the cloud storage service and the tablet.

The links (mapping and synchronizing) point you to an article about mapping box.net to a Microsoft Windows network share and an article about the freely available rsync utility for Microsoft Windows. Undoubtedly, the same concepts can be applied to Apple Mac OSX and GNU/Linux. In fact, rsync is probably an old friend, or at least an acquaintance, for those using either of the latter operating systems.
    02-27-12 12:26 AM
    Or, we can all get together and push Dropbox to develop the BB app to do the same thing it does on Android devices, automatically sync certain folders on phone's storage or SD card.

Here is a link: Dropbox for Android Adds Automatic Uploads of Pictures and Videos
    02-27-12 12:28 AM
    I use box.net and am in the process of planning the deployment of my own cloud service on my home office network..
    02-27-12 12:29 AM
    Does box.net automatically synchronize certain folders on the blackberry as well, like pictures & documents?
    02-27-12 12:39 AM
    I used to use Sugarsync but dropped it due to speed, but I decided to give it another try. Looks like it has a very good support for blackberry now:
    https://sugarsync.custhelp.com/app/a...etail/a_id/153

It can sync the folder directly into a folder in Blackberry storage. That is excellent, no need to fiddle with stuff on Dropbox online server or wait for URL's anymore.
    02-27-12 01:02 PM
    I have Dropbox on mine but only through FileScout as the Dropbox official app for BB (along with lots of other official BB apps) is very second rate in comparison to other platforms.

I have a sugar sync account but haven't set it up anywhere as yet so may look into that.
    03-01-12 08:00 AM
    I use dropbox and my laptop and work pc and Bluebox on my PB. I AM PLEASED with Bluebox on my PB, it syncs right up with my Dropbox account and I rarely use my laptop at home because all the files in need I sync up on dropbox. VERY COOL. I AM A BLUEBOX FAN.
    03-01-12 08:10 PM
    I have BlueBox but it doesn't seem to be able to automatically pull my whole dropbox directory down, so it seems more like a one-at-a-time file client. Also, all teh PDF's only open in the Adobe reader. I haven't been able to figure out how to get the PDF's to open in another PDF reader. This might be a limitation of the PlayBook OS though.
    03-01-12 08:31 PM
    I use Box.net for my Playbook and Torch. With 50 GB of free space you can't go wrong. Is everything I need for easy remote access.
    03-01-12 08:48 PM
    I have been using sugarsync quite nicely thanks
    03-01-12 08:56 PM
    my main Cloud backup is SugarSync. 5GB and its fast.. and has sync software for my BB and laptop. even the website on my PB works great.

I also have a Dropbox for my XLabz vault app and Box.net if I want to upload large amount of files.

I'd cancel Sugarsync but box.net doesnt offer Sync for home users. Mapping the drive is possible but its been problomatic. Its very very slow to connect, upload/download and after 2 or 3 tries, it'll prompt me with Access Denied.
    03-01-12 09:06 PM
    SugarSync that is all. They need to really do a PB app, but I use the Android app.
    03-01-12 09:15 PM
    I haven't felt the need to use any cloud storage services. Maybe sometime in the future.
    03-01-12 11:36 PM
    I'm using box.net, but I'm afraid to admit that I am not exactly sure what to do with it.

I've put on some things like timesheets and a few pdf documents to view on my PlayBook. Is there a box.net app that works on blackberry handheld too? (ie. So I can view my cloud documents on my phone too, not just upload)
    Last edited by strider2112; 03-02-12 at 12:04 AM.
    03-02-12 12:01 AM
    I'm using box.net, but I'm afraid to admit that I am not exactly sure what to do with it.

I've put on some things like timesheets and a few pdf documents to view on my PlayBook. Is there a box.net app that works on blackberry handheld too? (ie. So I can view my cloud documents on my phone too, not just upload)
    Check AppWorld... It's not an app though, just a shortcut for the mobile site.
    03-02-12 12:30 AM
    Another vote for SugarSync...

Their app works great on my 9700, and I wrote a guide (see below) to setting it up on your Playbook by side-loading the Android app. It works great!
    03-02-12 12:47 AM
    I think they should have just created a poll for this one! I use Sugarsync as well. I certainly like that I can Sync between my pc, bb, and PB. And sharing files between myself and cross platform users is a major plus. Great job Sugarsync!!!!
    03-02-12 07:52 AM
    Another vote for SugarSync...

Their app works great on my 9700, and I wrote a guide (see below) to setting it up on your Playbook by side-loading the Android app. It works great!
    THANKS!!!!

I use SugarSync for my laptop and I was wondering how to backup my photos on the PlayBook.

Playing their game I was able to get 6gb free. I would have to enter your email into sugarsync for us to get another 500mb.

Here is a thought. If you have 1 account on you laptop and 1 on your PlayBook and share folders with each account do you then actually end up with 10gb+???? Trying now. Will report back
    03-02-12 08:59 AM
    THANKS!!!!

I use SugarSync for my laptop and I was wondering how to backup my photos on the PlayBook.

Playing their game I was able to get 6gb free. I would have to enter your email into sugarsync for us to get another 500mb.

Here is a thought. If you have 1 account on you laptop and 1 on your PlayBook and share folders with each account do you then actually end up with 10gb+???? Trying now. Will report back
    That would actually be using two separate accounts.
    03-02-12 09:01 AM
    That would actually be using two separate accounts.
    Yes. So you have 2 separate accounts and share the folders between accounts.

each device in reality having its own account with 5gb but in theory able to access 10gb?
    03-02-12 09:11 AM
    I didn't have much luck with the Dropbox app and I've never tried Box.net, but SugarSync works excellently on my 9900!
    08-30-12 01:00 AM
    I use mybook live and wd2go. Just doesnt play nice with the playbook but on the 9930 and 9850 works great
    11-09-12 10:25 AM
    Dropbox for myself. Works great on my curve, playbook (Bluebox fan!!!) and other devices (iDevices)
    11-09-12 02:41 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD