10-01-12 01:18 PM
426 12345 ...
tools
    Not really a tag. He is talking about a HID Proximity card. He wants to be able to copy his credentials off his card and add them to his phone via your app (well, he just wants to use his phone as his access card).

This can be done, but it would depend more on what type of readers he is using. HID has come out with an SIO Secure Identity Object. It supports iCLASS, MIFARE DESFire, Indala (Indala are the clamshaped prox cards the poster was posting about) and others...

He is going to have to have a sit down with his CTO/SLS Manager or someone to have those creds xfer'd over.
    I think this answer, one of my questions!
    10-10-11 11:06 PM
    I have two questions on this app:

1. Can this app read data from an NFC University ID card that opens doors by taping on the NFC reader and make phone "learn" the data in the card? (So that I can use the phone the open the door?)

2. Can this app work with my credit card without the banking app with NFC support?

Thank you.
    This app is not going to do NFC payment or access control if that is what you are asking.

However, you might be able to program it so that when you tap a University ID card (if supported tag) it can launch a macro shortcut to do something.
    The same is the case with your credit card.
    10-10-11 11:13 PM
    i thought he said he was updating nfc launcher to do some macros on its own. In the video, when he goes outside and passes the phone over the door border, that's shortcutme and nfc launcher working together right?
    The video was using macros in ShortcutMe for doing all the switching for Radio, Bt and Wifi.

But the new version of NFCLauncher, 1.2+, will allow you to toggle Radio, Wifi and Bt by using the function NFCL_Toggle_Wifi_BT_Radio in NFCLauncher
    10-10-11 11:16 PM
    Hello everyone! This is Craig, the CEO of Wireless Sensor Technologies which is the company that runs buynfctags.com. We noticed a bunch of orders from this forum today and I wanted to say thanks by offering you a 10% coupon for your next order. Its good until Friday and can only be used once per-person. If you have already placed your order, then you can use this on your next one. Also to answer some questions..

-Yes our tags work with NFC Task Launcher; Ive spoken with Joshua a couple times personally.
    -We are a US based company, we ship from Seattle.
    -Today was a bit crazy for us, it was a holiday and I personally moved this weekend.
    -Out phones go to google voice and we get them via email. We get a lot of phone spam.
    -Our tags are high quality; we have never had any issues.
    -If your wondering what tag to get.. the 1ks are big capacity, but slow and you cant make them read only. The UL is small and fast, the ULC is a bit bigger. We will have the new NTAGs very soon which are awesome.
    -We directly work with UPM and NXP, we are very legit.
    -If you have a PC, check out our starter kit. Its allows you to read/write tags from a PC.
    -If your going to put the tag on the back of your phone, get the metal-backed tags. The block the EMF from the phone.

H0T38YE2449

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. And thanks again!
    Last edited by buynfctags; 10-10-11 at 11:27 PM.
    TomCanuck and Vijik like this.
    10-10-11 11:21 PM
    More complex macro example:

How to make NFCLauncher to open Music App if Bluetooth is turned On

Make a shortcut like the followings in ShortcutMe:
    AppName: Macro
    Shortcuts: AMU (for Apps MUsic)
    Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn; (Check to see if Bluetooth is on)
    Then0;
    Launch Media_Music; (Launch Music app if BT is on)
    Else0;
    Show Didn't open Music because Bluetooth is Off; (Shows a message to you if BT is Off)
    EndIf0;

Open NFCLauncher, tap a NFC tag (make sure NFC is on and backlight is on). Say Yes to setup the tag. Settings:

Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter: AMU

Save and close NFClauncher.

Now every time you tap that tag, if Bluetooth is on it will launch Music and if not, it will let you know!
    10-10-11 11:27 PM
    Hello everyone! This is Craig, the CEO of Wireless Sensor Technologies which is the company that runs buynfctags.com. We noticed a bunch of orders from this forum today and I wanted to say thanks by offering you a 10% coupon for your next order. Its good until Friday and can only be used once per-person. If you have already placed your order, then you can use this on your next one. Also to answer some questions..

-Yes our tags work with NFC Task Launcher; Ive spoken with Joshua a couple times personally.
    -Today was a bit crazy for us, it was a holiday and I personally moved this weekend.
    -Out phones go to google voice and we get them via email. We get a lot of phone spam.
    -If your wondering what tag to get.. the 1ks are big capacity, but slow and you cant make them read only. The UL is small and fast, the ULC is a bit bigger. We will have the new NTAGs very soon which are awesome.
    -If you have a PC, check out our starter kit. Its allows you to read/write tags from a PC.
    -If your going to put the tag on the back of your phone, get the metal-backed tags. The block the EMF from the phone.

H0T38YE2449

Hi Craig,

I was going to contact you asking for the same thing: discounted tags for NFCLauncher users.
    Happy to see that you are more than legit and keen to help your customers even on a holiday.

I can confirm that your Ultra Light tags are working with NFCLauncher because 3 of my alpha testers have bought their tags from you.
    10-10-11 11:33 PM

H0T38YE2449

Sweet deal when I placed my order originally I was looking at the custom print tags. But your site doesn't seem too mobile friendly. I couldn't find out what exact image type I needed to supply. .jpg? .png? Also as for size can I submit a large image and you guys will shrink it down so it looks good? Or do I need to supply the exact size? I'd like to take advantage of this coupon and just get the 100 custom printed ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 12:08 AM
    As a feature request, can we get the ability to copy an existing setup to a new tag? Blah... I can't even put the words together for a good explination. Ummm...
    Bascially, I want multiple tags to have identical setups. In the "Setup Page For Card X" can we get a menu option to "Duplicate <card display name>" please?

Update #1 running NFCLauncher 1.2.0.0 (Beta) on 9900/7.0.0.440. Right now testing configuring from scratch and found a cosmetic issue. Setup a first tag however you want, this post pertains to the 2nd one configured.

Open NFCLauncher, Tap a new tag, in the "This is a new NFC card. Do you want to assign it to launch something on your BB?" prompt select "Yes", leave Launch: set to "Nothing" and leave the "Card display Name" empty, tap the EscKey twice to exit NFCLauncher (your changes will be auto saved). Now that NFCLauncher is closed, tap your phone to the tag. "Setup Page For Card 2" will open, but the prompt that opens along with it will say "Card number 1 is not set yet"

Update #2
    Tried restoring config on 1.1.0.0 and 1.2.0.0 with a config file created using 1.1.0.0 and 1.2.0.0
    And it's not restoring registration info properly. They key is technically there, but it takes a reboot (battery pull) to take effect. Once you load the restore file, NFCLauncher exists and does restore card settings but the "invalid license key" message pops up. I tried the "Re-Register NFC" menu item in 1.2.0.0 but still no go.

Update #3
    I was wrong, restoring any settings requires a reboot. At least on version 1.2.0.0 (beta)

Update #4
    One thing ShortcutMe users might like. is that with the ability to write PreMacros and PostMacros you can create entire ShortcutMe macros that don't have to clog up your actual ShortcutMe list. If you create just the one ShortcutMe macro like this

Shortcut Name: Null
    Shortcut Keys: ^nul
    App Name: Macro
    Macros: Delay1

you can then call this from NFCLauncher. as in

PreMacros: rah rah rah put all your macros here
    Parameter: ^nul
    PostMacros: rah rah rah more macros if you want.

with just having the one extra shortcut it ShortcutMe you can create as many NFC tag specific macros as you like without having them taking up room within your ShortcutMe list ^_^ I absolutely adore this..
    Turns out there's no need for ^NUL. You can simply leave the ShortcutMe_Touch parameter empty
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-11-11 at 05:53 AM.
    10-11-11 01:44 AM
    @juggalo20,

Thank you for testing the new beta version. I will fix the bugs you reported.

Yes, NFCLauncher is able to launch its own macros on ShortcutMe without launching a shortcut in ShortcutMe. I will make this clear in the setting page. But I liked your solution.
    10-11-11 06:13 AM
    More complex macro example:

How to make NFCLauncher to open Music App if Bluetooth is turned On

Make a shortcut like the followings in ShortcutMe:
    AppName: Macro
    Shortcuts: AMU (for Apps MUsic)
    Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn; (Check to see if Bluetooth is on)
    Then0;
    Launch Media_Music; (Launch Music app if BT is on)
    Else0;
    Show Didn't open Music because Bluetooth is Off; (Shows a message to you if BT is Off)
    EndIf0;

Open NFCLauncher, tap a NFC tag (make sure NFC is on and backlight is on). Say Yes to setup the tag. Settings:

Parameter: AMU

Save and close NFClauncher.

Now every time you tap that tag, if Bluetooth is on it will launch Music and if not, it will let you know!
    Does shortcutme have to be running in the background?
    10-11-11 08:49 AM
    Does shortcutme have to be running in the background?
    No, not at all.

After tapping a tag, NFCLauncher will launch ShortcutMe and tell it what shortcut to launch.
    You can also set NFCLauncher to launch ShortcutMe and tell it to run macros written in NFCLauncher.

ShortcutMe will then stop running (close itself) after it is done doing what NFCLauncher has told it to do.
    10-11-11 09:07 AM
    dang it!! shipping cost 2 times more for these tags then the actual tags!!

can't find a Canadian company that sells these ; <

to dish out $9.81 + $20 shipping ..
    10-11-11 09:12 AM
    No, not at all.

After tapping a tag, NFCLauncher will launch ShortcutMe and tell it what shortcut to launch.
    You can also set NFCLauncher to launch ShortcutMe and tell it to run macros written in NFCLauncher.

ShortcutMe will then stop running (close itself) after it is done doing what NFCLauncher has told it to do.
    Do you have plans to integrate the two apps for a more cohesive solution?
    10-11-11 10:41 AM
    I was going to order several NFC tags for my Blackberry 9900 but the shipping cost to Canada of $21.25 makes this no longer worthwhile. Is it really this expensive to ship small NFC tags to Canada?
    10-11-11 11:32 AM
    I just slipped in an order from HID with some regular stuff I order. I think I paid $4.4something for 10 HID MiFARE stickers (1k) with the metal backing.
    10-11-11 11:38 AM
    I was going to order several NFC tags for my Blackberry 9900 but the shipping cost to Canada of $21.25 makes this no longer worthwhile. Is it really this expensive to ship small NFC tags to Canada?
    RE: Shipping to Canada

We fully appreciate your frustration with shipping to Canada. We would love nothing more than to have a reliable and cost efficient method of shipping to Canada. We directly pass on shipping charges, it's not a profit source for us. We had been using the US USPS, but ran into serious issues. The Canadian postal strike also caused havoc. We have had packages lost and damaged and have had to resend full orders for free. It's very frustrating for us as well. We're going to likely move to FedEx only for reliability, but it will be even more expensive.
    10-11-11 11:51 AM
    anyone wanna do a group buy from BuyNFCtags?

that way we can all split the shipping cost and if we get enough people we can get a the bulk price..

obviously this would have to be local to where I live, which is Toronto..

PM me if interested
    10-11-11 12:19 PM
    RE: Shipping to Canada

We fully appreciate your frustration with shipping to Canada. We would love nothing more than to have a reliable and cost efficient method of shipping to Canada. We directly pass on shipping charges, it's not a profit source for us. We had been using the US USPS, but ran into serious issues. The Canadian postal strike also caused havoc. We have had packages lost and damaged and have had to resend full orders for free. It's very frustrating for us as well. We're going to likely move to FedEx only for reliability, but it will be even more expensive.
    I don't know much about shipping internationally, but... Isn't there a smaller envelope you could use when sending to Canada? Sounds like a silly question I know, but the envelope I got could have fit about 10 of my orders.

Either way, sounds like you guys are getting out of the small time Canadian market. FedEx shipping prices will make sure of that. Oh well. Moving on....

Oh, might wanna fix this also
    We ship FREE to anywhere in the United States and Canada (USPS First Class Mail).
    I kept thinking I was doing something wrong when I ordered lol, finally gave up and just coughed up the cash though
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-11-11 at 12:29 PM.
    10-11-11 12:21 PM
    I just slipped in an order from HID with some regular stuff I order. I think I paid $4.4something for 10 HID MiFARE stickers (1k) with the metal backing.
    Make sure those tags are not Mifare Classic. One of the alpha testers say that BB can't read Mifare Classic.
    I would avoid the confusion and just order Mifare Ultralight tags.
    10-11-11 02:35 PM
    Do you have plans to integrate the two apps for a more cohesive solution?
    This was my original plan. I actually started the development by adding it to ShortcutMe.
    But then because the NFC APIs requirement didn't match ShortcutMe requirments, I had to, instead, make it as a separate app that could nicely communicate with and control ShortcutMe.
    So, no, NFCLauncher features are not going to be added to ShortcutMe.
    10-11-11 02:43 PM
    Can we at least GET NFC on the VZW Bolds... I know that this has been discussed, but if apps start coming out, shouldn't VZW release an update allowing the feature?
    10-11-11 02:43 PM
    Can we at least GET NFC on the VZW Bolds... I know that this has been discussed, but if apps start coming out, shouldn't VZW release an update allowing the feature?
    I think they're waiting for the update w/ wifi calling? Just install .353
    10-11-11 02:49 PM
    Make sure those tags are not Mifare Classic. One of the alpha testers say that BB can't read Mifare Classic.
    I would avoid the confusion and just order Mifare Ultralight tags.
    Not classic, new model, already tested with my phone. I don't use shortcutme and haven't had the chance to try the NFC app. I bought em so I can port my creds to my 9900 (acmo)

HID Contactless Payment and Identification Stickers Access control card/ tag/ fob Product Profile | Security Products - SourceSecurity.com
    convenor likes this.
    10-11-11 04:14 PM
    Just ordered me some tags

Are they tap only? What I mean is what if I leave it on the tag? Will it only scan the first time and stop until i take it off and put it back on? Or will it continually try to read it?
    10-11-11 05:23 PM
    Just ordered me some tags

Are they tap only? What I mean is what if I leave it on the tag? Will it only scan the first time and stop until i take it off and put it back on? Or will it continually try to read it?
    It will read it only once.

Based on the NFC specification: When a tag is powered up by NFC field ( in this case from the BB) it will answer once and then stay "quiet" until the field is removed (BB is taken away from the tag, or NFC is turned off).
    As soon as the the tag is powered up again it will answer again (only once before getting "quiet" again).
    10-11-11 07:15 PM
426 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD