10-01-12 01:18 PM
426 ... 1415161718
tools
    I have asked this on the support email but due to me removing the
    Shortcutme program I need to reinstall it. App world now won't
    Let me get the program again.

Can anyone provide a download link for the app please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you tried clearing the App World cache? open App World, hold alt, and tap R S T R S T
    11-27-11 05:59 PM
    Sorry stupid question but im TOTALLY new to it,,, so I have a 9360 and like to puf RFID to test, I need an app and I can just buy It, then I think I need "Blank mifare ultralight RFID"... But how it works? I have to "write info" on the card? I need some sort of hardware? where I can buy the RFID stickers?

thanks
    12-04-11 12:43 PM
    I have asked this on the support email but due to me removing the
    Shortcutme program I need to reinstall it. App world now won't
    Let me get the program again.

Can anyone provide a download link for the app please?
    If you still have problem downloading the app after resetting App World as Juggalo20 mentioned, send email to nfcs at fonware dot ca (mention your CB username)
    12-04-11 03:03 PM
    Sorry stupid question but im TOTALLY new to it,,, so I have a 9360 and like to puf RFID to test, I need an app and I can just buy It, then I think I need "Blank mifare ultralight RFID"... But how it works? I have to "write info" on the card? I need some sort of hardware? where I can buy the RFID stickers?

thanks
    - You need hardware (Your BB 9360 has NFC chip)

- You need OS support (You should be able to see Near Field Communication in Manage Connections)

- You need NFC application (NFCShortcuts)

- You need NFC tags (the ones that are supported by BB OS. So far MiFare Utralight NFC tags are the cheapest ones that are supported by BB OS. MiFare Classic is NOT supported). Others can tell where they bought their tags, or you can google it to find the ones closest to you

- If you want to be able to define simple and complex things that should happen after you tap a NFC tag, you might need to also have ShortcutMe app (to write your own macro shortcuts for the NFC taps).
    12-04-11 03:12 PM
    Moving this from another thread:

Don't want to hijack, but quick question from a newbie...

What software version needs to be running for NFC to work?
    Is NFC supported on the AT&T 9900?
    If you can see Near Field Communication in Manage Connection on your BB then your device NFC should work.
    12-04-11 04:30 PM
    -
    - If you want to be able to define simple and complex things that should happen after you tap a NFC tag, you might need to also have ShortcutMe app (to write your own macro shortcuts for the NFC taps).
    Thanks! very clever.
    Hust one last question, what I can do just using NFC shortcut WHITOUT buyng ShortcutMe also?
    Where I can see some example of what I can du using both software?
    12-05-11 02:47 PM
    Tagstand.com supposedly lets you program tags to do stuff through their website but I have not been able to get it to work for me. Buy ShortCutMe. More fun than a barrel of monkeys!
    12-05-11 03:09 PM
    Ok I believe you, tomorrow I'll buy the app!
    Just one question why dont put all macro example in this 3d in a dedicated web page?
    Is really unconfortable to scrub the forum searching for example of the macros done..
    12-05-11 03:28 PM
    The author of the app (who I don't know personally but I believe to be a genius based on his creations) is too busy creating and providing outstanding support for his apps. Others, who have seen a need, take on the task themselves. Check out these two threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tcutme-637024/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rchive-663605/
    Vijik likes this.
    12-05-11 03:37 PM
    Ok I believe you, tomorrow I'll buy the app!
    Just one question why dont put all macro example in this 3d in a dedicated web page?
    Is really unconfortable to scrub the forum searching for example of the macros done..
    The threads that kauaigirl63 pointed you at (specially the second one http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rchive-663605/) are threads with most useful info and less user conversation. So you should be able to find a lot of useful info there.

Otherwise use the threads with many posts on them (like the one below) to ask questions so that you get help from macro experts and fans.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rtcuts-549683/
    12-05-11 07:27 PM
    Ok, I buyed both program "launcher" and "shortcut " Waiting for tags.
    I dont know if I need both software to do what I like to do. I ask in advance because "shortcut" seem a little difficult to learn, so if I can just use launcher...

I just need 3 tag for now:

leave home
    3g + bt, OFF (I stay in edge)
    gps, ON
    profile: high volume

enter home
    3g bt, gps, OFF
    WIFI ON
    profile: low volume

enter car
    BT ON
    profile: low volume

Is NFC_launcher capable of that?
    12-07-11 03:37 AM
    You will need to write macro in ShortcutMe to achieve what you want.

Macros are not difficult to write. Just take a look at this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tcutme-676628/

and if you still need help ask other macro fans to help you with macros.
    12-07-11 07:14 AM
    Second post...EVER!

I've done some fantastic research over the past few days and feel like I'm getting the hang of things pretty quickly; all in anticipation of my 25 Outdoor Type 2 NFC Sticker (PVC) from tagstand.com (I'm not old enough to link! ) arriving tomorrow or Friday. I seem to be having issues with understanding how to close the applications with macros and opening specific ones. Like many, I'm trying to plan my tags for convenience...

For when I get into my car, I change my profile to loud, turn bluetooth on, turn wifi off and launch drivesafe.ly:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Profiles;
    Delay110;
    Keyl;
    NavClick;
    ImportMacroBON; (Thanks Juggalo20)
    Delay110;
    Launch Wifi_off;
    Delay110;
    Launch DriveSafe.ly;
    LedOff;

This works just fine.
    I'm just unsure about turning the applications off once I get out of the car and into the office/home. I can undo the BT and Wifi and change my profile back, though! haha

Also, ScoreMobile and Google Talk won't open, no matter if it's through macro or a direct shortcut.

May I have some assistance in closing these applications and perhaps with the ones that are stubborn to open?
    12-07-11 04:25 PM
    @BobbySleep,
    Good to see how fast you have become a macro writer.

Have you tried Alternative Launching for the apps that you can't launch?

BB OS doesn't have any API that allows a third party app to close another app.
    To close apps with ShortcutMe macros, you need to close them one by one and each based on your knowledge about the app.

Most of the apps can be closed with the following macro:

LaunchAndWait AppX;
    MENUKey;
    MenuItemFromButtom 1;
    NavClick;

For others, just try to macro what you do manually to close them.
    12-09-11 04:59 AM
    @BobbySleep,
    Good to see how fast you have become a macro writer.

Have you tried Alternative Launching for the apps that you can't launch?

BB OS doesn't have any API that allows a third party app to close another app.
    To close apps with ShortcutMe macros, you need to close them one by one and each based on your knowledge about the app.

Most of the apps can be closed with the following macro:

LaunchAndWait AppX;
    MENUKey;
    MenuItemFromButtom 1;
    NavClick;

For others, just try to macro what you do manually to close them.
    Thanks, Vijik!

I tried sending you a PM, but someone is so popular that their inbox is full.
    Juggalo20 suggested alternate launching and it has worked well for ScoreMobile, but I still can't get Google Talk to launch no matter what I try. Also like you've suggested, I've used MENUKey and NavClick to close out the apps without fail yet. It seems that the more I fiddle, the easier it all becomes.

This is all pretty novel so far and I'm just itching for my tags to arrive.
    12-09-11 09:18 AM
    Thanks, Vijik!

I tried sending you a PM, but someone is so popular that their inbox is full.
    Juggalo20 suggested alternate launching and it has worked well for ScoreMobile, but I still can't get Google Talk to launch no matter what I try. Also like you've suggested, I've used MENUKey and NavClick to close out the apps without fail yet. It seems that the more I fiddle, the easier it all becomes.

This is all pretty novel so far and I'm just itching for my tags to arrive.
    Google Talk seems to operate the same way as Windows Live Messenger. It cannot be launched, unless it's already running in the background. As in, if you're signed in or it's otherwise showing up in the "Switch Application" menu, then it launches fine. But if it is not in that menu, then you cannot launch it. Sorry.
    01-02-12 10:02 AM
    You guys do realise Google Talk has it's own shortcut on the keyboard, just press G, Y for Yahoo Messenger, X for Windows Live.
    01-02-12 10:07 AM
    You guys do realise Google Talk has it's own shortcut on the keyboard, just press G, Y for Yahoo Messenger, X for Windows Live.
    I could never understand why RIM assigned X to WLM though... I mean, W isn't mapped to any RIM app. Yet they chose X? haha
    01-02-12 10:10 AM
    I could never understand why RIM assigned X to WLM though... I mean, W isn't mapped to any RIM app. Yet they chose X? haha
    W gets assigned to certain weather apps once installed
    01-02-12 10:18 AM
    W gets assigned to certain weather apps once installed
    By that logic though, RIM shouldn't bind any keys for apps like WLM, Gtalk, or Yahoo just in case a 3rd party wants to use those keys.
    01-02-12 10:23 AM
    By that logic though, RIM shouldn't bind any keys for apps like WLM, Gtalk, or Yahoo just in case a 3rd party wants to use those keys.
    Hey, it's not my logic, it's just an observation
    01-02-12 10:39 AM
    Hey, it's not my logic, it's just an observation
    Oh I know lol, just still doesn't make much sense to me.
    01-02-12 10:40 AM
    To the NFC Launcher developers:

I noticed today that with the new 7.1 OS updates (at least for my Bold 9900 for version# .190), the "NFC_Toggle" function (and I assume other pre-written functions for the Manage Connections settings) is one off with the new inclusion of the wifi hotspot.

For example, the NFC_Toggle function now toggles Bluetooth instead.

Just a heads up, but will there be an update for 7.1 users?
    01-09-12 07:14 AM
    To the NFC Launcher developers:

I noticed today that with the new 7.1 OS updates (at least for my Bold 9900 for version# .190), the "NFC_Toggle" function (and I assume other pre-written functions for the Manage Connections settings) is one off with the new inclusion of the wifi hotspot.

For example, the NFC_Toggle function now toggles Bluetooth instead.

Just a heads up, but will there be an update for 7.1 users?

Hi, if you read back on the pages I had this issue when the 7.1.0.74 leak appeared.

NFC admins posted me the way to change the macro to solve it.

I now have 2 macros, one for 7.0. And one for 7.1.

01-09-12 07:29 AM
    A new version is getting prepared. It will be released no later than end of this month.
    The new version will fix the issue for those running BB 7.1 with active Wifi Hotspot (not all OS 7.1 has wifi Hotspot).

In the mean time, as ifraser has also mentioned, you can use macros in ShortcutMe to do what you want without using the default functions in NFCShortcuts.

worstcase likes this.
    01-09-12 08:07 AM
426 ... 1415161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD