10-01-12 01:18 PM
426 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I have recently purchased NFCLauncher and ShortcutMe. I would like to setup
    a macro that will change my profile to silent and if Bluetooth is on to turn
    it off and a second one to change my profile to vibrate and turn Bluetooth
    on.

Can I do that in one macro or should I cascade two? *Can you help me with
    these steps.

Thanks in advance
    11-07-11 07:32 AM
    I have recently purchased NFCLauncher and ShortcutMe. I would like to setup
    a macro that will change my profile to silent and if Bluetooth is on to turn
    it off and a second one to change my profile to vibrate and turn Bluetooth
    on.

Can I do that in one macro or should I cascade two? *Can you help me with
    these steps.

Thanks in advance
    First off RIM made the API a little wonky when it comes to checking if Bluetooth is on. If you check if Bluetooth is on while it is off you will get a prompt. There's no way around this (thank RIM). I'll post macros to do what you want though.

Let's make a few macros though, so they can be reused in the future for other macros you wish to write shall we?

This first one will toggle bluetooth on/off.

App Name: Macro
    Shortcut Keys: BTT
    Macros:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    LedOff;

Now let's do a macro that will ALWAYS turn on Bluetooth. Again, thanks to RIM the API will prompt you about bluetooth, but the way this macro works the prompt doesnt mean anything. No matter which choice you choose bluetooth will still turn on. This macro requires the BBT one i posted.

Shortcut Keys:BON
    Macros:
    If1 IsBtOn;
    Then1;
    Delay1;
    Else1;
    ImportMacroBTT;
    EndIf1;

this next macro will turn off bluetooth no matter what. You may still get a prompt. But it means nothing. Doesnt matter what you choose in the prompt, bluetooth will still turn off.

Shortcut Keys:BOF
    Macros:
    If1 !IsBtOn;
    Then1;
    Delay1;
    Else1;
    ImportMacroBTT;
    EndIf1;

Now, you have 3 macros that you can reuse in future ones without having to redo them

Here's your first request. This will change your ringer profile to silent, and use the above macros to make 100% sure that bluetooth is off. The first 3 macros i wrote are required for this to work.

SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Profiles;
    Delay110;
    *Keys;
    NavClick;
    ImportMacroBOF;
    LedOff;

and here's one that turns your ringer profile to Vibrate and makes 100% sure that bluetooth is on. This requires the first three macros i wrote.

SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Profiles;
    Delay110;
    *Keyv;
    NavClick;
    ImportMacroBON;
    LedOff;

Let me know how these work out for you. And if you want to change the shortcut keys for some/all of the 3 required macros let me know and we can work through that also. These were written using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.4.4 on 9900/7.0.0.474
    Vijik likes this.
    11-07-11 12:48 PM
    Excellent... I will test them... How do i link them to NFC launcher? Thank you in advance?
    11-07-11 01:02 PM
    Excellent... I will test them... How do i link them to NFC launcher? Thank you in advance?
    whatever shortcut keys you assigned to the last two macros is what you'd put in the parameter for ShortcutMe in NFCLaucher.

I left the last two macros (the ones that did what you actually asked for) without shortcut keys so you could use whatever you wanted, so let's say you used the shortcut keys XXX for

SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Profiles;
    Delay110;
    *Keys;
    NavClick;
    ImportMacroBOF;
    LedOff;

then in NFCLauncher, you'd chose
    Launch ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter:XXX

for "Parameter" you can just enter the Shortcut Keys for whatever ShortcutMe macro/shortcut you wish to launch.
    11-07-11 01:16 PM
    Juggalo20.. The Bluetooth Off macro is the same as the bluetooth on macro.. can you look at that again?... Also the Bluetooth on macro once executed will ask "The ShortcutMe_Touch application requires Bluetooth to be enabled. Enable Bluetooth?"
    11-07-11 01:20 PM
    Juggalo20.. The Bluetooth Off macro is the same as the bluetooth on macro.. can you look at that again?... Also the Bluetooth on macro once executed will ask "The ShortcutMe_Touch application requires Bluetooth to be enabled. Enable Bluetooth?"
    they are different, one is !IsBTon and the other is IsBTOn, the exclamation mark makes the difference.

IsBTOn returns TRUE if bluetooth is on, while !IsBTOn returns TRUE if bluetooth is off.

and yes, i warned you about the prompt. there's no way to avoid it. it's just the way that RIM made the API behave.

Edit #1
    As mentioned when i posted the macros though, the prompt means nothing. The way the macros are written, your answer will be irreverent. The macro to turn bluetooth on will turn it on irregardless of your choice for the prompt. And the one to turn bluetooth off is the same. You can just blindly answer the prompt, and the macro will still do what it's suppose to
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-07-11 at 01:27 PM.
    11-07-11 01:23 PM
    I tried the Off with ! and it does not work. Also with the On macro when the question about the bluetooth is asked if i dont click on Yes the bluetooth doesn't turn on..
    11-07-11 01:33 PM
    I tried the Off with ! and it does not work. Also with the On macro when the question about the bluetooth is asked if i dont click on Yes the bluetooth doesn't turn on..
    Weird, I just copy pasted the BON macro into my shortcutme and tested. Works fine. Always turns on bluetooth even if I choose no in the prompt :\ what shortcutme version are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 01:46 PM
    I'm using 5.9.2.0_OS7_T
    11-07-11 01:53 PM
    I'm using 5.9.2.0_OS7_T
    Old ;o lol
    When I get home I'll check if I have that old version. If I do I'll downgrade and test.

11-07-11 01:54 PM
    I got it from BB app world last week.. how can i upgrade??
    11-07-11 01:57 PM
    App world is slow at approving... You just gotta wait
    I have like 30+ versions of ShortcutMe so the odds are decent that I have it

11-07-11 02:11 PM
    okay thanks... i will wait to hear from you
    11-07-11 02:13 PM
    okay thanks... i will wait to hear from you
    Found the problem 5.9.2.0_OS7_T doesn't have the "LaunchAndWait" macro. Which is in the BTT (bluetooth toggle) I posted. Replace your BTT shortcut with this one

SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Manage Connections;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Manage Connections;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    LedOff;

Lemmie know how that works for you

Vijik likes this.
    11-07-11 04:56 PM
    I am in the process of finishing a new beta series of ShortcutMe (Juggalo20 has the latest beta because he is a (professional) beta tester).
    When that beta series are mature enough, I will release the latest version on App World so that you and others can upgrade (If you had bought it from Mobihand you could probably have the latest version faster).

As Juggalo20 kindly helped you out, for the time being you can replace "LaunchAndWait" macro with the macros that exist in your (old) version of ShortcutMe.
    Last edited by Vijik; 11-07-11 at 08:19 PM.
    11-07-11 07:30 PM
    Juggalo20.... Thanks a lot... Works excellent... really appreciate your help..
    11-07-11 09:48 PM
    Another question .. How can I launch a macro from home screen without executing shortcutme app?
    11-07-11 10:01 PM
    Another question .. How can I launch a macro from home screen without executing shortcutme app?
    Happy to help
    To lauch via homescreen hotkey you need an app called MyOwnIcons. It allows you to assign 10 homescreen hotkeys as well as custom icons for almost any app and/or SCM macro. It does not allow you to override the OS hotkeys though (m for messages, p for phone (or bbnotepad if you have that) or t for tasks)

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/47901

Or there's a free version that allows you to set 1 instead of 10
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/47907
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-07-11 at 10:14 PM.
    11-07-11 10:10 PM
    Happy to help
    To lauch via homescreen hotkey you need an app called MyOwnIcons. It allows you to assign 10 homescreen hotkeys as well as custom icons for almost any app and/or SCM macro. It does not allow you to override the OS hotkeys though (m for messages, p for phone (or bbnotepad if you have that) or t for tasks)
    Dude you are a hero! That is the best app ever!!!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/47901

Or there's a free version that allows you to set 1 instead of 10
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/47907

11-07-11 11:13 PM
    Haha. Naw, Vijik's the hero, I'm just the Fonware Fanboy spreading the good word haha ;D

Vijik likes this.
    11-07-11 11:15 PM
    Thanks a lot. I will look into it.
    11-07-11 11:39 PM
    Haha. Naw, Vijik's the hero, I'm just the Fonware Fanboy spreading the good word haha ;D

Thanks. Appreciate it.

One correction: MyOwnIcons_Light has 2 free icons. Users can just hide the other (paid) icons and enjoy using those 2 free icons, each with its own Hot Key and ability to run shortcuts in ShortcutMe.
    11-08-11 06:12 AM
    Hey guys can someone help me out. I bought milfare cards and the my 9900 and my wifes 9930 says card has no ID and card not be read. is there a different cards?? please help me. send me a pin 27fdda00 or a email igotberryfever@crackberry.com thanks
    Did you find out what type of tags you have?
    Were they Mifare Classic?
    11-08-11 07:26 PM
    So I finally got my tags!! Now I'm in the process of setting them all up. I'm still so amazed by all this technology and what it can do. ShortcutMe and NFCLauncher are by the far the best apps I've downloaded! I can't wait to show everyone what I can do with NFC.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    11-08-11 07:32 PM
    The one you cancelled looks to be Mifare Classic even that they don't mention 'Classic'

The one you have ordered are the good ones.

EDIT: $2.99 will last for few days before it goes up to (and stays at) $3.99
    It is a one time fee.
    Just paid a $1.00
    11-09-11 04:20 PM
426 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD