Great to hear you are working on the issues. They prevented me from upgrading to 7.1 so far.

Also does anyone know if Mifare 1K Classic will ever be supported or is it a technical thing?
    01-26-12 08:23 AM
    Great to hear you are working on the issues. They prevented me from upgrading to 7.1 so far.

Also does anyone know if Mifare 1K Classic will ever be supported or is it a technical thing?
    I don't see any real reason to not upgrade to OS 7.1 if you have SCM. I'll write macros for any function that breaks for ya, just lemmie know what you need.

As for Mifare Classic tags. That's up to RIM. NFCShortcuts supports everything that the phone does. It'd be up to RIM to support Classic tags if possible.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 01-26-12 at 08:30 AM.
    Vijik and worstcase like this.
    01-26-12 08:28 AM
    I'll try to get some info from rim about mifare 1k.

My first order were mifare 1ks only and i'd really like to use them to store more data for experiments. A tip for german users: The german retailer NFC-Tag-Shop.de tests the Tags with NFC capable BBs and lists compability.
    01-26-12 10:37 AM
    I don't know why Mifare 1K tags are not supported by BB OS. This could be just a limitation RIM is forced to agree on (forced by carriers and other stakeholders).

The supported tag, Mifare Ultralight, is generally much cheaper than other tags and I personally don't miss the Mifare 1K support.
    01-28-12 10:33 PM
    NFCShortcuts is updated to version 1.4.4.0

1.4.4.0 has a new function called NFCL_Toggler. It can be used to toggle anything you see in the Manage Connections page: Toggle Radio, Toggle Wi-Fi, Toggle Mobile Hotspot, Toggle Bluetooth, Toggle NFC, and Toggle All (Radios)

It can also be used to Open Network Connections, Wi-Fi Network, and Service Status pages).

NFCL_Toggle_WiFi_BT_Radio function is also modified to handle the addition of the Hotspot in BB OS 7.1
    02-12-12 08:30 AM

1.4.4.0 has a new function called NFCL_Toggler. It can be used to toggle anything you see in the Manage Connections page: Toggle Radio, Toggle Wi-Fi, Toggle Mobile Hotspot, Toggle Bluetooth, Toggle NFC, and Toggle All (Radios)

It can also be used to Open Network Connections, Wi-Fi Network, and Service Status pages).

NFCL_Toggle_WiFi_BT_Radio function is also modified to handle the addition of the Hotspot in BB OS 7.1
    Ǿk�Ỳ so does that mean I no longer need shortcut me to toggle the connections?
    02-12-12 08:34 AM
    Ǿk�Ỳ so does that mean I no longer need shortcut me to toggle the connections?
    Correct. You don't need SCM for toggling radios.

But, if you have ShortcutMe, combining it with NFCShortcuts means that you can use SCM's macro feature for tons of other things.
    02-12-12 08:37 AM
    That's good, I have both from when I first got my 9900 in October.

Still need to find other things to setup the cards for.

Just need a payment app to appear.
    02-12-12 08:52 AM
    That's good, I have both from when I first got my 9900 in October.

Still need to find other things to setup the cards for.

Just need a payment app to appear.
    I am also looking forward to be able to pay with my BB.
    Not only it is cool, it is safer and it makes my wallet less fat as there will be less plastic cards in it.
    02-12-12 04:34 PM

In one of your updates mentioning 1.4.4.0 you had stated that it was available both on AppWorld and Mobi. Does this mean the issues have been resolved with developers? Wondering because I had purchased NFC Shortcuts when it was under the name of NFC Launcher and Mobihand does seem to be letting me get NFC Shortcuts...
    02-16-12 02:31 PM
    The problem with mobihand is partly solved. I received part of the outstanding money from last year.
    Regardless of the issue with mobihand, NFCLauncher will not be published on mobihand anymore. That is because of the name change.
    Instead, NFCShortcuts is published on mobihand and channels.

I am in contact with mobihand and I hope they can move your accounts from NFCLauncher (which doesn't exist anymore) to NFCShortcuts. Sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.

NFCShortcuts 1.4.4.0 is on App World and mobihand as stated before.
    02-16-12 08:45 PM
    I could never understand why RIM assigned X to WLM though... I mean, W isn't mapped to any RIM app. Yet they chose X? haha
    Not only the default X hotkey launches WLM (which is odd hotkey selection), V launches Saved Messages, and N launches BBM !

Now that MyOwnHotKeys app is released, it will hopefully put an end to these meaningless default hotkeys by letting user choose their own hotkeys.
    Last edited by Vijik; 02-23-12 at 12:07 PM.
    02-18-12 01:39 AM
    One thing ShortcutMe users might like. is that with the ability to write PreMacros and PostMacros you can create entire ShortcutMe macros that don't have to clog up your actual ShortcutMe list. If you create just the one ShortcutMe macro like this

Shortcut Name: Null
    Shortcut Keys: ^nul
    App Name: Macro
    Macros: Delay1

you can then call this from NFCLauncher. as in

Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    PreMacros: rah rah rah put all your macros here
    Parameter: ^nul
    PostMacros: rah rah rah more macros if you want.
    Could you please explain this a little more, not sure what the "rah rah's" are. If you could show them in the macro I would appreciate it greatly.
    08-15-12 09:58 PM
    Could you please explain this a little more, not sure what the "rah rah's" are. If you could show them in the macro I would appreciate it greatly.
    Juggalo20 explains how you can have all of the macros for what you want to do in NFCShortcuts (pre- and post-macro fields) instead of in ShortcutMe.

(When NFCShortcuts launches a shortcut in ShortcutMe, it first runs the macros in pre-macro field, then it runs the macros (if any) in the shortcut in ShortcutMe, and at the end it runs the macros in Post-macro field)
    08-17-12 11:53 AM
    Juggalo20 explains how you can have all of the macros for what you want to do in NFCShortcuts (pre- and post-macro fields) instead of in ShortcutMe.

(When NFCShortcuts launches a shortcut in ShortcutMe, it first runs the macros in pre-macro field, then it runs the macros (if any) in the shortcut in ShortcutMe, and at the end it runs the macros in Post-macro field)
    All I see when I open NFCShortcuts are options to edit/delete selected stored tags; add a new tag; write to a tag; set license key; set app permissions; what can I do with this app; myownhotkeys; mediakeybooster. I don't see anything about writing macros. I hate to possibly "rehash" any questions that have been asked and answered but I still don't understand how it works. Could someone show an example please?
    08-17-12 06:37 PM
    All I see when I open NFCShortcuts are options to edit/delete selected stored tags; add a new tag; write to a tag; set license key; set app permissions; what can I do with this app; myownhotkeys; mediakeybooster. I don't see anything about writing macros. I hate to possibly "rehash" any questions that have been asked and answered but I still don't understand how it works. Could someone show an example please?
    When you create a new tag (Open NFCShortcuts and taping an NFC tag), or if you already have an tag defined in NFCShortcuts, setting the Launches field to ShortcutMe wil bring up two fields called Pre-Macro and Post-macro.
    08-19-12 05:08 PM
    When you create a new tag (Open NFCShortcuts and taping an NFC tag), or if you already have an tag defined in NFCShortcuts, setting the Launches field to ShortcutMe wil bring up two fields called Pre-Macro and Post-macro.
    Awesome, thank you so much for posting this for me. Now I can really get creative with shortcuts and tags.
    Vijik likes this.
    08-20-12 07:24 AM
    Hmm, must be a bit more to it than editing NFCshortcuts. I added a macro on the premacro end, nothing happened, then added it to the Postmacros, again, nothing happened. Do I have to rename my original scm macro's? Is there somewhere I can look that shows an example of how to add pre/post macro's? Got it figured out now
    Last edited by TafferJim; 08-22-12 at 05:48 AM.
    08-20-12 09:25 PM
    Juggalo20... i would like to disable the locking of my screen (keyboard) while I am in the car. That requires password entry and reentry... how about increase the time to 1 hour for "Lock After" and then when I'm back in the office to 5 min. Tried launching password in SCM but did not work... Can you help..
    I didn't even know you could do that manually...

The next thing i want to do is to increase font size while in the car!!!! and back to normal while in the office...

Thanks in advance
    I managed to get one written that will change to a larger font, then another that will change back to 8. Working on getting it to "toggle" instead of needing two different macro's
    08-22-12 09:15 PM
    What is the BBVegasOTA, and how do I get it to work?
    09-14-12 07:29 PM
    Is this forum officially dead? Doesn't seem to be anybody replying to threads anymore.
    09-17-12 12:25 PM
    Is this forum officially dead? Doesn't seem to be anybody replying to threads anymore.
    I didn't think anything was here in this thread that needed a reply. The last post was about BBVegasOTA which is out of scope for this thread.
    09-17-12 12:32 PM
    I didn't think anything was here in this thread that needed a reply. The last post was about BBVegasOTA which is out of scope for this thread.
    I asked about the BBVegasOTA in this thread only because it is in the list of shortcuts in SCM. If it isn't something that SCM can use, how can I remove it from the menu?
    09-22-12 07:48 AM
    I asked about the BBVegasOTA in this thread only because it is in the list of shortcuts in SCM. If it isn't something that SCM can use, how can I remove it from the menu?
    If you refer to AppName drop down list (the one found in the Shortcut Setting page), then it lists all the apps/modules in finds on your BB.

In other words, BBVegasOTA is not a ShortcutMe function, it just shows up on that menu because it is found on your BB.
    09-22-12 01:40 PM
    Is there a way to have SCM repeat a shortcut? If I send out a text message, can it repeat every 3 or 4 hours?
    10-01-12 01:05 PM
426 ... 15161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD