So I finally got my tags!! Now I'm in the process of setting them all up. I'm still so amazed by all this technology and what it can do. ShortcutMe and NFCLauncher are by the far the best apps I've downloaded! I can't wait to show everyone what I can do with NFC.
    Good. Hopefully the atgs are the right ones and not Mifare Classic (that doesn't work).

For a start, take a look at the ideas mentioned in the thread below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...90#post6810390
    11-10-11 08:43 AM
    Found the problem 5.9.2.0_OS7_T doesn't have the "LaunchAndWait" macro. Which is in the BTT (bluetooth toggle) I posted. Replace your BTT shortcut with this one

SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Manage Connections;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Manage Connections;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    LedOff;

Lemmie know how that works for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks so much for this.
    I used all your code and it worked beautifully, also I copied and modified it to do the same thing for IsWifiOn and !IsWifiOn. That worked great also.
    But here is my question. With the code I just mentioned I also made this one to let my wife know when I get home

App Name: Msg_SMS
    Shortcut Key: TLH
    Parameter: 9175551234 (my wife's phone number)
    Macro:
    Delay50;
    Key I'm Home.;
    ENTERKey;
    ESCKey;

When I run this, it sends the text everytime without a problem, but when I tried to incorporate it to the other code it did everything BUT send the text:

Macro:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Profiles;
    Delay110;
    *Keys;
    NavClick;
    ImportMacroBOF;
    Delay50;
    ImportMacroWON; //This is the Macro to make sure WiFi is on
    Delay50;
    ImportMacroTLH; //This is the one to text my wife
    ESCKey;
    LedOff;

I'm really new to this so sorry for the obvious error you will find. Since it's my first time using Shortcutme I'm guessing Macro doesn't play well with Msg_SMS in the same code?

Thanks in advanced for all your help.
    11-15-11 03:59 AM
    Thanks so much for this.
    I used all your code and it worked beautifully, also I copied and modified it to do the same thing for IsWifiOn and !IsWifiOn. That worked great also.
    But here is my question. With the code I just mentioned I also made this one to let my wife know when I get home

App Name: Msg_SMS
    Shortcut Key: TLH
    Parameter: edited out by Juggalo20 (my wife's phone number)
    Macro:
    Delay50;
    Key I'm Home.;
    ENTERKey;
    ESCKey;

When I run this, it sends the text everytime without a problem, but when I tried to incorporate it to the other code it did everything BUT send the text:

Macro:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Profiles;
    Delay110;
    *Keys;
    NavClick;
    ImportMacroBOF;
    Delay50;
    ImportMacroWON; //This is the Macro to make sure WiFi is on
    Delay50;
    ImportMacroTLH; //This is the one to text my wife
    ESCKey;
    LedOff;

I'm really new to this so sorry for the obvious error you will find. Since it's my first time using Shortcutme I'm guessing Macro doesn't play well with Msg_SMS in the same code?

Thanks in advanced for all your help.
    Oh good lord! Lol don't post phone numbers on a public forum haha. I'll edit this post in a sec with answers though

edit #1
    Firstly, you don't need to go though Manage Connections for on/off wifi, just use
    Launch Wifi_On
    Or
    Launch Wifi_Off
    Not sure why RIM didn't make bluetooth work easy like this.. But meh

Import macro is just that, imports the macros of other shourtcuts. The macros of your TLH is only being imported. Sorry

I've been there before lol. Reporting problems with ImportMacro like this heh

Edit #2
    What I'm saying is. AppName and. Parameter don't get imported by ImportMacro. Just the macros :\

[b]Edit #3[b]
    Proof of this:
    Open MemoPad
    Move cursor to the body
    Launch the macro

You will see it type "I'm home" and hit the esc then enter
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-15-11 at 04:26 AM.
    11-15-11 04:03 AM
    LOL that wasn't really my wife's number, I guess you didn't notice the 555-1234.

Thanks for the quick response. Thing is that I'm REALLY new at this and besides what I did, wouldn't know how to go about making this work.

*Edit: So I just have to forget about the whole WON and WOF and just add

Launch Wifi_On
    and
    Launch Wifi_Off
    at the top of TLH?
    Last edited by Diazman; 11-15-11 at 04:48 AM.
    11-15-11 04:33 AM
    Thank you juggalo20 for supporting NFCLauncher,ShortcutMe users.

News for Diazman and others using macros from Juggalo20 and other fans:

ShortcutMe 5.9.5.1 is submitted to App World and it will hopefully get approved tomorrow.
    When you have that version, all of the macros Juggalo20 has in his posts will run on your ShortcutMe.

@Diazman:

Cascaded shortcuts might also help you in some cases.
    Cascaded shortcuts will run one shortcut after the other. For example the shortcut below will run shortcut AB and then AC:

AppName: CascadedShortcut
    Parameter: AB; AC;
    11-15-11 11:10 AM
    LOL that wasn't really my wife's number, I guess you didn't notice the 555-1234.

Thanks for the quick response. Thing is that I'm REALLY new at this and besides what I did, wouldn't know how to go about making this work.

*Edit: So I just have to forget about the whole WON and WOF and just add

Launch Wifi_On
    and
    Launch Wifi_Off
    at the top of TLH?
    hahah! no man, i didnt even look at the actual number, i just seen the comment "my wifes number" and the realistic area code. ;D

anyways, Vijik's right, cascaded shortcuts might be your best bet. a macro something like

SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Profiles;
    Delay110;
    *Keys;
    NavClick;
    ImportMacroBOF;
    Delay50;
    Launch WiFi_on
    Delay50;
    ESCKey;
    LedOff;

then make a 3rd shortcut
    App Name: CascadedShortcuts
    Parameter: NewMacroShortcutkeys:TWH

OR or or or, since this is being triggered by NFCLauncher.... you can do something like... when assigning this to a NFC tag, choose ShortcutMe as your app name, set parameter as TWH then in PreMacros put

SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Profiles;
    Delay110;
    *Keys;
    NavClick;
    ImportMacroBOF;
    Delay50;
    Launch WiFi_on
    Delay50;
    ESCKey;
    LedOff;

also, Vijik, it's no problem, I'm happy to try helping as best i can
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-15-11 at 01:26 PM.
    11-15-11 01:24 PM
    Thank you juggalo20 for supporting NFCLauncher,ShortcutMe users.

News for Diazman and others using macros from Juggalo20 and other fans:

ShortcutMe 5.9.5.1 is submitted to App World and it will hopefully get approved tomorrow.
    When you have that version, all of the macros Juggalo20 has in his posts will run on your ShortcutMe.

@Diazman:

Cascaded shortcuts might also help you in some cases.
    Cascaded shortcuts will run one shortcut after the other. For example the shortcut below will run shortcut AB and then AC:

AppName: CascadedShortcut
    Parameter: AB; AC;
    Thanks.
    Do you know if I can do the same for NFC launcher? As in, HME; TLH; ?
    11-15-11 08:00 PM
    I finally received my NFC tags. I ended up ordering them from Tagstand.com as they had very reasonable shipping to Canada. A few of the guys I work with wanted some as well so we ordered 50 of the 30 mm metal-isolated round Mifare Ultralight. Total with shipping was $49.00 ($42.50 + $6.50 shipping) after I worked out a group buy. I'd recommend them.
    Vijik likes this.
    11-15-11 08:35 PM
    Thanks.
    Do you know if I can do the same for NFC launcher? As in, HME; TLH; ?
    Assuming you want to launch HME and then TLH shortcuts in ShortcutMe from NFCLauncher:

Make a cascaded shortcut (keys: HH) in ShortcutMe that launches HME and TLH.

Now assign one of your NFC tags to launch HH shortcut in ShortcutMe:
    Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter: HH
    11-15-11 11:23 PM
    Ok, so I just upgraded to the new shortcutme version on appworld.

So in this version instead of using ImportMacroTLH; I can just do: TLH; HME; ?
    11-16-11 04:30 AM
    I installed the new version this morning but since then the bluetooth toggle macro doesn't work.

Just the default on. Anyone got any idea?

Edit, ok it hadn't set the permissions correctly. Seems ok now.

11-16-11 08:38 AM
    I use NFC_Launcher and SCM and MediaKeyBooster...
    I love them.
    You can use NFC Launcher to do quite a bit.

Everyday I go home I send my wife an e-mail that I'm leaving work, I turn off wifi, I turn on Btooth, and I launch Vlingo (so I can hear my e-mails and messages as I go home)

This is easy to do but tedious and time consuming. So, I got NFC Launcher and now all four tasks take place just by putting my phone over an NFC tag in the car.

The Good and the Bad.
    The good news is that I got some help from a fellow CrackBerry user to only send the e-mail if it was past a certain time (that way I don't e-mail my wife when I go to lunch) and I never forget to do it.

The bad news for me (and this could just be user error since I have had it a short time) but I took the tag off my car cradle because it kept launching it. I just put the tag next to it instead of on the cradle itself.

The NFC bump bwtween BB will be nice though.
    11-16-11 08:49 AM
    I use NFC_Launcher and SCM and MediaKeyBooster...
    I love them.
    You can use NFC Launcher to do quite a bit.

Everyday I go home I send my wife an e-mail that I'm leaving work, I turn off wifi, I turn on Btooth, and I launch Vlingo (so I can hear my e-mails and messages as I go home)

This is easy to do but tedious and time consuming. So, I got NFC Launcher and now all four tasks take place just by putting my phone over an NFC tag in the car.

The Good and the Bad.
    The good news is that I got some help from a fellow CrackBerry user to only send the e-mail if it was past a certain time (that way I don't e-mail my wife when I go to lunch) and I never forget to do it.

The bad news for me (and this could just be user error since I have had it a short time) but I took the tag off my car cradle because it kept launching it. I just put the tag next to it instead of on the cradle itself.

The NFC bump bwtween BB will be nice though.
    For your problem of it launching over and over... I assume from your post you have ShortcutMe correct? If so I'd be happy to try to edit your macro so it would only launch once per day... I've never tried to write something like that, but... Yeah..

11-17-11 02:26 AM
    For your Info:

I have pulled off all of my apps from mobihand until mobihand fix their financial problems and pay the collected money for my apps.

My apps are still available on App World.

NFCLauncher is now renamed to NFCShortcuts available on App World. Your license key for NFCLauncher will activate NFCShortcuts.
    Last edited by Vijik; 11-19-11 at 09:34 AM.
    11-19-11 09:31 AM
    How do I download NFCShortcuts in Appworld without paying another $2.99?
    11-19-11 09:47 AM
    How do I download NFCShortcuts in Appworld without paying another $2.99?
    I will soon provide a download link to current NFCLauncher users.

So far the only thing that needs to be done is to store your settings on uSD card, delete NFCLauncher, download NFCShortcuts from the download link, and then restore settings from uSd card.

I get back to you on this.
    11-19-11 05:54 PM
    I got my NFC Launcher from BB app world.. do I need to change to the NFC shortcuts?.. I see that BB app world shows both?..
    11-19-11 10:44 PM
    I got my NFC Launcher from BB app world.. do I need to change to the NFC shortcuts?.. I see that BB app world shows both?..
    Not right this second, but eventually yes. I wouldn't be too worried about it right now. Kinda a wait and see for a little bit, to see what the process will be to switch over. I'm sure Vijik will report back when info is available

11-19-11 10:54 PM
    Juggalo20 is right.

Don't get NFCShortcuts if you already have NFCLauncher.
    I will transfer over existing NFCLauncher users to NFCShortcuts and then remove NFCLauncher.
    Let you guys know.

This is more for new users so that they get NFCShortcuts.
    11-20-11 09:00 AM
    Okay thanks... I will wait to hear from you....
    11-20-11 10:27 AM
    This may be an extremely n00blar question... but what language are the macro's written in? or are they handled purely by options offered by the program you're using?

The reason I ask, is that I wouldn't mind writing a proprietary macro that's taylored to my specific environment, and limit the number of tags necessary to accomplish my tasks... I.E.

1 tag on the night table, that toggles the operations using a Boolean and a NOT operator. (ON tag1 $bool = !$bool) etc.

1 tag out the door using the same toggle system, etc. etc.

Any thoughts?

P.S. --> another noobish question... NFC is useable through a case, right? I.E. the OtterBox Commuter series.. I shouldn't have any issues using NFC?
    Last edited by fragment137; 11-20-11 at 11:12 AM.
    11-20-11 11:09 AM
    This may be an extremely n00blar question... but what language are the macro's written in? or are they handled purely by options offered by the program you're using?

The reason I ask, is that I wouldn't mind writing a proprietary macro that's taylored to my specific environment, and limit the number of tags necessary to accomplish my tasks... I.E.

1 tag on the night table, that toggles the operations using a Boolean and a NOT operator. (ON tag1 $bool = !$bool) etc.

1 tag out the door using the same toggle system, etc. etc.

Any thoughts?

P.S. --> another noobish question... NFC is useable through a case, right? I.E. the OtterBox Commuter series.. I shouldn't have any issues using NFC?
    ok, so, not gunna lie here. i cant quite wrap my head around what you're asking about booleans... but as for a case, i use RIM's hardshell case and have no problems tapping tags. BlackBerry Hard Shell for Bold 9900/9930 - Black w/Black accent - CrackBerry Canada
    11-20-11 12:05 PM
    @Fragment137,

Generally, you set NFCShortcuts to do something when the BB is tapped to a NFC tag.

"Do something" can be as simple as launching an app or a function in NFCShortcuts, or it can be a complex task by launching a macro shortcut in ShortcutMe.

Macro language is a home made language but it is easy to understand if you have ever done any programming.
    A macro example:

Launch Manage Connections; (opens Manage Connection on BB)
    Delay 200; (waits 200 mSeconds so that Manage Connections opens)
    NavMoveDown 1; (Moves the cursor down once)
    NavClick; (selects the highlighted item on Manage Connections by simulating trackpad click)

Juggalo20 and many others have written amazing macros that doing a lot of things by just tapping one NFC tag.
    Last edited by Vijik; 11-20-11 at 05:49 PM.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    11-20-11 12:22 PM
    @vijik

Thanks for clarifying.. I was curious as to whether I could develop a program in Java or something of the like to accomplish what i'm looking for.

@juggalo20

It was my sad attempt at describing a logical NOT gate. I can use a statement like that to create a toggle switch that would allow me to lay out alternating operations using only one input.

Actually, it was completely unnecessary for my question, so I apologize :P
    Last edited by fragment137; 11-20-11 at 03:06 PM.
    11-20-11 02:55 PM
    @vijik

Thanks for clarifying.. I was curious as to whether I could develop a program in Java or something of the like to accomplish what i'm looking for.

You might find macro language in ShortcutMe easier than Java, as it is originally developed based on the user inputs on BlackBerry
    11-21-11 08:28 PM
426 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD