A-men to that, Vijik has certainly earned my purchases and without a doubt respect in the BB community!

This question goes to you Juggalo20 and all the other macro writers... is there a reason to code a toggle bluetooth macro when it's already available as an app in SCM? Just wondering for me own purposes.

What version are you running? I believe I had the same problem with NavMoveDown (forget which version), but upgrading to 5.9.3.1 fixed it for me.
    is 5.9.3.1 in Mobihand? i just upgraded a few days ago, i just checked in my mobihand account and it says latest version is 5.9.3.0
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 10-25-11 at 01:07 PM.
    10-25-11 01:05 PM
    Verison: 5.9.3.0_OS7_T

Car Setting: Turns on bluetooth and sets profile to Loud

Launch Manage connections;
    delay200;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    ESCkey;
    delay200;
    Launch Profiles
    delay100;
    keyL;
    EnterKey;
    You missed a ; after Profiles.
    I fixed it and tested using. ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.3.1_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440 and got no errors though

And dimm0k, I cannot honestly remember why I did my own bluetooth toggle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 01:10 PM
    i just tried deleting all my macros and creating them again..

it works now ; >

but hopefully the root cause can be determined
    10-25-11 01:15 PM
    You missed a ; after Profiles.
    I fixed it and tested using. ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.3.1_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440 and got no errors though

And dimm0k, I cannot honestly remember why I did my own bluetooth toggle.

that was probably a typo trying to type it out manually here ; >

it's there in my macro.. but it works after deleting and entering it again.
    10-25-11 01:16 PM
    that was probably a typo trying to type it out manually here ; >

it's there in my macro.. but it works after deleting and entering it again.
    Perhaps there was a typo in your original macro, cuz I just downgraded my scm and that macro works fine as posted (with the ; fix) using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.3.0_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

Glad it's working for you now though.
    Mkay. Sleepy time for me. Brb 7 hours.

10-25-11 01:23 PM
    Perhaps there was a typo in your original macro, cuz I just downgraded my scm and that macro works fine as posted (with the ; fix) using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.3.0_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

Glad it's working for you now though.
    Mkay. Sleepy time for me. Brb 7 hours.

thanks for your help.. i've been trying different combinations to get the right one..

my tags arrive on thursday ; > so hopefully i can have all my settings working..

i'm trying to get the best way to check for BT and if it's on turn it off, if it's off keep it off.. but like i mentioned before and it's been stated that the bluetooth API throws that pop up! : <

i like your toggle and maybe i will use the LED to show the macros is initialized ; > but again it'll turn it on when it's off.. when i want it to stay off ..
    10-25-11 01:31 PM
    This question goes to you Juggalo20 and all the other macro writers... is there a reason to code a toggle bluetooth macro when it's already available as an app in SCM? Just wondering for me own purposes.

If your shortcut just does what a ShortcutMe function does, then it is usually no need to write a macro for it (unless you upgrade BB OS and items position/order are changed. Now instead of waiting for me to fix it in a new version, you can rewrite it as a macro).

If your shortcut does a bit more than a ShortcutMe function and you want to add macros after the function is executed, it is a good idea to write everything as a macro and avoid mixing functions with macros in one and the same shortcut.
    10-25-11 03:16 PM
    thanks for your help.. i've been trying different combinations to get the right one..

my tags arrive on thursday ; > so hopefully i can have all my settings working..

i'm trying to get the best way to check for BT and if it's on turn it off, if it's off keep it off.. but like i mentioned before and it's been stated that the bluetooth API throws that pop up! : <

i like your toggle and maybe i will use the LED to show the macros is initialized ; > but again it'll turn it on when it's off.. when i want it to stay off ..
    yup, it's annoying as ****. some genius at RIM must have thought "well if the app is checking for it, it must want it, so prompt the user" .... lame

Update #1
    so right i couldnt help but think i'd somewhat solved this before, and i kind of have back here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6763399

what i did was write a macro that check bluetooth and do exactly what you want based on it. you will still get the prompt, but like.... if you want bluetooth on, we can turn it on no matter what you answer to the prompt. If you want bluetooth off, and accidentally hit "yes" to the prompt doesnt matter the macro will go back and turn it off.

he's how i did it:

first let's create the BTT (BlueTooth Toggle) macro i posted earlier, for this example we'll call it BTT but in your set up you can change it, as long as you change the 2nd macro accordingly. more on that at the end.

Display Name: BlueTooth Toggle
    App Name: Macro
    Macros:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    Launch Manage Connections;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Manage Connections;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    LedOff;

now I'll post two macros, the first will turn on bluetooth no matter what. prompt or no prompt, if you answer yes to the prompt bluetooth comes on, if you answer no to the prompt, bluetooth turns on anyway

If1 IsBtOn;
    Then1;
    Delay1;
    Else1;
    ImportMacroBTT;
    EndIf1;

now here's one that will turn Bluetooth off no matter what. prompt or no prompt. answer yes to the prompt and the macro will go turn off bluetooth anyway.

If1 !IsBtOn;
    Then1;
    Delay1;
    Else1;
    ImportMacroBTT;
    EndIf1;

subtle changes. i did a decent amount of testing just now, seems to work perfect. please report problems though and we'll work through it. sorry there's no way to avoid the prompt, but with these at least you can just blindly answer lol cuz your answer means nothing :P

Now, how to change the original BTT macro's shortcut keys. If you choose something else, you must change the ImportMacro line of the second and third macros to the shortcut keys of the bluetooth toggle.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-25-11 at 09:44 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
    knowledge_6 likes this.
    10-25-11 08:42 PM
    I'm looking for owner feedback, and understand this about NFC on the 9900 after reading parts of this tread and info at other places;

Tag-reading not possible/only some tags, an O.S. update wil resolve the problem in november/december. NFClauncher app, let you write some tags.
    Sharing-pairing; It seems we need the new BB tag-app, that comes "soon"?

Anyone wants to add something? Or other feedback from owners about NFC out of the box, or about other installed NFC-app?
    Thank you very much, Joao
    10-26-11 02:11 PM
    I'm looking for owner feedback, and understand this about NFC on the 9900 after reading parts of this tread and info at other places;

Tag-reading not possible/only some tags, an O.S. update wil resolve the problem in november/december. NFClauncher app, let you write some tags.
    Sharing-pairing; It seems we need the new BB tag-app, that comes "soon"?

Anyone wants to add something? Or other feedback from owners about NFC out of the box, or about other installed NFC-app?
    Thank you very much, Joao
    NFCLauncher is based on the fact that you can tap a NFC tag and it launches what you want it to launch (launch an app or a macro shortcut in ShortcutMe).
    Within this use case it does everything that is needed to achieve that goal (assign a tag to launch what you want).

You don't need the current Smart Tags app or a new version of it to be able to assign a tag to what you want to launch.
    Joao Rostli likes this.
    10-26-11 02:27 PM
    Thanks for the explanation Vijik.

A few months ago at nfcrumors; "9900 was only able to recognize certain types of ISO14443 tags (and not even the ones that have over 70% of the current market share), and it had extremely limited capability of what it could actually do with the tags, the data in the tags, or encoding data in the tags. This alone renders the NFC component of the phone nearly useless. Furthermore, there was also no apparent usable software on the phone to utilize the great possibilities of NFC. It also appeared there were no provisions to work with ISO15693 (like the Nexus S uses)."

Anyone experienced problems tapping tags?
    10-26-11 04:24 PM

A few months ago at nfcrumors; "9900 was only able to recognize certain types of ISO14443 tags (and not even the ones that have over 70% of the current market share), and it had extremely limited capability of what it could actually do with the tags, the data in the tags, or encoding data in the tags. This alone renders the NFC component of the phone nearly useless. Furthermore, there was also no apparent usable software on the phone to utilize the great possibilities of NFC. It also appeared there were no provisions to work with ISO15693 (like the Nexus S uses)."

i picked up 6 different size MIFARE Ultralight tags for use with NFCLauncher:

Square - 35 mm x 35 mm
    Square - 50 mm x 50 mm
    Circle - 25 mm
    Circle - 45 mm
    Rectangle - 55 mm x 17 mm
    Rectangle - 86 mm x 54

in my experience they all work just fine.
    Joao Rostli likes this.
    10-26-11 07:40 PM
    Finally got my tags in today! I downloaded nfclauncher and tried to program a card (do not own shortcutMe). I programmed the card just to open ScoreMobile... when I scan the card it says I have an invalid license key. The key I put in is correct. Can someone outline step-by-step what I have to do to program a card?
    10-26-11 08:00 PM
    Finally got my tags in today! I downloaded nfclauncher and tried to program a card (do not own shortcutMe). I programmed the card just to open ScoreMobile... when I scan the card it says I have an invalid license key. The key I put in is correct. Can someone outline step-by-step what I have to do to program a card?

Please send email to nfcl at fonware dot ca and let me know what your BB PIN and license key is. I can check and see if your key is correct.
    10-26-11 08:09 PM

I am not sure about ISO15693 tags. I never had them.
    I wrote the program in a way that it will read all the tags that BB OS supports and I will continue to update NFCLauncher so that it will also read new type of tags if future BB OS supports more tag types.

3 NFCLauncher users said that Smart Tags (BB App) and NFCLauncher can't read Mifare Classic cards.
    A lot of people have confirmed that Mifare Ultralight tags are working fine with NFClauncher and Smart Tags.
    Joao Rostli likes this.
    10-26-11 08:13 PM
    Please send email to nfcl at fonware dot ca and let me know what your BB PIN and license key is. I can check and see if your key is correct.
    Thanks. Email sent.
    10-26-11 08:33 PM
    Thanks. Email sent.
    I just released (on mobihand) the version you downloaded.
    It is also submitted to the App World.
    bbqkid8 likes this.
    10-26-11 09:16 PM
    Just wanna post that nfclauncher works great. I even downloaded shortcutme for more functionality. Thanks to Vijik for the quick email and response to help me get this thing going.
    10-26-11 11:10 PM
    Just wanna post that nfclauncher works great. I even downloaded shortcutme for more functionality. Thanks to Vijik for the quick email and response to help me get this thing going.
    You're very welcome.

Now that you have ShortcutMe, it is a good idea to start writing your own macros.

If you need any help about macros+NFCLauncher ask here on this thread. There are many macro masters on this thread.
    10-27-11 05:18 AM
    how would you use a premacro and post macro...

Launch: Shotcutme_touch
    premacro:
    parameter: (shortcut keys to launch macro)
    postmacro:

what would you put in the pre/postmaco?

Edit: read the posts about importmacros ... still confused
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 10-27-11 at 12:48 PM.
    10-27-11 12:44 PM

premacro:
    postmacro:

You can write extra macros there. This allows you to have your normal ShortcutMe shortcut, but add extra stuff for the NFC tag. Premacros will be run prior to the SCM shortcut, postmacros afterwards

10-27-11 12:52 PM
    You can write extra macros there. This allows you to have your normal ShortcutMe shortcut, but add extra stuff for the NFC tag. Premacros will be run prior to the SCM shortcut, postmacros afterwards

so just write the macro like you would in the editor?

premacro: launch wifi_on;
    parameter: shortcut keys
    postmacro: launch profiles; delay1; keym; enterkey;
    10-27-11 12:56 PM

premacro:
    postmacro:

'ImportMacro' is a feature in ShortcutMe's Macro Engine that allows you to import macros from another shortcut in ShortcutMe and use it in the shortcut you are running.

PreMacro and PostMacros in NFCLauncher are different in the sense that they will be added to front of (preMacro) and after (PostMacro) the macros you have in the shortcut you try to launch from NFCLauncher.

For example:
    A shortcut In ShortcutMe:
    AppName:Macro
    Shortcut Keys: ABC
    Macros: Show 2;

In NFCLauncher:
    Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    PreMacros: Show 1;
    Parameter:ABC
    PostMacros: Show 3;

Now when you tap the NFC tag it will show you 3 panels with 1, 2, and 3 as text.

Premacros and postmacros can be used to run a shortcut in ShortcutMe in a different way if it is launched from NFCLauncher (comparing to how that shortcut runs if it is launched from ShortcutMe).
    knowledge_6 likes this.
    10-27-11 01:23 PM
    sweet can't wait to get home to try it out... my tags finally came!!

setup some macros to set my alarms:

it opens my alarm clock sets it to 7:05am ON
    it opens my alarm clock sets it to 8:10am ON
    turn alarm off ; >
    10-27-11 02:49 PM
    sweet can't wait to get home to try it out... my tags finally came!!

setup some macros to set my alarms:

it opens my alarm clock sets it to 7:05am ON
    it opens my alarm clock sets it to 8:10am ON
    turn alarm off ; >
    Lol, self macroed sleep timer?

10-27-11 02:54 PM
426 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD