also if two people have the same macros, shortcuts..

and both have nfclauncher...

can they use the same tags?

i dont see why not unless writing to the tag is devices specific (shurgs)
    10-20-11 11:11 AM
    Is it possible to have NFCLauncher unlock a device that's protected with a password? Usually the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is reach for my BB and it's a bit difficult to punch in the right letters when you're half awake.
    No because NFC is off (for reading a card/tag) when the device is locked.

But this can be done with MediaKeyBooster application combined with ShortcutMe.

MediaKeyBooster can detect your clicks (and multi clicks) on the media keys even when the device is locked.
    10-20-11 12:11 PM
    also if two people have the same macros, shortcuts..

and both have nfclauncher...

can they use the same tags?

i dont see why not unless writing to the tag is devices specific (shurgs)
    Yes, they can.
    10-20-11 12:13 PM

MediaKeyBooster can detect your clicks (and multi clicks) on the media keys even when the device is locked.
    Ahh, did not know NFC is off while locked. Thought it was on since the NFC icon stays there while locked. From what I understand of MediaKeyBooster, having a Media Key launch SCM to unlock the phone would sort of defeat the purpose of having the phone locked. If the NFC worked then the NFC sticker would be the only place to unlock the phone other than me typing it in...
    10-20-11 12:56 PM
    If NFC worked when the phone was locked yuor phone would get stolen and someone could fill themselves up at mcdonalds or greggs by using the contactless payments.....when it is finally implemented
    10-20-11 01:32 PM
    If NFC worked when the phone was locked yuor phone would get stolen and someone could fill themselves up at mcdonalds or greggs by using the contactless payments.....when it is finally implemented
    Ahh, that does make perfect sense, never thought about it that way!
    10-20-11 01:48 PM
    Ahh, did not know NFC is off while locked. Thought it was on since the NFC icon stays there while locked. From what I understand of MediaKeyBooster, having a Media Key launch SCM to unlock the phone would sort of defeat the purpose of having the phone locked. If the NFC worked then the NFC sticker would be the only place to unlock the phone other than me typing it in...
    It is a security concern when a NFC tag or a series of media key clicks can unlock your BB.

However if convenience wins a bit over security, the new version of MediaKeyBooster will allow you to define a series of media key clicks to password login to your BB.

For example you can specify that VolumeDown+VolumeUp+VolumeDown+VolumeDown can unlock your BB.

MKB will then disable the login feature if it finds out someone tries to find out what your media key combination is.
    10-20-11 02:12 PM
    It is a security concern when a NFC tag or a series of media key clicks can unlock your BB.

However if convenience wins a bit over security, the new version of MediaKeyBooster will allow you to define a series of media key clicks to password login to your BB.

For example you can specify that VolumeDown+VolumeUp+VolumeDown+VolumeDown can unlock your BB.

MKB will then disable the login feature if it finds out someone tries to find out what your media key combination is.
    Whoa, nice to know MediaKeyBooster is capable of such! Been sort of looking for some extra reasons to shell out for that app... this might just do it, thanks.
    10-20-11 02:18 PM

There is a setting in connections menu where you can use NFC while the screen is locked.
    10-20-11 02:27 PM
    There is a setting in connections menu where you can use NFC while the screen is locked.
    I think that setting is not for reading a tag (NFC mode: Read/Write). It is only for emulating a tag (NFC Mode: Card Emulation).

To be able to tap a tag and do something, the Read/Write mode of NFC is needed.
    10-20-11 02:39 PM
    I think that setting is not for reading a tag (NFC mode: Read/Write). It is only for emulating a tag (NFC Mode: Card Emulation).

To be able to tap a tag and do something, the Read/Write mode of NFC is needed.
    Could be right. Haven't received tags and played with it yet.
    10-20-11 03:26 PM
    you can... they use fedex ground now so it's a bit cheaper ($13.94).. i guess they heard me complain on this thread or were in the middle of getting it done..
    Naw, their shipping method no longer works for me. I put in my postal code. i get this as a response,

"Unfortunately we can't ship to your location.
    Please select another location and try again."

fk 'em.
    10-20-11 05:20 PM
    NFC is more gimmicky than anything else right now but it is fun to play with. I use one tag to turn off wifi and turn on BT when I leave and one that does the opposite for when I get home.
    10-20-11 06:01 PM
    NFC is more gimmicky than anything else right now but it is fun to play with. I use one tag to turn off wifi and turn on BT when I leave and one that does the opposite for when I get home.
    Perhaps a little gimmicky, but to be perfectly honest I've found NFCLauncher to be legitimately handy. Like when I've stuff to carry out to my car, it's nice to just have a tag to tap on my way out the door compared to typing in a shortcut in ShortcutMe.
    10-20-11 06:05 PM
    Could be right. Haven't received tags and played with it yet.
    This is how it works currently on BB OS 3xx.
    But this might change in new BB OS (even that I don't see a reason why RIM would want to enable NFC reading when the device is locked).
    10-20-11 09:27 PM
    This is how it works currently on BB OS 3xx.
    But this might change in new BB OS (even that I don't see a reason why RIM would want to enable NFC reading when the device is locked).
    From a pure NFCLaumcher view I'd adore RIM if they allowed NFC while locked. But from an overall perspective I don't think I want NFC while it's locked heh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 09:35 PM
    question:

I have the 'If BtIsOn" statement to check if bt is on and if it is to turn it off, if it isnt then do nothing..

but i get a popup saying that BT needs to be enabled do you want to enable "yes" "no"..

is there a way to get rid of this pop up?
    10-21-11 12:32 PM
    question:

I have the 'If BtIsOn" statement to check if bt is on and if it is to turn it off, if it isnt then do nothing..

but i get a popup saying that BT needs to be enabled do you want to enable "yes" "no"..

is there a way to get rid of this pop up?
    Nope. Sadly that's how the RIM made the API work apparently. :\

10-21-11 12:50 PM

Correct.

'IsWifiOn', 'IsRadioOn', and 'IsNfcOn' are all using similar APIs, but none of those APIs automatically pops up a dialog box each time an app is just checking the state of that communication channel.
    So, it looks like that it is a bug in the Bluetooth API, and hopefully it will be fixed in new version of OS.
    (I spent several hours a while back trying to find another API for bluetooth that behaved in the same way as APIs for wifi, NFC, and Radio, but I didn't find any replacement)
    10-21-11 01:52 PM

Correct.

'IsWifiOn', 'IsRadioOn', and 'IsNfcOn' are all using similar APIs, but none of those APIs automatically pops up a dialog box each time an app is just checking the state of that communication channel.
    So, it looks like that it is a bug in the Bluetooth API, and hopefully it will be fixed in new version of OS.
    (I spent several hours a while back trying to find another API for bluetooth that behaved in the same way as APIs for wifi, NFC, and Radio, but I didn't find any replacement)

boo erns... any workarounds?

maybe i can determine the bluetooth toggle on some macros and isbton in others..
    but i found the toggle is not accurate as well ; <
    cause right now i have:

Car setting-
    launch manage connections
    turn on bt
    and then set Loud profile

coming out of that setting is okay..

but when trying to go from sleep to medium i have to check for BT on cause i can go into car mode from any setting i am currently in..
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 10-21-11 at 02:26 PM.
    10-21-11 02:14 PM
    boo erns... any workarounds?

maybe i can determine the bluetooth toggle on some macros and isbton in others..
    but i found the toggle is not accurate as well ; <
    what do you mean the toggle isn't accurate?
    10-21-11 02:24 PM
    what do you mean the toggle isn't accurate?
    when i use the bluetooth toggle it turns it off okay, but it doesn't turn it on sometimes.
    10-21-11 03:03 PM
    when i use the bluetooth toggle it turns it off okay, but it doesn't turn it on sometimes.
    Is this related to the Bluetooth_Toggle function or a macro you wrote?
    10-21-11 06:00 PM
    To you guys who are using the NFCLauncher:

Appreciate it if you could film when you are using the app and making it available for others to see how you are using the app.
    10-22-11 11:57 AM
    I would do but when using it with shortcut me it only appears for 2 seconds then disappears.

Anything in perticular we can film?

As a point, I am using the ncflauncher bluetooth on/off macro and its working ok.

10-22-11 12:07 PM
426 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD