The version of NFCLauncher I have is the one that's publicly available, 1.2.0.1
    10-17-11 08:34 AM
    The version of NFCLauncher I have is the one that's publicly available, 1.2.0.1
    You can update it from within the app itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 08:35 AM
    You can update it from within the app itself.

I don't see an update option in my version of the app... I have the latest public version available from the Mobihand app store.
    10-17-11 08:40 AM
    Ok, I've added the Null macro to SCM and modified the tag in NFCLauncher, but it's still not activating the proper macro I'm trying to import. I have version 5.9.2.0 beta, do I need 5.9.2.1?
    I grabbed NFCLauncher 1.2.0.1 from mobihand and am running ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.2.1_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440 and it's working fine for me. I'm on my way home from work right now, but I'll pm you screenshots of my setup. I'll downgrade my SCM when I get home also and test

dimm0k likes this.
    10-17-11 09:12 AM
    Is it possible to pass two parameters to SCM from NFCLauncher to launch two shortcuts or some how call SCM twice without creating a new shortcut to do two actions? Want to be able to toggle wi-fi and at the same time change the sound profile to vibrate...
    Juggalo20 is on the right path to find a solution for this using macros.

Howevern another solution is to use CascadedShortcuts function in ShortcutMe:

Let's assume you have a shortcut in SCM with shortcut keys TWF (toggle Wifi) and a shortcut for profile setting with shortcut keys PRO.

Now create a 3rd shortcut like this:
    AppName: CascadedShortcuts
    Parameters: TWF;PRO;
    Shortcut Keys: TWP

Now set NFCLauncher to launch ShortcutMe with parameter TWP (the cascaded shortcut).

Tapping a nfc tag will now run those 2 shortcuts you wanted to run.
    TomCanuck and dimm0k like this.
    10-17-11 09:44 AM
    Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but will ShortcutMe and NFCLauncher be a part of the free apps offer from App World? I am expecting my NFC tags in the mail any day now and did not want to download the app until I actually received the tags.
    10-17-11 09:53 AM
    Juggalo20 is on the right path to find a solution for this using macros.

Howevern another solution is to use CascadedShortcuts function in ShortcutMe:

Let's assume you have a shortcut in SCM with shortcut keys TWF (toggle Wifi) and a shortcut for profile setting with shortcut keys PRO.

Now create a 3rd shortcut like this:
    AppName: CascadedShortcuts
    Parameters: TWF;PRO;
    Shortcut Keys: TWP

Now set NFCLauncher to launch ShortcutMe with parameter TWP (the cascaded shortcut).

Tapping a nfc tag will now run those 2 shortcuts you wanted to run.
    Thanks Vijik. Originally this was the way I was going to do it, however this would have created another shortcut in SCM whereas the suggestion Juggalo20 offered is done all within NFCLauncher. Do you know if I need the latest beta of NFCLauncher and SCM for Juggalo20's suggestion to work? I have access to the SCM betas, but not NFCLauncher.
    10-17-11 10:02 AM
    Thanks Vijik. Originally this was the way I was going to do it, however this would have created another shortcut in SCM whereas the suggestion Juggalo20 offered is done all within NFCLauncher. Do you know if I need the latest beta of NFCLauncher and SCM for Juggalo20's suggestion to work? I have access to the SCM betas, but not NFCLauncher.
    I think NFCLaucher is the same version on the beta link as the MobiHand. Alternatively, if you want it purely done in NFCLauncher, you could just write out the actual macros within NFCLauncher, and just use the ^NUL scm shortcut as the parameter.

I downgraded my SCM to 5.9.2.0 and it's still all good on my end :/ can't for the life of me figure out why not for you.
    10-17-11 10:09 AM
    Ok, so I uncovered a two things here... Still trying to get Juggalo20's suggestion to work I removed the NFC tag to start from scratch and this time when I tapped my device to the sticker I get a message "No macro found in 6". Any clue what this means?

Also with version 1.2.0.1 when you first go into NFCLauncher you see above the "Edit Selected Card" a "Launches" section that tells you the details of the tag. For me it's "ShortcutMe_Touch,TW" telling me that it's going to launch the TW shortcut from SCM. If I go to view any other tag the details don't show properly and the same goes for the first tag if I move back to it. Instead it shows up as "ShortcutMe_Touch" leaving out the ",TW".
    10-17-11 11:29 AM
    Ok, so I uncovered a two things here... Still trying to get Juggalo20's suggestion to work I removed the NFC tag to start from scratch and this time when I tapped my device to the sticker I get a message "No macro found in 6". Any clue what this means?

Also with version 1.2.0.1 when you first go into NFCLauncher you see above the "Edit Selected Card" a "Launches" section that tells you the details of the tag. For me it's "ShortcutMe_Touch,TW" telling me that it's going to launch the TW shortcut from SCM. If I go to view any other tag the details don't show properly and the same goes for the first tag if I move back to it. Instead it shows up as "ShortcutMe_Touch" leaving out the ",TW".
    Well I know how to get an error like "no macro found in ...". I got that from improperly using ImportMacro, trying to import something that had no macros in it.. :\ dunno how you managed that with a "new" (to the app) tag though lol

dimm0k likes this.
    10-17-11 12:13 PM
    Ok, so here's another interesting tidbit... I have a shortcut in SCM as follows:

App Name: Options
    Shortcut Keys: AAM
    Macros:
    NavMoveDown4;
    ENTERKey;
    NavMoveDown10;
    ENTERKey;

Basically launches the 'Application Management' in Options. If I then do the following in NFCLauncher:

Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter: ^NUL
    PostMacros: ImportMacroAAM

and then tap the sticker, it looks like it never launches Options and it misses the "NavMoveDown4;" because whatever the cursor is on gets activated with the EnterKey; and then the NavMoveDown10; followed by ENTERKey;. I then get a message saying "Error recognizing macro: M"
    10-17-11 01:00 PM
    Ok, so here's another interesting tidbit... I have a shortcut in SCM as follows:

Macros:
    NavMoveDown4;
    ENTERKey;
    NavMoveDown10;
    ENTERKey;

Basically launches the 'Application Management' in Options. If I then do the following in NFCLauncher:

Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter: ^NUL
    PostMacros: ImportMacroAAM

and then tap the sticker, it looks like it never launches Options and it misses the "NavMoveDown4;" because whatever the cursor is on gets activated with the EnterKey; and then the NavMoveDown10; followed by ENTERKey;. I then get a message saying "Error recognizing macro: M"
    It's best practice tp use some delays in conjunction with a while loop when launching things. Makes sure the macro does not click anything until the app is open. and adding a few small delays after NavClicks is usually good also, like....

Macros:
    While0 !IsAppForeground Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;

NavMoveDown4;
    ENTERKey;
    Delay20;
    NavMoveDown10;
    ENTERKey;
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-17-11 at 07:57 PM.
    dimm0k likes this.
    10-17-11 07:55 PM
    It's best practice tp use some delays in conjunction with a while loop when launching things. Makes sure the macro does not click anything until the app is open. and adding a few small delays after NavClicks is usually good also, like....

Macros:
    While0 !IsAppForeground Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;

NavMoveDown4;
    ENTERKey;
    Delay20;
    NavMoveDown10;
    ENTERKey;
    Don't have the specific tag on me to test, but the Delays and the While loop does make sense! I'll check this out as soon as I get into work tomorrow. I also looked over your posts earlier and noticed that your example of the RPV shortcut was actually a macro, while mine was simply using Profile_Selector as the "App Name". Most likely the cause of why my Pre/Post in NFCLauncher were not working properly with "ImportMacro...". I guess I was getting things a little confused with SCM and NFCLauncher.

Your RPV's "App Name" is defined as a macro in SCM, while mine was defined with Profile_Selector. Is it correct that when referring to yours, it's referred to as a macro and mine as a shortcut?

Also you inserted a Delay20 after the NavClick in my AAM "macro?". Is 20 just enough of a delay to not cause a noticeable delay while still being enough to handle cases like this or is it a very generous one?
    10-17-11 11:21 PM
    Don't have the specific tag on me to test, but the Delays and the While loop does make sense! I'll check this out as soon as I get into work tomorrow. I also looked over your posts earlier and noticed that your example of the RPV shortcut was actually a macro, while mine was simply using Profile_Selector as the "App Name". Most likely the cause of why my Pre/Post in NFCLauncher were not working properly with "ImportMacro...". I guess I was getting things a little confused with SCM and NFCLauncher.

Your RPV's "App Name" is defined as a macro in SCM, while mine was defined with Profile_Selector. Is it correct that when referring to yours, it's referred to as a macro and mine as a shortcut?

Also you inserted a Delay20 after the NavClick in my AAM "macro?". Is 20 just enough of a delay to not cause a noticeable delay while still being enough to handle cases like this or is it a very generous one?
    Correct, RPV was meant to be a macro in SCM. Delay20 should be fine, but I'd say increase by 10 until it works flawlessly for you though, it's miliseconds eh. So I'd guess everyone's phone is going to be a tad different depending on what all the user has running in the background and what they're all doing at the time.

10-17-11 11:27 PM
    Juggalo20, many thanks to you! Figured things out with how SCM works and have gotten NFCLauncher to do what I want it to do!
    10-18-11 11:56 AM
    Juggalo20, many thanks to you! Figured things out with how SCM works and have gotten NFCLauncher to do what I want it to do!
    glad to hear it sorry I wasn't more clear in the first place though

10-18-11 11:58 AM
    It's best practice tp use some delays in conjunction with a while loop when launching things.
    Is this also true when doing something like:

Launch Radio_Toggle;

glad to hear it sorry I wasn't more clear in the first place though
    No need to be! I think I was just confused in the terms used for shortcuts and macros thinking they were interchangeable rather than being mutually exclusive.
    10-18-11 01:24 PM
    Is this also true when doing something like:

Launch Radio_Toggle;
    Nope, that while loop I posted is really just for launching apps. Like Options, Messages, net_rim_bb_clock, etc.
    Functions like Radio_Toggle, BlueTooth_Toggle, Radio_Toggle2, BedsideMode_Toggle all take care of themselves

10-18-11 01:37 PM
    Nope, that while loop I posted is really just for launching apps. Like Options, Messages, net_rim_bb_clock, etc.
    Functions like Radio_Toggle, BlueTooth_Toggle, Radio_Toggle2, BedsideMode_Toggle all take care of themselves

Ahh, thanks for the clarification between apps and functions. Programming memories are slowly coming back to me!

10-18-11 03:30 PM
    Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but will ShortcutMe and NFCLauncher be a part of the free apps offer from App World? I am expecting my NFC tags in the mail any day now and did not want to download the app until I actually received the tags.
    No, ShortcutMe and NFCLauncher will not be part of the $100 free app program.

Hopefully your tags are the correct type (Mifare Ultralight) and not the Mifare Classic tag type.
    bbqkid8 likes this.
    10-18-11 10:20 PM
    I bought 10 mifare cards, amazing setup using nfc launcher and shortcut me. Already got one
    For bedside mode, wireless on/off as I walk in. And bluetooth on/off in the car.

I need to get some sticky tags though since I have the full size cards.

TomCanuck likes this.
    10-19-11 02:44 AM
    I bought 10 mifare cards, amazing setup using nfc launcher and shortcut me. Already got one
    For bedside mode, wireless on/off as I walk in. And bluetooth on/off in the car.

I need to get some sticky tags though since I have the full size cards.

Nice ;D 10's enough for you? :P I got 30 and still came up short, too many ShortcutMe macros haha.

If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get your tags from? Buynfctags.com found this thread and have sinced changed their shipping method to Canada so I can't order from there anymore.
    10-19-11 02:52 AM
    Well I still haven't worked throught the macro's yet. Will wait and see.

I bought them from www. rfidshop.com online.

Worth a look.

TomCanuck likes this.
    10-19-11 02:55 AM
    Is it possible to have NFCLauncher unlock a device that's protected with a password? Usually the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is reach for my BB and it's a bit difficult to punch in the right letters when you're half awake.
    10-20-11 09:46 AM
    Nice ;D 10's enough for you? :P I got 30 and still came up short, too many ShortcutMe macros haha.

If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get your tags from? Buynfctags.com found this thread and have sinced changed their shipping method to Canada so I can't order from there anymore.
    you can... they use fedex ground now so it's a bit cheaper ($13.94).. i guess they heard me complain on this thread or were in the middle of getting it done..
    10-20-11 11:10 AM
426 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD