Switched to WiFi_Toggle2 and it still does it... looks like it opens up 'Manage Connections' and then unchecks all 3. Funny this is, when I tap the sticker again it only turns on Wi-Fi and leaves the others alone!

Sorry, I think I mis-worded... not a macro, but my shortcut is simply calling the Wi-Fi_Toggle app with nothing in the macros section. As for the "Launch" for the tag it's calling "ShortcutMe_Touch" with the parameter TW, which is shortcut keys I assigned for the shortcut in SCM to toggle Wi-Fi.
    I cannot replicate this using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.1.4, NFCLauncher 1.2.0.1 on my 9900/7.0.0.440. Tested using the following setup and it works flawless :/

ShortcutMe_Touch:
    App Name: WiFi_Toggle
    Shortcut Keys: TW
    Parameter: <blank>
    Alternative Launchings: None
    Macros: <empty>

NFCLauncher:
    Card Display Name: ShortcutMe_Touch
    PreMacros: <empty>
    Parameter: TW
    PostMacros: <empty>
    10-15-11 07:22 PM
    I cannot replicate this using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.1.4, NFCLauncher 1.2.0.1 on my 9900/7.0.0.440. Tested using the following setup and it works flawless :/

ShortcutMe_Touch:
    App Name: WiFi_Toggle
    Shortcut Keys: TW
    Parameter: <blank>
    Alternative Launchings: None
    Macros: <empty>

NFCLauncher:
    Card Display Name: ShortcutMe_Touch
    PreMacros: <empty>
    Parameter: TW
    PostMacros: <empty>
    That's odd! My definitions are exactly what you have, yet when I tap the NFC sticker I see "Manage Connections" launched and the first 3 options are TOGGLED! - radio, wi-fi, BT. Only difference between you and me is I have a 9930 using .362. Definitions and app versions are the same!
    10-15-11 07:36 PM
    O.K. I ordered and got my NFC tags and would love to set-them up. Is there a youtube video that shows me how to do it?
    I don't have ShortcutMe but would be happy to get it. My goal is to get in my car and:
    1. turn off wifi
    2. turn on bluetooth
    3. e-mail my wife I'm leaving the office
    4. launch drivesafe.ly

Is this reasonably doable for a guy with no experience but willing to learn?
    10-15-11 07:36 PM
    thank you for all of the examples..looking at examples is a great way to learn and hopefully we'll soon be able to branch off and write some of our own, haha..

if someone could, at their earliest convenience, write one up for me that will toggle bluetooth and wifi to on/off regardless of their current status, i would greatly appreciate it..

meaning that if if wifi is ON and bluetooth is OFF, i could set the NFC tag to turn wifi OFF and bluetooth ON simultaneously and vice-versa..is this possible?
    There's a few ways to accomplish this. We could do just one now, or we could do 3. I'm going to give you 3, because 2 of them will be recycle-able into other macros you write in the future

This first one by it's self will toggle Bluetooth. This macro doesn't care if bluetooth is on or off, it will toggle it anyways

App Name Macro
    Shortcut Keys: BTT
    Macros:
    Launch Manage Connections;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Manage Connections;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;

This next one will always toggle wifi, doesn't matter if wifi is on or off it will still toggle

App Name: Toggling Macro
    Shortxcut Keys: TWI
    Macros:
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;

Now let's write one that imports the two above. This also shows how to import existing macros into new ones

App Name: Macro
    Shortcut Keys: TBW
    Macros:
    ImportMacroBTT;
    ImportMacroTWI;

Feel free to change BTT or TWI shortcut keys, just don't forget to change them in the TBW macros area
    This was written and tested with. ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.1.4_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 07:40 PM
    O.K. I ordered and got my NFC tags and would love to set-them up. Is there a youtube video that shows me how to do it?
    I don't have ShortcutMe but would be happy to get it. My goal is to get in my car and:
    1. turn off wifi
    2. turn on bluetooth
    3. e-mail my wife I'm leaving the office
    4. launch drivesafe.ly

Is this reasonably doable for a guy with no experience but willing to learn?
    To do all of that with just a single tag you would indeed need ShortcutMe. As for reasonably do-able, if you've got the will to learn, i truely believe that practice and some help from the forums you'll be banging out macros to do almost anything you please relatively soon. You can check the turn around time throughout the ShortcutMe threads and usually questions get answered or help provided pretty quick (this is an observation, not a promise)

As for a video that shows how to set it up, not that I am aware of. But it's really just a 3 or so step process to add your basic things to setup. Open NFCLauncher, tap your phone to a new tag, you'll be prompted asking if you wish to configure it. Choosing yes will bring you to the setup page where you choose what you want the tag to launch
    10-15-11 07:46 PM
    That's odd! My definitions are exactly what you have, yet when I tap the NFC sticker I see "Manage Connections" launched and the first 3 options are TOGGLED! - radio, wi-fi, BT. Only difference between you and me is I have a 9930 using .362. Definitions and app versions are the same!
    Perhaps writing a macro to do this would be a solution for you it's not overly complicated and I'd say a good starting point for someone who's new to macros (Forgive me if i'm wrong, but you are new to ShortcutMe yeah? I tend to skip over names more often than not). At least you'll get some practice until Vijik gets a chance to check in on this thread

Edit #1
    I'll write it for you if you'd prefer an example
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-15-11 at 07:56 PM.
    10-15-11 07:52 PM
    There's a few ways to accomplish this. We could do just one now, or we could do 3. I'm going to give you 3, because 2 of them will be recycle-able into other macros you write in the future

This first one by it's self will toggle Bluetooth. This macro doesn't care if bluetooth is on or off, it will toggle it anyways

App Name Macro
    Shortcut Keys: BTT
    Macros:
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;

This next one will always toggle wifi, doesn't matter if wifi is on or off it will still toggle

App Name: Toggling Macro
    Shortxcut Keys: TWI
    Macros:
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;

Now let's write one that imports the two above. This also shows how to import existing macros into new ones

Shortcut Keys: TBW
    Macros:
    ImportMacroBTT;
    ImportMacroTWI;

Feel free to change BTT or TWI shortcut keys, just don't forget to change them in the TBW macros area
    This was written and tested with. ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.1.4_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

this is great, thanks..I assigned the last one to a card using NFCLauncher..

it works; however, when only BT is on - and i touch the card (to shut bluetooth OFF and wifi back ON) it doesnt work as intended..it will shut bt off, but the ManageConnections screen seems to stay white/lag for an extra moment or so and doesnt get the chance to turn wifi back on i guess..

would a longer delay help this?
    10-15-11 08:45 PM
    this is great, thanks..I assigned the last one to a card using NFCLauncher..

it works; however, when only BT is on - and i touch the card (to shut bluetooth OFF and wifi back ON) it doesnt work as intended..it will shut bt off, but the ManageConnections screen seems to stay white/lag for an extra moment or so and doesnt get the chance to turn wifi back on i guess..

would a longer delay help this?
    Yeah tinkering with delays might help. Try adding a delay in the TBW macro between the two ImportMacro commands

ImportMacroBTT;
    Delay100;
    ImportMacroTWI;

10-15-11 09:05 PM
    Perhaps writing a macro to do this would be a solution for you it's not overly complicated and I'd say a good starting point for someone who's new to macros (Forgive me if i'm wrong, but you are new to ShortcutMe yeah? I tend to skip over names more often than not). At least you'll get some practice until Vijik gets a chance to check in on this thread

Edit #1
    I'll write it for you if you'd prefer an example
    Thanks for your assistance. I am new to SCM and NFCLauncher, but I have to say the learning curve is fairly easy. I was thinking of writing a macro to do all this, but decided to remove the card from NFCLauncher and start again. Not sure what might have caused the foul up previously, but starting again corrected the issue and it's working fine now!
    10-15-11 09:15 PM
    Thanks for your assistance. I am new to SCM and NFCLauncher, but I have to say the learning curve is fairly easy. I was thinking of writing a macro to do all this, but decided to remove the card from NFCLauncher and start again. Not sure what might have caused the foul up previously, but starting again corrected the issue and it's working fine now!
    Very glad to hear it. Two of the most frustrating things for me are things that work for others but not for me, and things that work for me but not for others haha

10-15-11 09:19 PM
    I will start playing with it but you guys should have a few preset options, most comon ones it helps us novices

One small problem, this last one is not turning wifi off

though i can't off the top of my head see any reason it shouldnt, you can try adding a delay, i added it in blue so you can spot it easier

Launch Options;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop3;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    Delay100;
    If0 IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    Launch Wifi_Off;
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;

if that still doesn't work for you, we can remove the If0 altogether like this

Launch Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop3;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    Delay100;
    Launch Wifi_Off;
    10-15-11 10:24 PM
    though i can't off the top of my head see any reason it shouldnt, you can try adding a delay, i added it in blue so you can spot it easier

Launch Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop3;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    Delay100;
    If0 IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    Launch Wifi_Off;
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;

if that still doesn't work for you, we can remove the If0 altogether like this

Launch Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop3;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    Delay100;
    Launch Wifi_Off;
    I went directly for the second option and it works perfectly thank you very much!!!!!

10-16-11 03:02 AM
    I went directly for the second option and it works perfectly thank you very much!!!!!

You're quite welcome. Glad it's working for you

10-16-11 03:09 AM
    Lol, I'm getting shouted at by my wife for sticking nfc tags around the house and my 4 year old girl is telling me off for putting 2 on my steering wheel:
    -Daddy, what are those?
    -they're for daddy's phone
    -i don't like them
    -but I need them
    -take them off
    -where do you want me to stick them?
    -somewhere I can't see them

Lol

Vijik and TomCanuck like this.
    10-16-11 12:05 PM
    Lol, I'm getting shouted at by my wife for sticking nfc tags around the house and my 4 year old girl is telling me off for putting 2 on my steering wheel:
    -Daddy, what are those?
    -i don't like them
    -but I need them
    -take them off

Lol

Haha poor guy. What size did you get? Hope it wasn't the full business card size or I'm going to have to side with your wife and daughter :P
    Vijik likes this.
    10-16-11 12:18 PM
    -Daddy, what are those?
    -i don't like them
    -but I need them
    -take them off

Lol

LOL.
    Very funny.
    10-16-11 12:20 PM
    Haha poor guy. What size did you get? Hope it wasn't the full business card size or I'm going to have to side with your wife and daughter :P
    Lol, no, they're round and the size of a big coin, not too big.

I have one by my bed to put it in bedside mode, one on the inside of my front door for turning wifi off and signal from 2G to 3G&2G (i was made to move it there lol) one on the outside of my front door to turn wifi on and signal to 2G and the last to on my steering wheel, one for location on/off and bluetooth on/off

Sorted

NFC is the future and not only I have these on nfc launcher but I can launch the at any time with the shortcuts. I just made my 9900 even more efficient then it already was.

Thanks guys, amazing support!!!!!!!
    TomCanuck likes this.
    10-16-11 12:32 PM
    Is it possible to pass two parameters to SCM from NFCLauncher to launch two shortcuts or some how call SCM twice without creating a new shortcut to do two actions? Want to be able to toggle wi-fi and at the same time change the sound profile to vibrate...
    10-16-11 04:25 PM
    Is it possible to pass two parameters to SCM from NFCLauncher to launch two shortcuts or some how call SCM twice without creating a new shortcut to do two actions? Want to be able to toggle wi-fi and at the same time change the sound profile to vibrate...
    You'll need Shortcutme
    10-16-11 07:00 PM
    You'll need Shortcutme
    I do have ShortcutMe, which is what I was referring to as SCM... Guess I'll have to create another shortcut to combine the two...

10-16-11 07:16 PM
    I do have ShortcutMe, which is what I was referring to as SCM... Guess I'll have to create another shortcut to combine the two...

No you don't. heck you technically dont need to pass any parameters to SCM. just choose ShortcutMe_touch, then put your macros in PreMacros or PostMacros. You can also import macros from other ShortcutMe shortcuts by using

ImportMacroShortcutKeys

for example, if you have a macro written to change your ringer profile to vibrate only

Shortcut Keys: RPV
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *keyv;
    navclick

then you could import that into any other macro just by doing

ImportMacroRPV
    dimm0k likes this.
    10-16-11 07:33 PM
    No you don't. heck you technically dont need to pass any parameters to SCM. just choose ShortcutMe_touch, then put your macros in PreMacros or PostMacros. You can also import macros from other ShortcutMe shortcuts by using

ImportMacroShortcutKeys

for example, if you have a macro written to change your ringer profile to vibrate only

Shortcut Keys: RPV
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *keyv;
    navclick

then you could import that into any other macro just by doing

ImportMacroRPV
    Hrmm, I can't seem to get the Pre and Post section of NFCLauncher to work... say I wanted to run the RPV macro in either of the Pre/Post, how would I do that? I have ShortcutMe_touch as the app and for Pre I've tried RPV and ImportMacroRPV, but neither gets RPV to run.
    10-16-11 10:36 PM
    Hrmm, I can't seem to get the Pre and Post section of NFCLauncher to work... say I wanted to run the RPV macro in either of the Pre/Post, how would I do that? I have ShortcutMe_touch as the app and for Pre I've tried RPV and ImportMacroRPV, but neither gets RPV to run.
    Sorry, that's kinda my bad, I just wildly assumed ImportMacro would work like I said. Just tested myself and my earlier post is incorrect (doesn't work)... So let's go back to something that does shall we (I've tested). Posted this long ago.

Let's create a ShortcutMe macro that does nothing, so we can always place it in the parameter field (recyclable)

Shortcut Name: Null
    Shortcut Keys: ^NUL
    Macros:
    Delay1

Now you'll have a parameter to enter for any macro that you only want accessable via NFC tag. Now ImportMacro will work. Soooo... In NFCLauncher,

Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter: ^NUL
    PostMacros:
    ImportMacroRPV

And that should work. Sorry for leading you astray before.

Edit #1
    Forgot to mention, using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.2.1_OS7_T (beta) on 9900/7.0.0.440
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-16-11 at 11:24 PM. Reason: added version and device info
    dimm0k likes this.
    10-16-11 10:50 PM
    Sorry, that's kinda my bad, I just wildly assumed ImportMacro would work like I said. Just tested myself and my earlier post is incorrect (doesn't work)... So let's go back to something that does shall we (I've tested). Posted this long ago.

Let's create a ShortcutMe macro that does nothing, so we can always place it in the parameter field (recyclable)

Shortcut Name: Null
    Shortcut Keys: ^NUL
    Macros:
    Delay1

Now you'll have a parameter to enter for any macro that you only want accessable via NFC tag. Now ImportMacro will work. Soooo... In NFCLauncher,

Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter: ^NUL
    PostMacros:
    ImportMacroRPV

And that should work. Sorry for leading you astray before.

Edit #1
    Forgot to mention, using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.2.1_OS7_T (beta) on 9900/7.0.0.440
    Ok, I've added the Null macro to SCM and modified the tag in NFCLauncher, but it's still not activating the proper macro I'm trying to import. I have version 5.9.2.0 beta, do I need 5.9.2.1?
    10-17-11 08:23 AM
    Ok, I've added the Null macro to SCM and modified the tag in NFCLauncher, but it's still not activating the proper macro I'm trying to import. I have version 5.9.2.0 beta, do I need 5.9.2.1?
    Shouldn't need to no, what version of NFCLauncher do you have? I white screened of death last night, can't remember exactly what version I had :\ it was the latest one though I know that much 1.2.0.1 I think

10-17-11 08:32 AM
426 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD