would these tags work?

it says they are 64byte... which i think is right...

cause the buynfctags are 64bit(512bytes), which doesnt make sense!! 64 bits is only 8 bytes

Smartcard Focus :: Shop :: NFC sticker - 64 byte, 38mm circular
    Yes. They are fine (Mifare Ultralight, NFC Forum Tag Type 2) and will work with BB OS (and therefore NFCLauncher).

But they are a bit expensive, and still a US company, isn't it?
    10-14-11 08:12 PM
    @belfastdispatcher,

Juggalo20 did report a bug related to some changes that didn't take effect until a device reboot. I am writing a new version that has a fix for that, and also I am adding many new NFCL_xxxxx functions.

Do you have beta link for NFCLauncher?

Juggalo20, I am porting your post (in this thread) about the bug in the beta (Version 1.2.0.0) to the following thread for the beta link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-tag-658733/

Please use the thread above for beta testing of the unreleased NFCLauncher.
    10-14-11 08:38 PM
    Me happy, I now have a "car mode" tag and a bedside mode tag
    3 more tags to go
    The new beta version (1.2.0.1) will have a function called NFCL_BedsideMode.
    That means you don't need a macro shortcut for that.

I assume since you now have made those two macro shortcuts, you are not very far from becoming a macro master!
    10-14-11 08:41 PM
    @belfastdispatcher,

Juggalo20 did report a bug related to some changes that didn't take effect until a device reboot. I am writing a new version that has a fix for that, and also I am adding many new NFCL_xxxxx functions.

Juggalo20, I am porting your post (in this thread) about the bug in the beta (Version 1.2.0.0) to the following thread for the beta link:

Between CrackBerry wiping my subscriptions when they did the forum upgrade and the fact I never really browse the rest of the forums as usual I'm late to the party heh, subscribed to that thread now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 08:48 PM
    Between CrackBerry wiping my subscriptions when they did the forum upgrade and the fact I never really browse the rest of the forums as usual I'm late to the party heh, subscribed to that thread now
    It happens to me too. Sometimes I don't get notification about new posts I am subscribed for.

Anyways, if you like that thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-tag-658733/) give the thread a 5 star so that at least one of the cheaters get his unjust vote cancelled.
    10-14-11 08:55 PM
    It happens to me too. Sometimes I don't get notification about new posts I am subscribed for.

Anyways, if you like that thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-tag-658733/) give the thread a 5 star so that at least one of the cheaters get his unjust vote cancelled.
    Already done. It's obvious some lamer(s) have been screwing with it. Thread is full of nothing but excitement and happiness yet low rating....
    10-14-11 08:57 PM
    Already done. It's obvious some lamer(s) have been screwing with it. Thread is full of nothing but excitement and happiness yet low rating....
    This is something that moderators should have taken care of.

Anyway, can you repost this post to that thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6750434

Thanks.

I will soon have a new version, 1.2.0.1, ready on the beta link
    10-14-11 09:09 PM
    For those of you who have NFCLauncher:

Check this post about the new version of NFCLauncher:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post6764267
    10-15-11 12:40 AM
    @belfastdispatcher,

Wait, I'm not so sure it was a bug maybe because I was taping the tag too soon, you see, after I taped the tag for location and bluetooth to come on, after about 10 seconds I would get a pop up telling me it can't connect to my VM-605 car handsfree and I think when I taped it to turn it off I did it before that pop up showed up.

10-15-11 01:22 AM
    The new beta version (1.2.0.1) will have a function called NFCL_BedsideMode.
    That means you don't need a macro shortcut for that.

I assume since you now have made those two macro shortcuts, you are not very far from becoming a macro master!
    Nope lol, I checked for an uograde from within the app, then upgraded and the NFCL_BedsideMode setting is there

10-15-11 01:25 AM
    He he, after all that I decided to keep them separate in the car so I can only turn them on when I need them. Thanks for the help anyway.

10-15-11 02:30 AM
    Hi guys

Please can someone help me I'm new to this nfc launcher and shortcutme. I've got a 9900 and received my tags today in the post.

I've managed to setup on on my bedside table to turn into bedside mode (used shortcutme toggle) but I would also like to get it to turn the profile onto silent, using the same tag, is this possible?

Also in the same way I'd like the one in my car to switch on bluetooth and start my music

Can someone please help me as I'm getting rather confused!

Thanks Sam
    10-15-11 04:44 AM
    Hi guys

Please can someone help me I'm new to this nfc launcher and shortcutme. I've got a 9900 and received my tags today in the post.

I've managed to setup on on my bedside table to turn into bedside mode (used shortcutme toggle) but I would also like to get it to turn the profile onto silent, using the same tag, is this possible?

Also in the same way I'd like the one in my car to switch on bluetooth and start my music

Can someone please help me as I'm getting rather confused!

Thanks Sam
    You don't need to do that, you can already set the bedside mode to change profiles/turn radio off etc. Click on the clock icon, press menu/select options, here you can set how bedside mode behaves.

10-15-11 06:30 AM
    I must say, I am loving this tags thing, one by my bed for bedside mode, one by my front door to turn wifi on and two on my steering wheel, one for bluetooth and one for turning location setting on.

Love it!!!

10-15-11 06:32 AM
    You don't need to do that, you can already set the bedside mode to change profiles/turn radio off etc. Click on the clock icon, press menu/select options, here you can set how bedside mode behaves.

Doesn't need to no. But might as well take this oppertunity to show an example of how to use ShortcutMe macro with NFCLauncher

First, let's create a ShortcutMe macro

Open Shortcutme, click Add Shortcut. For the example I filled in the Shortcut Name and shortcut keys. These can be changed but more on that at the end of the post. This setup was done on ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.1.4_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440 with NFCLauncher 1.2.0.1 if you get an error it could be your version of ShortcutMe, so just report any errors and we'll fix them up.

Shortcut Name: Bedside and Silent
    Shortcut Keys: BMS
    App Name: Macro
    Macros:
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *Keys;
    NavClick;
    Launch net_rim_bb_clock;
    While0 !IsAppForeground net_rim_bb_clock;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuKey;
    Delay50;
    *Keyb;
    NavClick;

Now on to NFCLauncher, open up the config for a tag and choose
    Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter: BMS

And you're done. Touching the tag should launch the ShortcutMe macro of BMS. I chose BMS for B(edside)M(ode)S(ilent) but feel free to use whatever shortcut keys you want. Just remember to use the same Keys for the shortcut as those used in Parameter in NFCLauncher.

Don't be shy reporting any issues or questions

Edit #1
    I typoed in the macro, fixed it now though
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-15-11 at 07:04 AM.
    10-15-11 06:45 AM
    Oh, can I have one

One to turn wifi on and signal from 3g&2g and 2G

10-15-11 07:29 AM
    Oh, can I have one

One to turn wifi on and signal from 3g&2g and 2G

Written on. ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.1.4_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

Launch Options;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    If0 !IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    Launch Wifi_On;
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;

That should do it for you.

10-15-11 07:46 AM
    Written on. ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.1.4_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

Launch Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    If0 !IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    Launch Wifi_On;
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;

That should do it for you.

Excellent, that's on my front door now

I know I'm pushing it here but can I have one reversed? As in turn wifi off and signal back to 3g&2g for the inside of my front door before I leave the house and that would be my 5th tag

Many thanks!!!!!!!!

10-15-11 12:40 PM
    Excellent, that's on my front door now

I know I'm pushing it here but can I have one reversed? As in turn wifi off and signal back to 3g&2g for the inside of my front door before I leave the house and that would be my 5th tag

Many thanks!!!!!!!!

I do strongly encourage you to (carefully) toy around writing macros yourself, using Prompt, Suspend and Stop to make sure it's doing what you want before comitting to final versions. At least until you get the hang of it but here's the reverse. It was written on ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.1.4_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

Launch Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop3;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    If0 IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    Launch Wifi_Off;
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;

10-15-11 12:46 PM
    I do strongly encourage you to (carefully) toy around writing macros yourself, using Prompt, Suspend and Stop to make sure it's doing what you want before comitting to final versions. At least until you get the hang of it but here's the reverse. It was written on ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.1.4_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

Launch Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop3;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    EscKey;
    If0 IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    Launch Wifi_Off;
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;

I will start playing with it but you guys should have a few preset options, most comon ones it helps us novices

One small problem, this last one is not turning wifi off

10-15-11 01:26 PM
    thank you for all of the examples..looking at examples is a great way to learn and hopefully we'll soon be able to branch off and write some of our own, haha..

if someone could, at their earliest convenience, write one up for me that will toggle bluetooth and wifi to on/off regardless of their current status, i would greatly appreciate it..

meaning that if if wifi is ON and bluetooth is OFF, i could set the NFC tag to turn wifi OFF and bluetooth ON simultaneously and vice-versa..is this possible?
    10-15-11 03:56 PM
    So I finally got my NFC stickers and the first one I'm trying to create is one that toggles Wi-Fi. I have a macro in SCM that simply toggles Wi-Fi and it behaves the way it should in SCM alone, however when I use NFCLauncher to call this macro it turns off radio, Wi-Fi, and BT when it should leave radio and BT alone. Anyone else running into this?
    10-15-11 07:01 PM
    So I finally got my NFC stickers and the first one I'm trying to create is one that toggles Wi-Fi. I have a macro in SCM that simply toggles Wi-Fi and it behaves the way it should in SCM alone, however when I use NFCLauncher to call this macro it turns off radio, Wi-Fi, and BT when it should leave radio and BT alone. Anyone else running into this?
    Try using the "WiFi_Toggle2" app in the SCM macro -- it works for me.

 BlackBerry� Bold� 9930 (aka Touch), OS v7.0.0.362 (rel 1702), Platform 5.0.0.552, VZW 

10-15-11 07:06 PM
    I will start playing with it but you guys should have a few preset options, most comon ones it helps us novices

One small problem, this last one is not turning wifi off

I'll look into this in a bit. I just tested it and it works on my phone. I just woke up though so no macro-ing for me until i'm more awake. Also there are plenty of built in presets if you look at the list of NFCL_* on the launch drop down menu on the Set Up page

thank you for all of the examples..looking at examples is a great way to learn and hopefully we'll soon be able to branch off and write some of our own, haha..

if someone could, at their earliest convenience, write one up for me that will toggle bluetooth and wifi to on/off regardless of their current status, i would greatly appreciate it..

meaning that if if wifi is ON and bluetooth is OFF, i could set the NFC tag to turn wifi OFF and bluetooth ON simultaneously and vice-versa..is this possible?
    I'll have this done soon, just sipping my morning coffee first,

what is your macro? and what do you have as "Launch" in the nfc setup page for the tag in question?
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-15-11 at 07:09 PM.
    10-15-11 07:06 PM
    Try using the "WiFi_Toggle2" app in the SCM macro -- it works for me.

 BlackBerry� Bold� 9930 (aka Touch), OS v7.0.0.362 (rel 1702), Platform 5.0.0.552, VZW 

Switched to WiFi_Toggle2 and it still does it... looks like it opens up 'Manage Connections' and then unchecks all 3. Funny this is, when I tap the sticker again it only turns on Wi-Fi and leaves the others alone!

what is your macro? and what do you have as "Launch" in the nfc setup page for the tag in question?
    Sorry, I think I mis-worded... not a macro, but my shortcut is simply calling the Wi-Fi_Toggle app with nothing in the macros section. As for the "Launch" for the tag it's calling "ShortcutMe_Touch" with the parameter TW, which is shortcut keys I assigned for the shortcut in SCM to toggle Wi-Fi.
    10-15-11 07:15 PM
426 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD