What is all of this? I just got the Bold and Im excited about all this new stuff going on. Someone please explain quickly what this NFC is best used for? Where to get the tags from? Thanks guys
    Here's what it can do right now (for BlackBerry)

NFCLauncher - YouTube

The future:

http://crackberry.com/rim-unveils-bl...ry-smartphones

http://crackberry.com/near-field-com...-should-i-care

Buying tags:

NFC Sticker - Square - MIFARE Ultralight - Buy NFC Tags

10% off code: H0T38YE2449

EDIT: you'll nead a leaked OS (i'd suggest 7.0.0.353) to have NFC on your VZW 9930.
    10-12-11 10:22 PM
    well, mifare classic cards doesn't work...
    any idea where to get it in Europe? shipping costs from US are extremely high...
    10-14-11 06:31 AM
    well, mifare classic cards doesn't work...
    any idea where to get it in Europe? shipping costs from US are extremely high...
    Anyone from UK, Germany, France on this thread?
    10-14-11 08:41 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Here's what it can do right now (for BlackBerry)

NFCLauncher - YouTube

The future:

RIM unveils BlackBerry Tag-coming soon to BlackBerry Smartphones | CrackBerry.com

Near Field Communication - what is it and why should I care? | CrackBerry.com

Buying tags:

NFC Sticker - Square - MIFARE Ultralight - Buy NFC Tags

10% off code: H0T38YE2449

EDIT: you'll nead a leaked OS (i'd suggest 7.0.0.353) to have NFC on your VZW 9930.

Looking forward to seeing nice applications of this feature in Bold 9900 phones ...
    10-14-11 09:07 AM
    buynfctags.com INCREASED the friggin shipping cost to Canada!!

37.35 for international priority!! it was $26.xx yesterday.. today it went up $10!!

and we have a group buy going on and have about 70 tags to buy and the shipping is like almost $70 bucks!!! CRAZY!

yah they changed to fedex, but still to pay 100% more for shipping is crazy! maybe they can't do much for shipping cause of what fedex charges.. i dunno.. at least offer the Ground option..

i really wish there was another option to get these tags!!

we found tagstand.com and just waiting to see how much it would be

but we might have to bite the bullet with buynfctags .. sigh..
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 10-14-11 at 09:23 AM.
    10-14-11 09:10 AM
    That is not good if the prices going up instead of down.

It is a Canadian company called Smart Card World. They are in BC, Canada.
    A search in google for "Mifare Ultralight" bring this company in the sponsored link area with following title:
    Mifare Ultralight US$0.25 | SmartCardWorld.com

Have you tries to contact them?
    10-14-11 10:36 AM
    That is not good if the prices going up instead of down.

It is a Canadian company called Smart Card World. They are in BC, Canada.
    A search in google for "Mifare Ultralight" bring this company in the sponsored link area with following title:
    Mifare Ultralight US$0.25 | SmartCardWorld.com

Have you tries to contact them?
    i will do that.. they look like more of a mass order type company.

but i will try..

wonder which ones are the anti metal ones.

thanks for the help ; >
    10-14-11 12:20 PM
    would these tags work?

it says they are 64byte... which i think is right...

cause the buynfctags are 64bit(512bytes), which doesnt make sense!! 64 bits is only 8 bytes

Smartcard Focus :: Shop :: NFC sticker - 64 byte, 38mm circular
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 10-14-11 at 12:40 PM.
    10-14-11 12:37 PM
    Ok Vijik, I'm ready to go

Would you mind helping me with setting one up, car mode, I need gps and bluetooth to come on, can I do it with one or do I need two separate tags?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 04:17 PM
    Ok Vijik, I'm ready to go

Would you mind helping me with setting one up, car mode, I need gps and bluetooth to come on, can I do it with one or do I need two separate tags?

do you have ShortcutMe? I ask because with ShortcutMe you can use one tag to do a billion things, but without it a tag can only do one function.
    10-14-11 04:20 PM
    do you have ShortcutMe? I ask because with ShortcutMe you can use one tag to do a billion things, but without it a tag can only do one function.
    Yes I do but I can't say I got my head around it yet.

10-14-11 04:25 PM
    Yes I do but I can't say I got my head around it yet.

ShortcutMe macros do take a little getting used to. Anyways I wrote out something that will do what you want. It will go through options to turn Location Services on (I think that's what you meant by gps?). Then it will check if Bluetooth is on, if not it will prompt you (this is a BB OS API issue, checking if bluetooth is on, while it's off results in an unavoidable prompt) however the way I wrote this it will turn on bluetooth no matter which option you choose in the prompt. It requres two macros though. One to toggle bluetooth which can be imported into any other macro and then this one you want. Goes a lil something like this

Macro to toggle bluetooth, this macro can be imported into any other one.
    Shortcut Name: Toggling Bluetooth
    Shortcut Keys: BTT
    App Name: Macro
    Macros:
    Launch Manage Connections;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Manage Connections;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;

Now here's the one you wanted, it will go through options, turn on Location Services. Then check if Bluetooth is on, if it isn't you will get a prompt. No matter what you choose bluetooth will still be turned on.
    Shortcut Name: GPS And Bluetooth On
    Macros:
    Launch Options;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop6;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    *Keys;
    EscKey;
    If0 IsAppForeground Options;
    Then0;
    EscKey;
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;
    If1 IsBtOn;
    Then1;
    Delay1;
    Else1;
    ImportMacroBTT;
    EndIf1;

This was done pretty quick on my end, so there's no safegaurd in place for if Options was already opened. Please make sure Options isn't open already or this could have some adverse effects. If this is indeed what you wanted I'll expand it and put some safe guards in. This was written using ShortcutMe_Touch. 5.9.1.3_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

10-14-11 05:27 PM
    ShortcutMe macros do take a little getting used to. Anyways I wrote out something that will do what you want. It will go through options to turn Location Services on (I think that's what you meant by gps?). Then it will check if Bluetooth is on, if not it will prompt you (this is a BB OS API issue, checking if bluetooth is on, while it's off results in an unavoidable prompt) however the way I wrote this it will turn on bluetooth no matter which option you choose in the prompt. It requres two macros though. One to toggle bluetooth which can be imported into any other macro and then this one you want. Goes a lil something like this

Macro to toggle bluetooth, this macro can be imported into any other one.
    Shortcut Name: Toggling Bluetooth
    Shortcut Keys: BTT
    Macros:
    Launch Manage Connections;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Manage Connections;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;

Now here's the one you wanted, it will go through options, turn on Location Services. Then check if Bluetooth is on, if it isn't you will get a prompt. No matter what you choose bluetooth will still be turned on.
    Shortcut Name: GPS And Bluetooth On
    Macros:
    Launch Options;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Options;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop6;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    *Keys;
    EscKey;
    If0 IsAppForeground Options;
    Then0;
    EscKey;
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;
    If1 IsBtOn;
    Then1;
    Delay1;
    Else1;
    ImportMacroBTT;
    EndIf1;

This was done pretty quick on my end, so there's no safegaurd in place for if Options was already opened. Please make sure Options isn't open already or this could have some adverse effects. If this is indeed what you wanted I'll expand it and put some safe guards in. This was written using ShortcutMe_Touch. 5.9.1.3_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

Thanks for that but unfortunately it's not working for me, it says "BTT was not found to import from"

Edit- yes, this is what I want thanks

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 10-14-11 at 05:55 PM.
    10-14-11 05:50 PM
    Thanks for that but unfortunately it's not working for me, it says "BTT was not found to import from"

Sorry. Didn't explain well. I included the BTT macro, it must be entered as it's own though. There's two seperate macros in my post. The first is the BTT, the second handles the location services and then calls the BTT one

10-14-11 05:54 PM
    Sorry. Didn't explain well. I included the BTT macro, it must be entered as it's own though. There's two seperate macros in my post. The first is the BTT, the second handles the location services and then calls the BTT one

Aha, ok, I'll give it another go

10-14-11 05:57 PM

Now I'm getting Error recognising macro:*Keys

10-14-11 06:16 PM
    Now I'm getting Error recognising macro:*Keys

That's less of a problem than it sounds that's just an issue of ShortcutMe version. What version do you have? And to fix this problem change *Keys to SpKeys

10-14-11 06:19 PM
    Never mind, I removed the * and it's fine now Brilliant, thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-14-11 06:19 PM
    Never mind, I removed the * and it's fine now Brilliant, thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad removing the * worked, but some cases it won't. SpKey is identical to *Key, while *SpKey is identical to Key. *Key and Key are two different commands, sometimes either will work but it's something to keep in mind.

10-14-11 06:22 PM
    Glad removing the * worked, but some cases it won't. SpKey is identical to *Key, while *SpKey is identical to Key. *Key and Key are two different commands, sometimes either will work but it's something to keep in mind.

Ok, it does work but not every time, sometimes it goes into sound profiles instead, i'm rebooting now then have another go.

10-14-11 06:26 PM
    Ok, it does work but not every time, sometimes it goes into sound profiles instead, i'm rebooting now then have another go.

Interesting, if it keeps happening after reboot then I'll throw some debugging dialogs in and we'll see where the trouble lies and fix it

10-14-11 06:30 PM
    Seems to be working fine after a reboot, I'll leave it at that for tonight, thank you very much!!!!!!

10-14-11 06:31 PM
    Seems to be working fine after a reboot, I'll leave it at that for tonight, thank you very much!!!!!!

My pleasure. Glad it works

10-14-11 06:33 PM
    My pleasure. Glad it works

Me happy, I now have a "car mode" tag and a bedside mode tag
    3 more tags to go
    10-14-11 06:46 PM
    buynfctags.com INCREASED the friggin shipping cost to Canada!!

37.35 for international priority!! it was $26.xx yesterday.. today it went up $10!!

and we have a group buy going on and have about 70 tags to buy and the shipping is like almost $70 bucks!!! CRAZY!

yah they changed to fedex, but still to pay 100% more for shipping is crazy! maybe they can't do much for shipping cause of what fedex charges.. i dunno.. at least offer the Ground option..

i really wish there was another option to get these tags!!

we found tagstand.com and just waiting to see how much it would be

but we might have to bite the bullet with buynfctags .. sigh..
    I wouldn't bite the bullet. Screw them for coming into this thread, pretending to care about shipping costs THEN raising them. I'd rather pay $60 shipping from another company than I would $30 with buynfctags. Least other companies didn't come in here, say "we feel bad our prices are high, oh by the way, now that we know you guys have noticed shipping is expensive we made it MORE expensive."

10-14-11 07:04 PM
426 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD