I can confirm Mifare Classics are not working with BB, I ordered them before I noticed this thread and they arrived today.

For anybody in UK, I just noticed Orange are selling a 5 pack for �8, I'll call past a shop tomorrow, hope they have some in stock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 07:57 PM
    I have bought the app and shortcut me app, I'm ready to go, just need some tags

10-11-11 07:58 PM
    @belfastdispatcher,

Do you have Smart Tags app on your BB?
    If the answer is yes, can you check and see if it is reading the Mifare Classic cards you have received?
    10-11-11 08:04 PM
    @belfastdispatcher,

Do you have Smart Tags app on your BB?
    If the answer is yes, can you check and see if it is reading the Mifare Classic cards you have received?
    It doesn't, it just vibrates once and nothing else happens.

10-12-11 01:07 AM
    It doesn't, it just vibrates once and nothing else happens.

Thanks. This is the second confirmation about the Mifare Classic tags.

So for those of you who want to get tags, make sure that the tags you are ordering are not Mifare Classic tags.
    Last edited by Vijik; 10-12-11 at 05:10 AM.
    10-12-11 04:32 AM
    Thanks. This is the second confirmation about the Mifare Classic tags.

So for those of you who want to get tags, make sure that the card you are ordering are not Mifare Classic tags.
    On my way to an Orange UK Shop now to get some proper ones, hope they have some in stock, I'll post as soon as I get them.
    10-12-11 05:02 AM
    On my way to an Orange UK Shop now to get some proper ones, hope they have some in stock, I'll post as soon as I get them.
    Since you are on the way to Orange, can you also ask them about Topaz tags.
    A user sent email to me telling that topaz tags might also work with NFCLauncher. He said that Topaz tags has less memory and therefore might be cheaper than Mifare Ultralight tags.
    10-12-11 05:09 AM
    Since you are on the way to Orange, can you also ask them about Topaz tags.
    A user sent email to me telling that topaz tags might also work with NFCLauncher. He said that Topaz tags has less memory and therefore might be cheaper than Mifare Ultralight tags.
    No luck, they never heard of them, I'll have to order them online from Orange.

10-12-11 05:33 AM
    No luck, they never heard of them, I'll have to order them online from Orange.

Thanks.

I did some googling. It looks like that Topaz is a standard NFC Forum's tag (Type 1).

If BB OS supports it, it might be a good choice because they are probably cheaper due to their very low memory capacity (few bytes of memory, much less than the 1k , 2k, 4k on Mifare UltraLight).
    10-12-11 06:56 AM
    Thanks.

I did some googling. It looks like that Topaz is a standard NFC Forum's tag (Type 1).

If BB OS supports it, it might be a good choice because they are probably cheaper due to their very low memory capacity (few bytes of memory, much less than the 1k , 2k, 4k on Mifare UltraLight).
    Well, the orange ones should work as they're sold for the purpose to be use with an NFC phone.

10-12-11 07:14 AM
    Vijik or any other user, im able to get HID Proximity cards in my country with relativily easy access and obviously less the delays of shipping and costs, im only getting my blackberry 9900 later today about 4hrs from now, so i can test it only then, but has anyone tried these cards yet ?? to see if they working, ill paste the specs here:

Specs from a online ordering site hope this helps: HID 1326 ProxCard II is the value-priced industry choice for prox card access control. Designed for 125 kHz access control, HID 1326 ProxCard II offers 26 bits standard, more than 137 million possible codes, up to 24” read range, and a vertical clamshell card format. Standard 26-Bit/H10301 Format.
    10-12-11 07:42 AM
    I've ordered mifare classic 1k tags before I find this thread and it has been shipped already, so I can't cancel it at least I will be able to confirm if it's working or not
    convenor likes this.
    10-12-11 08:14 AM
    I'd like to use NFC to set up/disable call forwarding. Can I do that with ShortcutMe and NFCLauncher?
    10-12-11 11:00 AM
    Vijik or any other user, im able to get HID Proximity cards in my country with relativily easy access and obviously less the delays of shipping and costs, im only getting my blackberry 9900 later today about 4hrs from now, so i can test it only then, but has anyone tried these cards yet ?? to see if they working, ill paste the specs here:

Specs from a online ordering site hope this helps: HID 1326 ProxCard II is the value-priced industry choice for prox card access control. Designed for 125 kHz access control, HID 1326 ProxCard II offers 26 bits standard, more than 137 million possible codes, up to 24� read range, and a vertical clamshell card format. Standard 26-Bit/H10301 Format.
    Those 125 KHz tags are not NFC.
    NFC's frequency is at 13.56 MHz.
    BlackBerry will most likely not read those tags.

Wish you a problem free 9900 experience.
    10-12-11 11:05 AM

Specs from a online ordering site hope this helps: HID 1326 ProxCard II is the value-priced industry choice for prox card access control. Designed for 125 kHz access control, HID 1326 ProxCard II offers 26 bits standard, more than 137 million possible codes, up to 24� read range, and a vertical clamshell card format. Standard 26-Bit/H10301 Format.
    HID makes tags (NFC) stickers, what you are talking about is an RFID Access Control card. Not even close to the same thing. Doesn't work with the BlackBerry at all.
    10-12-11 11:08 AM
    10-12-11 11:09 AM
    Should work because the web page claims that they are Mifare Ultralight tags.
    10-12-11 11:15 AM
    I've ordered mifare classic 1k tags before I find this thread and it has been shipped already, so I can't cancel it at least I will be able to confirm if it's working or not
    Can you send them back before the package is opened?
    If yes, I would send them back and order Mifare Ultralight tags instead.
    So far 3 sources have confirmed that Mifare Classic can't be read by the BB.
    10-12-11 11:17 AM
    Should work because the web page claims that they are Mifare Ultralight tags.
    Cool, gonna order them, Orange website wouldn't let me buy theirs for some bizarre reason. Oh well.

10-12-11 11:19 AM
    I'd like to use NFC to set up/disable call forwarding. Can I do that with ShortcutMe and NFCLauncher?
    You should be able to do so. Unfortunately I can't test it and give you the full macro code because BB services are down and my BB doesn't show me the call forwarding page.

What you need to do to achieve that is:

1- Add a NFC tag to the NFClauncher and set it to launch CF shortcut in ShortcutMe.

2- In ShortcutMe write the CF shortcut like this:

AppName=Universal Search (Opens Universal Search)
    Shortcuts=CF
    Macros=
    Delay 200; (waits so that Universal Search gets open)
    KeyCall forward; (Searches for Call Forwarding settings)
    delay100; (waits for the Universal Search to show the search results)
    NavMoveDown1; (moves to found Call Forwarding item)
    delay100;
    NavClick;
    (opens Call Forwarding settings)

Now when you tap that tag, Call forwarding setup page opens.

You need to add more macros to set/enable/disable call forwarding.
    duffy11 likes this.
    10-12-11 11:31 AM
    I think they're waiting for the update w/ wifi calling? Just install .353
    I have a Mac, I didn't think you could install leaked OSes with a Mac.

10-12-11 12:19 PM
    Shortcutme is 50% off! had to buy it now, wasn't going to but discount makes it's interaction with nfc launcher. now tags need to hurry up!!!
    10-12-11 05:49 PM
    Shortcutme is 50% off! had to buy it now, wasn't going to but discount makes it's interaction with nfc launcher. now tags need to hurry up!!!
    In the mean time, until your tags arrive, you might want to play around with macros in ShortcutMe.
    10-12-11 08:51 PM
    What is all of this? I just got the Bold and Im excited about all this new stuff going on. Someone please explain quickly what this NFC is best used for? Where to get the tags from? Thanks guys
    10-12-11 09:21 PM
    What is all of this? I just got the Bold and Im excited about all this new stuff going on. Someone please explain quickly what this NFC is best used for? Where to get the tags from? Thanks guys
    First of all open Manage Connections on your new Bold and see if you can see Near Field Communication and if you can enable it (Some carriers disable NFC).

NFCLauncher allows you to tap a NFC tag to launch an application, a predefined function, or a macro shortcut in ShortcutMe.
    Macros are very flexible and powerfull and they allow you to define in details what should happen after you tap the tag.

You can see it in action here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post6748552.
    10-12-11 10:19 PM
426 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD