It's a holiday in US, too -- Columbus Day.

Excellent experience -- otherwise, I wouldn't recommend. Ordered on Wednesday evening, delivered Monday with USPS delivery. I believe that they were shipped from WA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Awesome. I got priority mail because i'm impatient haha. Looking forward to trying this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-10-11 05:00 PM
    Awesome. I got priority mail because i'm impatient haha. Looking forward to trying this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hate to burst your bubble, but the free shipping for my order (10 tags total) was Priority Mail. ;-)

10-10-11 05:32 PM
    Hate to burst your bubble, but the free shipping for my order (10 tags total) was Priority Mail. ;-)

-_- it's how my life goes, i've learned to live with it haha
    10-10-11 05:46 PM
    So can I add an HID ProxCard in this application and then use my phone instead of the card?
    No, sorry. you cannot do that with the old proximity cards. You should be able to store information from a HID iclass card. Again though, not with this app.
    10-10-11 06:04 PM
    so i need to download shortcutme too to be able to touch a tag so my phone opens manage connections->radio(on)|wifi(on)|bluetooth(off)->close manage connections
    I'm wondering about this as well... do I need shortcutme to do the more advanced things?
    10-10-11 06:23 PM
    I'm wondering about this as well... do I need shortcutme to do the more advanced things?
    I just added this to version 1.2 of NFCLauncher.
    So the answer is no after tomorrow.

But, doesn't matter how much functionality I add to NFCLauncher, you will never get the flexibility of the macros that you have in ShortcutMe.
    Macros in ShortcutMe allow you to define your own simple or complex tasks.
    Last edited by Vijik; 10-10-11 at 06:37 PM.
    10-10-11 06:25 PM
    No, sorry. you cannot do that with the old proximity cards. You should be able to store information from a HID iclass card. Again though, not with this app.
    I just checked the NFC APIs and can see that it should be able to read NDEF tag types 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Do you know if the HID tags are any of those 1 to 4 tag types?
    10-10-11 06:41 PM
    I just checked the NFC APIs and can see that it should be able to read NDEF tag types 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Do you know if the HID tags are any of those 1 to 4 tag types?
    Not really a tag. He is talking about a HID Proximity card. He wants to be able to copy his credentials off his card and add them to his phone via your app (well, he just wants to use his phone as his access card).

This can be done, but it would depend more on what type of readers he is using. HID has come out with an SIO Secure Identity Object. It supports iCLASS, MIFARE DESFire, Indala (Indala are the clamshaped prox cards the poster was posting about) and others...

He is going to have to have a sit down with his CTO/SLS Manager or someone to have those creds xfer'd over.
    Vijik likes this.
    10-10-11 07:37 PM
    I ordered my tags from Buy NFC Tags | NFC Tags, Development Kits, Stickers, Cards, Key Chains, Chips and More, bought a variety pack of sizes because i know nothing of NFC and wanted to see if I needed big tags or if little ones could work.

I've only been playing with them for a day now, but it seems that so far the size doesn't matter. the NFC Sticker - Circle - MIFARE Ultralight
    (Size: 25 mm (penny)) work just as well as the bigger NFC Sticker - Circle - MIFARE Ultralight (Size: 45 mm (silver dollar)) and the NFC Sticker - Rectangle - MIFARE Ultralight
    (Size: 55 mm x 17 mm) work just as well as the NFC Sticker - Rectangle - MIFARE Ultralight (Size: 86 mm x 54 mm (business card))

Here's a break down of what i have going so far, as an example of use cases:

Tag #1 - beside my computer: Launches SOTI Pocket Controller.
    Comes in really handy, because I don't like a lot of icons on my home screen, even in the "All" panel. Especially apps that I dont use everywhere all the time. So this lets me stash the Pocket Controller icon while still having super easy access to it when i need it.

Tag #2 - On my nightstand: ShortcutMe.
    Going to be great when I wake up in the morning. Macro to exit out of BlackCharge, Test if I'm connected to my wifi network, if i'm not, try to connect. Launch Canadian Weather. Sign me in to Windows Live Messenger, change my status to "Available" on BBM and switch my ringer profile back to normal. exit SOTI Pocket Controller if it's running

Tag #3 - On my nightstand. ShortcutMe.
    Great for going to sleep, Macros to sign out of Windows Live Messenger, change my ringer profile to the one i use for at night, change my BBM status to "Busy" and exit SOTI Pocket Controller if it's running

Tag #4 - Kitchen table. BlackBerry News
    When I'm at the table usually i have something going on in one hand, either smoking, sipping coffee or eating. So in the morning this tag is actually more convenient than it may seem, especially if I'm a little groggy. No scrolling through icons, or typing slow in universal search, just BAM there's the news with a swipe of the tag.

Tag #5 - on my way out of the house. Shortcutme.
    Handly little macro that changes my ringer profile to something louder, turns off wifi, exits Podtrapper and exit SOTI Pocket Controller if it's running then locks my Keypad

Tag #6 - close to tag #5. Shortcutme.
    checks if WiFi is off, if it is, turn it on, launches Podtrapper, changes my ringer profile to something quieter.

Tag #7 #8 and #9. Beside the plugins i normally use to charge my phone. ShortcutMe.
    Changes my ringer profile to the loudest one i've got. opens and activates Charger Alarm. exit SOTI Pocket Controller if it's running and Password Locks my phone.

all this from just the first day. hopefully this gives someone the general idea of how NFCLauncher can work for them.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-10-11 at 07:53 PM. Reason: misclicked and added the wrong thing in the wrong place hah
    Vijik and shankeith like this.
    10-10-11 07:43 PM
    Not really a tag. He is talking about a HID Proximity card. He wants to be able to copy his credentials off his card and add them to his phone via your app (well, he just wants to use his phone as his access card).

This can be done, but it would depend more on what type of readers he is using. HID has come out with an SIO Secure Identity Object. It supports iCLASS, MIFARE DESFire, Indala (Indala are the clamshaped prox cards the poster was posting about) and others...
    Thanks, now I understand.

He is going to have to have a sit down with his CTO/SLS Manager or someone to have those creds xfer'd over.
    10-10-11 07:44 PM
    @Juggalo20,

Woooow!
    10-10-11 07:53 PM
    One thing ShortcutMe users might like. is that with the ability to write PreMacros and PostMacros you can create entire ShortcutMe macros that don't have to clog up your actual ShortcutMe list. If you create just the one ShortcutMe macro like this

Shortcut Name: Null
    Shortcut Keys: ^nul
    App Name: Macro
    Macros: Delay1

you can then call this from NFCLauncher. as in

Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    PreMacros: rah rah rah put all your macros here
    Parameter: ^nul
    PostMacros: rah rah rah more macros if you want.

with just having the one extra shortcut it ShortcutMe you can create as many NFC tag specific macros as you like without having them taking up room within your ShortcutMe list ^_^ I absolutely adore this..
    10-10-11 08:26 PM
    so just to confirm, NFCLauncher lets you write to the NFC tag to do what you would like it to do?

If not how do you write to the Tag?
    10-10-11 09:00 PM
    so just to confirm, NFCLauncher lets you write to the NFC tag to do what you would like it to do?

All you need is NFCLauncher and a NFC tag. Open NFCLauncher, then tap it to the tag to enter setup. All the configuring is done within NFCLauncher

10-10-11 09:07 PM

your bold itself can actually write a tag. But just to direct to a website

10-10-11 09:40 PM

The tags you use for NFCLauncher shouldn't be written to by the Smart Tags app though. NFCLauncher can't undo what Smart Tags did I don't think. For best results I'd suggest using a tag for one or the other.

10-10-11 09:48 PM

NFCLauncher can also take you (NFCL_Browser function) to a web site (after tapping a tag).

The difference is that the default BlackBerry Tags app always asks you if you want to go to a web page or not (because of security concerns).
    It makes the NFC experience less convenient as you need to go through 2 steps and click two buttons before you actually get to a web page.

With NFCLauncher, you tap once and less than a seconds later it takes you to the page you have programmed NFCLauncher to go to.
    10-10-11 09:57 PM
    The tags you use for NFCLauncher shouldn't be written to by the Smart Tags app though. NFCLauncher can't undo what Smart Tags did I don't think. For best results I'd suggest using a tag for one or the other.

If the tag is programmed, NFCLauncher can still launch what it is set to launch with that tag. But then a programmed tag will also launch the BlackBerry app (for tags) and that might not be what you want every time.
    10-10-11 09:59 PM
    NFCLauncher can also take you (NFCL_Browser function) to a web site (after tapping a tag).

The difference is that the default BlackBerry Tags app always asks you if you want to go to a web page or not (because of security concerns).
    It makes the NFC experience less convenient as you need to go through 2 steps and click two buttons before you actually get to a web page.

With NFCLauncher, you tap once and less than a seconds later it takes you to the page you have programmed NFCLauncher to go to.
    oh i know! was just saying is has a tiny bit of nfc "programming" built in. cant wait for my tags to arrive so i can test my new app out! Will you be able to do the tutorial on writing macros in the next few days?
    10-10-11 10:25 PM
    oh i know! was just saying is has a tiny bit of nfc "programming" built in. cant wait for my tags to arrive so i can test my new app out! Will you be able to do the tutorial on writing macros in the next few days?
    You can see the available macro commands here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-apps-f35/macros-shortcutme-637024/index2.html#post6735759

Requests/suggestions/questions are probably best posted here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-apps-f35/shortcutme-updated-all-bb-models-more-macros-recurring-auto-launch-etc-653707/index9.html#post6749896

And you can find a ton upon ton of useful macros and information here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-apps-f35/handy-shortcutme-5-0-macro-shortcuts-549683/index55.html#post6748035

Please remember, macros are for ShortcutMe, NFCLauncher is not a replacement for ShortcutMe.

Edit #1
    NFCLauncher does allow you to extend your ShortcutMe macros though, by writing some in the PreMacro and PostMacro areas, with the ShortcutMe shortcut executed in between

Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-10-11 at 10:38 PM.
    10-10-11 10:34 PM
    Juggalo20 is right about the macros and links.

However, for those who don't want to read and go through so many posts, I will try to post a simple macro setup here on this thread.
    10-10-11 10:38 PM
    You can see the available macro commands here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6735759

Requests/suggestions/questions are probably best posted here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6749896

And you can find a ton upon ton of useful macros and information here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6748035

Please remember, macros are for ShortcutMe, NFCLauncher is not a replacement for ShortcutMe.

i thought he said he was updating nfc launcher to do some macros on its own. In the video, when he goes outside and passes the phone over the door border, that's shortcutme and nfc launcher working together right?
    10-10-11 10:39 PM
    How to make NFCLauncher to turn Wifi and Radio On using macros in ShortcutMe:

Make a shortcut like the followings in ShortcutMe:
    AppName: Macro
    Shortcuts: WRT (for Wifi Radio Toggle)
    Macros: Launch Wifi_On; Launch Radio_On

Open NFCLauncher, tap a NFC tag (make sure NFC is on and backlight is on). Say Yes to setup the tag. Settings:

Parameter: WRT

Save and close NFClauncher.

Now every time you tap that tag, Wifi and Radio are turned on.
    10-10-11 10:49 PM
    How to make NFCLauncher to turn Wifi and Radio On using macros in ShortcutMe:

Make a shortcut like the followings in ShortcutMe:
    AppName: Macro
    Shortcuts: WRT (for Wifi Radio Toggle)
    Macros: Launch Wifi_On; Launch Radio_On

Open NFCLauncher, tap a NFC tag (make sure NFC is on and backlight is on). Say Yes to setup the tag. Settings:

Parameter: WRT

Save and close NFClauncher.

Now every time you tap that tag, Wifi and Radio are turned on.
    so cool! my tags need to hurry up!!!
    10-10-11 10:51 PM
    I have two questions on this app:

1. Can this app read data from an NFC University ID card that opens doors by taping on the NFC reader and make phone "learn" the data in the card? (So that I can use the phone the open the door?)

2. Can this app work with my credit card without the banking app with NFC support?

Thank you.
    10-10-11 11:03 PM
426 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD