RIM has now announced that they are going to release an app for data exchange between 2 blackberry.
    I thought at last they came up with an app that let me use NFC.

Then I searched for NFC on App World, and NFCLauncher app came up. Suprisingly it is developped by Fonware, the ShortcutMe guys.
    I have sent them an email about this app but haven't received any resonse from them. Anyone knows NFCLauncher?
    tyateteptya likes this.
    10-10-11 12:28 PM
    10-10-11 12:37 PM
    So can I add an HID ProxCard in this application and then use my phone instead of the card?
    10-10-11 12:42 PM
    Adam543,
    Our support email is full of emails today. It takes some time to answer them all.

NFCLauncher allows you to tap a tag to launch a task, an app, or a macro shortcut in ShortcutMe.

Macros in ShortcutMe are extremely flexible and they let you define everything from simple to very complex things. Macros in combination with NFCLauncher will be big time savers and will make you to be the person with lots of Wow effects in front of your friends.

:
    Last edited by Vijik; 10-10-11 at 06:08 PM.
    owendbc likes this.
    10-10-11 01:06 PM
    Care to give an exemple to that?
    10-10-11 01:15 PM
    Adam543,
    Our support email is full of emails today. It takes some time to answer them all.

NFCLauncher allows you to tap a tag to launch a task, an app, or a macro shortcut in ShortcutMe.

Macros in ShortcutMe are extremely flexible and they let you define everything from simple to very complex things. Macros in combination with NFCLauncher will be big time savers and will make you to be the person with lots of Wow effects in front of your friends.
    i ordered some Mifare 1k square nfc stickers. i can use the app to program these to command my phone right?
    10-10-11 01:24 PM
    So can I add an HID ProxCard in this application and then use my phone instead of the card?
    I don't know HID tags. Haven't tested to see if BlackBerry OS can read those tags.

If you buy Mifare Ultralight cards (the ones with lowest memory are supported and are cheapest).
    They are the ones I have tested the app with and they are very cheap.
    If you are in the US, there are some companies that offer free shipping for them.
    10-10-11 01:28 PM
    I will soon write an example with macros and NFCLauncher
    10-10-11 01:31 PM
    i ordered some Mifare 1k square nfc stickers. i can use the app to program these to command my phone right?
    If the tag is supported by BB OS (can read it) you should be okay.

The best tags to buy are Mifare Ultralight tags with smallest memory size (cheapest).

Good idea to stay away from Mifare Classic tags. I have a tester that says BB OS can't read those Mifare Classic tags.
    (I can't confirm that as I don't have Mifare Classic cards)

You don't need to program your tags. You just need to open NFCLauncher, tap a tag, and then save that tag with info about what it should launch.
    10-10-11 01:36 PM
    If the tag is supported by BB OS (can read it) you should be okay.

The best tags to buy are Mifare Ultralight tags with smallest memory size (cheapest).

Good idea to stay away from Mifare Classic tags. I have a tester that says BB OS can't read those Mifare Classic tags.
    (I can't confirm that as I don't have Mifare Classic cards)

You don't need to program your tags. You just need to open NFCLauncher, tap a tag, and then save that tag with info about what it should launch.
    oops, so not 1k?
    10-10-11 01:46 PM
    oops, so not 1k?
    The memory size is not important.
    The important thing is the card type. BB OS should support type of the tag you want to buy.

What kind of tag is the 1K you are referring to?
    10-10-11 01:52 PM
    The memory size is not important.
    The important thing is the card type. BB OS should support type of the tag you want to buy.

What kind of tag is the 1K you are referring to?
    Ordered (and just requested cancellation for) this: NFC Sticker - Square - MIFARE 1K - Buy NFC Tags

Now i have these ordered:
    NFC Sticker - Square - MIFARE Ultralight - Buy NFC Tags

Also, how long does $2.99 last?
    10-10-11 01:57 PM
    Ordered (and just requested cancellation for) this: NFC Sticker - Square - MIFARE 1K - Buy NFC Tags

Now i have these ordered:
    NFC Sticker - Square - MIFARE Ultralight - Buy NFC Tags

Also, how long does $2.99 last?
    The one you cancelled looks to be Mifare Classic even that they don't mention 'Classic'

The one you have ordered are the good ones.

EDIT: $2.99 will last for few days before it goes up to (and stays at) $3.99
    It is a one time fee.
    Last edited by Vijik; 10-10-11 at 02:10 PM.
    10-10-11 02:06 PM
    Any nfc sticker recommendations from amazon.com? I just feel safer buying from Amazon... but that's just me.
    10-10-11 02:09 PM
    The one you cancelled looks to be Mifare Classic even that they don't mention 'Classic'

The one you have ordered are the good ones.
    awesome! I can't wait to try this out. I loatheeeee the wifi on/off bluetooth on/off cycle i go through every day. this will be alot easier for me to get my phone all set up for in the car and at home alot better. much appreciated.
    10-10-11 02:10 PM
    Any nfc sticker recommendations from amazon.com? I just feel safer buying from Amazon... but that's just me.
    I think tagsafely or something is on there, but there's not really anything i felt solid about ordering. and i know how you feel, but it was only $5 for 5 of them so i ordered from NFC Sticker - Square - MIFARE Ultralight - Buy NFC Tags

they seem legit
    bbqkid8 likes this.
    10-10-11 02:11 PM
    I think tagsafely or something is on there, but there's not really anything i felt solid about ordering. and i know how you feel, but it was only $5 for 5 of them so i ordered from NFC Sticker - Square - MIFARE Ultralight - Buy NFC Tags

they seem legit
    Thanks for the info. I am really interested in using the nfc stuff too... contemplating paying the extra for shipping to get them earlier
    10-10-11 02:17 PM
    Is there any app where I can enter my existing credit card information to work with "Tap and Go' type" Credit Cards(it is called PayWave by Visa)? Can I use this app to do that?

I am sick and tired of RBC Royal Bank. They kept sending me emails with "We are working on developing NFC on Bold 9900" on every single email I send them with no news on when it will come out.

I know this probably won't happen without bank support... but I just wanted to ask.

Thanks.

EDIT: http://www.visa.ca/en/merchant/products/mobile.jsp
    Last edited by mss-ca; 10-10-11 at 02:33 PM.
    10-10-11 02:29 PM
    I will soon write an example with macros and NFCLauncher
    so i need to download shortcutme too to be able to touch a tag so my phone opens manage connections->radio(on)|wifi(on)|bluetooth(off)->close manage connections
    10-10-11 02:31 PM
    FYI, there are at least three distinct types of NFC tags (or tokens/cards):

1) Mifare Ultralight (definitely compatible -- best bet!)
    2) Mifare 1K (unknown)
    3) Mifare Ultralight C (unknown -- may be another name for Mifare Classic that don't work)

I ordered two diiferent styles (aka form factors) from Buy NFC Tags | NFC Tags, Development Kits, Stickers, Cards, Key Chains, Chips and More, and I can confirm that both work with NFCLauncher (details below). Also, I stayed at a Radisson Hotel near San Diego last week, and their room keys also work with NFCLauncher -- I am guessing that they, too, use the Mifare Ultralight cards (no markings on the room keys).

NFC Card
    MIFARE Ultralight MUCARD5
    $1.35 USD

NFC Token - MIFARE Ultralight
    (Size: 30 mm with hole, Token Color: White)
    MUTOKEN30MMHOLE5
    $1.65 USD

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by visortgw; 10-10-11 at 03:27 PM.
    10-10-11 02:34 PM
    First sticker will be placed on the back of my Playbook...9930 Bridge on - bluetooth on - phone lock on...commence free browsing! Will that work?
    10-10-11 04:23 PM
    First sticker will be placed on the back of my Playbook...9930 Bridge on - bluetooth on - phone lock on...commence free browsing! Will that work?
    you may need to get an anti-metal tag. or put the tag on the case of the playbook.
    10-10-11 04:35 PM
    you may need to get an anti-metal tag. or put the tag on the case of the playbook.
    http://www.buynfctags.com/anti-metal-nfc-sticker-mifare-ultralight/

10-10-11 04:46 PM
    http://www.buynfctags.com/anti-metal-nfc-sticker-mifare-ultralight/

what's your shipping experience with them? are they canadian? (b/c they arent answering their phones for me to cancel one of my orders haha)
    10-10-11 04:50 PM
    what's your shipping experience with them? are they canadian? (b/c they arent answering their phones for me to cancel one of my orders haha)
    It's a holiday in US, too -- Columbus Day.

Excellent experience -- otherwise, I wouldn't recommend. Ordered on Wednesday evening, delivered Monday with USPS delivery. I believe that they were shipped from WA.

10-10-11 04:58 PM
426 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD