Hey just wondering if any of you guys are using the opera mobile browser its so so much faster than the BB browser plus it has web browsing ... As far as wifi goes the difference is barely noticeable on the BB browser but the opera is blazing fast with wifi activated ... What browser are you guys using? Why is BB browsers so slow it requesting ... Forever! Does the .438 upgrade the browser at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 09:23 PM
    All I can say is "wow."
    01-02-10 09:51 PM
    i prefer the native browser for normal use but i like opera for certain things
    01-02-10 10:08 PM
    i use the installed browser and the Opera browser also-you are correct, Opera is really fast
    01-02-10 10:08 PM
    I've been using the Opera beta 5.2 browser for about a week now - it's AMAZING how much faster it is than the RIM browser. Still has a few bugs - I find myself doing a battery pull once a day or so, but it's WELL WORTH it IMHO. Love the Tabs - and it defaults to a Google Search as well!

bert
    01-02-10 10:10 PM
    yeah i definitely love the google deault search... i hate the bing crap and been searching on how to get rid of it... i'm forced to use 3rd party google app for now... i'm using opera 5.2 beta as well... its been keeping up with brothers droid and g/f's iphone... love it, but when comparing the BB browser... REQUEST... (10 seconds later) finally loading... grr... ...... but i heard in .428 no change to browser... i'm actually in process of doing the .428 leaked os upgrade, heard good reviews... i was a previous STORM 1 user, switched to TOUR and now back with the STORM 2 couldn't be happier...

what I do NOT like about OPERA is the face that the click function is taken out.. i'm always accidently hitting link's i don't mean to... does anybody know of a way to change this? or make it so no loading until the screen is clicked?
    01-02-10 10:32 PM
    Opera doesn't utilize the surepress yet. I'm sure they're going to add that in when it goes out of beta. Either way, it's not too bad. I don't really accidentally click links haha
    01-02-10 10:42 PM
    lol well just on line like crackberry for example... like giong from page 2 to 3 ect... so hard to click the right one...
    01-02-10 10:58 PM
    I use both, but I would say I use Opera more between the two. To give the BB browser a "boost," go to options> browser config> uncheck support javascript.

It will make it MUCH faster, but the downside is that not all pages will function properly.
    01-02-10 11:00 PM
    Ugh yeah going from page to page kinda sucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 11:01 PM
    I use the BB browser for downloading OTA apps and that's pretty much it.

I use Opera for everything else.
    01-02-10 11:12 PM
    I like Opera better. It's way faster and it stays in column view mode (the BB Browser has to have its view reset every page it opens). The downsides are that it does not implement SurePress properly and does not use the menuing system in the BB OS.
    01-02-10 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD