i've seen a few pop up so far. the only one i have tried is the South Africa on blackberry app that came from appworld and it is not that good. would like to see other's input on which one they are using to keep up to date with the latest from South Africa.

thanks
    06-11-10 11:43 AM
    Goal.com app

GOAL.com Mobile Reader

this is an app from one of the best website for the latest and reliable soccer news. It is pretty neat, sharp and free too
    06-11-10 03:00 PM
    Try WC2010 from the app world. It has a nice layout and seems to be good overall.
    06-11-10 03:30 PM
    Goal.com app

GOAL.com Mobile Reader

this is an app from one of the best website for the latest and reliable soccer news. It is pretty neat, sharp and free too
    I have GOAL.com and following the two games today was easy and it updates vertually in real time.
    06-11-10 03:34 PM
    I've also been looking for a good WC app and have used 4 so far...

WC2010 did like it but it was a bit slow ans thats the only reason i am not using it..then again I do have an 8330 still.

Goal.com is ok...too much clutter for me, didnt really like the layout.

s42 Mundial Futbol 2010 app is ok, the only real feature I like is that you can see the month in calendar mode but the time is off by an hour.

Score Mobile FC..that one is rockin!!! only issue is that you cannot see the schedule beyond the next day (If im missing something here please let me know). that is by far the best one ive seen, you can see stats as well.

If anyone has an idea or a better free (<--key word) app for the wc then please let me know.
    Last edited by futebolcoach; 06-11-10 at 10:15 PM.
    06-11-10 10:13 PM
    I am using Score Mobile FC which, like futebolcoach mentioned, does not have the schedule beyond the next day. I have even put the icon on the homescreen.

One more app: Navita Sports, which is free. Not a dedicated World Cup app but has extensive World Cup coverage. But unlike Score Mobile, it does not refresh automatically (or at least I could not figure out how to do it). On the other hand, you can add your comments on each game. And you don't even have to register to do that.

I also tried Goal.com, and WC2010 .. but so far, the best one I have found for my preferences is ScoreMobile FC.
    06-13-10 01:25 PM
    Is there any app that supports push notifications on goal scored, final score, half-time scores etc?
    06-14-10 05:04 PM
    I have to go with Goal.com
    06-17-10 06:02 AM
    I liked the options that s42 Mundial Futbol 2010 gave (viewing by team/table/fixtures etc), but I recently upgraded it to v1.0.17 which gives me a message along the lines of 'not available in your region' (i think... my spanish is kind of sketchy!).

Do we know if they're looking to fix that?

I'm using the scoremobile one - looks good so far!

I think that the wc2010 kept polling for updates (rather than having push notifications) as for the few days I had that installed, my battery life was shocking. I may be wrong on that point, but things have settled down now that it's deleted.

Barljo
    06-17-10 07:31 AM
    Is there any app that supports push notifications on goal scored, final score, half-time scores etc?
    The South Africa on Blackberry app is supposed to do push notifications. It doesnt seem to work though. You can select which alerts you want. But yah it doesnt seem to work at least for me and many others. I got 1 when I first installed it telling me a game started, after than never again.

THe WC2010 app seems the best. It doesnt do push notification..it does in fact poll..so you will see a loss in battery life. But it seems to be the best app right now. The south africa one had promise though, but it seems so slow and features just dont work properly.
    06-17-10 09:23 AM
    ScoreMobile FC is real time and you can set it up to refresh as often as you like. It can be bundled with a theme that is pretty sweet too. It is not only world cup, but does leagues too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vndlewis; 06-17-10 at 09:35 AM.
    06-17-10 09:31 AM
    I think ScoreMobileFC is the best app I've tried so far and I will definitely be keeping it for La Liga and EPL seasons. Like others have said though, not being able to see the upcoming Cup schedule is a bit annoying.

06-17-10 10:20 AM
    Just an update. I started getting notifications from South Africa for BB. Well at least 1 notification so far.
    06-17-10 11:29 AM
    Goal.com is #1

06-17-10 12:34 PM
    My pick is WC2010.
    Mashable reviews all the World Cup BB apps here: 4 Free World Cup Apps for BlackBerry
    06-17-10 01:09 PM
    scoremobile!
    06-17-10 01:16 PM
    The South Africa On BB app has been updated and notifications are now working properly.

My vote now goes to this app. It also seems a bit faster. Anyone know how to make notifications vibrate or play a sound?
    06-21-10 12:17 PM
    Thanks for the tips...
    Downloaded Handmark Goal from the BB app world, and works great on my Bold 9000

cheers
    06-22-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD