Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.
    11-24-08 10:17 PM
    IMO beejive
    11-24-08 10:24 PM
    ive tried alot of them.

webmessenger 3.0 is nice but appears a little buggy

instango was the nicest free one but it really drained the battery if left on

beejive is hands down the best AIM app ever but it isnt free 20 for a license or 30 for a transferrable license

OZ instant messenger is decent but nothing special, it works for aim
    11-24-08 10:52 PM
    the regular aim app from the mobile.blackberry.com download offering has worked pretty well for me... but i prefer the originals, never got into trillian or meebo as aim replacements such as how my siblings have.
    11-24-08 11:01 PM
    I am no longer supporting BeeJive, but AIM for the Blackberry from the BB website is what I am using and soon will try Instango. Since they are both free, you can't lose by trying them.
    11-24-08 11:05 PM
    I am no longer supporting BeeJive, but AIM for the Blackberry from the BB website is what I am using and soon will try Instango. Since they are both free, you can't lose by trying them.
    why are you no longer supporting beejive? i feel like beejive is hands down the best even though it kills the battery like CRAZY on the bold..
    11-24-08 11:20 PM
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of bee Jive myself. Great product, great customer service too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 11:32 PM
    I use the aim app from blackberry and it works great for m

11-24-08 11:38 PM
    I use AIM as well and it works great. Keeps you connected all the time and pushes your IM's to the phone perfectly.

There's really no use for BeeJive if you're just using AIM save the money. But I guess if you use MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, GTalk, ICQ, and AIM simultaneously BeeJive is the way to go.

If you're just an AIM user don't waste the money just use the RIM AIM app from the Blackberry page.
    11-24-08 11:49 PM
    Speaking of the AIM app from Bberry. I downloaded it the other day but everytime I sign on it shows all my contacts as "offline." I don't ghost, and I even have my own sn on my buddy list to know. Not even I show up on it!

11-25-08 12:17 AM
    Beejive because I log on to pretty much everything that beejive lets you log on to at once which works out great!
    11-25-08 08:36 AM
    I was a jivetalk user when running the 8820j however, I didn't want to pay again when I got the BBB. Currently using instango, very happy. No problems whatsoever and it is free.

11-25-08 08:54 AM
    Speaking of the AIM app from Bberry. I downloaded it the other day but everytime I sign on it shows all my contacts as "offline." I don't ghost, and I even have my own sn on my buddy list to know. Not even I show up on it!

Its the same exact problem I'm having. Even when a contact is online through my computer, it still shows offline on the Bold. When the contact IM me, I see it on the Bold, but when I reply back, I get a message saying the contact isn't online which is clearly not true. Otherwise, its a great OEM app. Anyone have a clue? Everything in the permission is set to Allow. Yahoo messenger works like a charm, but not AIM?
    11-25-08 09:07 AM
    I used IM+ paid for it but its worth it as it puts all my chat things together.
    11-25-08 10:05 AM
    i like the BlackBerry Instant Message apps (FREE):

http://www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging

can someone tell me if this link works for Bold users as well? it's
    OTA.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-25-08 at 10:11 AM.
    11-25-08 10:07 AM
    I use the free AIM app from mobile.blackberry.com

I am also using Instango as it's free and works almost as well as BeeJive.
    11-25-08 10:08 AM
    I use regular AIM app. and works pretty well, never tried others.
    11-25-08 10:19 AM
    Beejive... Hands down people!

11-25-08 10:42 AM
    Native app is best because it intergates with the bb OS. You get the aim notification icon and the IM will show in the messages folder.
    11-25-08 12:14 PM
    Native app is best because it intergates with the bb OS. You get the aim notification icon and the IM will show in the messages folder.
    agreed! this is why i like it as well (in additional to the free-ness).
    11-25-08 12:15 PM
    which one is best on battery life?
    the native one would be my guess...
    05-07-09 06:52 PM
    I too use AIM app from BB (mobile.blackberry.com). It's great!
    However, I do experience disconnects while my other IMs (MSN, Yahoo) are fine. Still haven't figured that one yet. I should give Instango a try.
    05-07-09 08:21 PM
    i use palringo. works great.
    05-07-09 08:36 PM
    if you only use Aol Instant messenger then

the standard RIM aim app works fine

but if you use multiple messengers then

Beejive is top but its pricey

instango is a pretty nice free multi IM solution
    05-07-09 09:49 PM
    I just use AIM so I run the native app.
    05-07-09 10:02 PM
26 12