I've noticed that some apps don't allow you to backup a device. Some other threads said the bloomberg app, etc.

Just wondering which apps you guys have noticed cause the backup to fail, along with other factors. It seems when I have no apps installed, backing up is fine, otherwise, it fails.
    06-08-10 04:17 PM
    I have never had an app prevent a backup from being successful and I have tons
    of apps on my device (50+) and have far exceeded that from time to time ((testing stuff)
    06-08-10 04:48 PM
    What other factors can lead to a failed backup?
    06-08-10 04:50 PM
    From my observation the biggest culprit is corruption in one or more databases.

Now, bear in mind, I am NOT saying an app can't bork the backup process, I have
    just never seen it on any of the 5 BBs I have owned to date and I backup daily.
    06-08-10 04:59 PM
    forgive me for asking basic questions, but how do you identify and/or fix the corrupt database? Is there anything I can do to prevent this from occurring?
    06-08-10 05:00 PM
    Usually if a database screws up the backup Desktop Manager will halt the process
    and identify the database that is the problem.

Whenever that happens, more often than not, I just clear the database in the
    Advanced section of Backup/Restore and retry.

The problem here is that sometimes you may lose things you don't want to. For
    instance: If you save all your messages and that is the one that is the problem
    you will lose all of them. You can restore from an older backup but you will
    invariably lose whatever was added after that backup was made.
    06-08-10 05:04 PM
    Usually if a database screws up the backup Desktop Manager will halt the process
    and identify the database that is the problem.

Whenever that happens, more often than not, I just clear the database in the
    Advanced section of Backup/Restore and retry.

The problem here is that sometimes you may lose things you don't want to. For
    instance: If you save all your messages and that is the one that is the problem
    you will lose all of them. You can restore from an older backup but you will
    invariably lose whatever was added after that backup was made.
    Thanks a lot, I truly appreciate it. I'll try that out if it fails again.
    06-08-10 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD