What apps are you gonna get for your 9900? and also if you could tell me a good free weather app i would greatly appreciate it
    08-07-11 11:46 PM
    Accuweather is what I'm using and its pretty good. Also its free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 11:49 PM
    For me it will be more focused on apps that will help me get things done, email, social/business media apps like twitter, linkedin, (maybe FB but doubt it), good weather app.

I went back into my old archives of BB apps to see what I used to install and I noticed a lot of it was more menu driven apps. Things that enhanced the OS and were very small in footprint.

I started to look through BBAppWorld to get an idea of what there is. I don't have to worry like Android and iPhone users about having games with me, I have an iPod Touch for games and podcasts. I want a BB to help me in my job.
    08-08-11 08:33 AM
    BeBuzz. First thing I always install.
    brava27 and johnmarki like this.
    08-08-11 08:36 AM
    You will enjoy the same apps on the 9900 as you use on your previous BB. For me a weather radar and tide tables are my favorite along with my Wells Fargo and Fidelity Stock software. I can watch me loose money in the market where ever I am now!
    08-08-11 08:38 AM
    BlackBerry Travel
    BlackBerry Protect
    BlackBerry Bridge
    FileScout
    Rogers My Account
    ScotiaBank

those will be the first ones I install, and chances are the only ones I install for the first little while
    08-08-11 08:43 AM
    I'm not a big app guy... Facebook, twitter, td bank, weather network, flixster, scoremobile, rogers my account which I never use... Pretty much all I got on my 9780

08-08-11 08:50 AM
    For me it will be more focused on apps that will help me get things done, email, social/business media apps like twitter, linkedin, (maybe FB but doubt it), good weather app.

I went back into my old archives of BB apps to see what I used to install and I noticed a lot of it was more menu driven apps. Things that enhanced the OS and were very small in footprint.

I started to look through BBAppWorld to get an idea of what there is. I don't have to worry like Android and iPhone users about having games with me, I have an iPod Touch for games and podcasts. I want a BB to help me in my job.
    Not all Android or IPhone users need games! I never installed any games on my phone. Did you ever stop to think maybe there are good productivity apps too with Android or iPhone?

08-08-11 09:08 AM
    Not a lot:
    - Whatsapp for my non BB contacts
    - Shazam
    - Facebook
    - BB Protect (pre-installed?)

Just looked these up in Appworld and I noticed that the installation packages are only a few MB big. Is this the actual memory space these apps consume from RAM?
    08-08-11 10:35 AM
    BeBuss, BeReader, BeWeather, Google Maps, Facebook, Twitter, Screen Muncher, Six Tools, Meterberry, Fancy Char, Playtomo (best games app ever), My Rogers, Blackberry Protect, TuneIn Pro. These are the apps I'm gonna install first if they work that is LOL. So far I know that facebook, twitter, six tools, and BeBuzz work but need all of them to work to best use my phone.

08-08-11 11:30 AM
    I hope there's a new brickbricker
    08-08-11 11:31 AM
    I'm really surprised that nobody has mentioned QuickLaunch yet.
    08-08-11 01:49 PM
    QL
    BlackBerry Protect
    Lookout Mobile
    RBC Royal Bank
    BerryWeather
    Dictionary.com
    Flashlight by e-office
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Opera Mini
    Google Maps
    Shazam
    SOTI Pocket Controller Pro

Yes... I do use almost all of the above apps every day, if not every other day.
    08-08-11 02:06 PM
    Does wikitude come installed on the phone?
    08-08-11 02:06 PM
    Does wikitude come installed on the phone?
    Given the title of Kevin's post in May, I'd say it's pretty certain that it does.

Video Demo of Wikitude's Augmented Reality Browser that comes preloaded on the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930

The icon has also appeared in most demo videos I've seen
    Last edited by Xader; 08-08-11 at 02:51 PM.
    suzicat likes this.
    08-08-11 02:38 PM
    troll post deleted
    Can you not derail the thread just so you could whine about a phone no one is forcing you to buy please? Thanks.

As for the apps, these are the ones I will be installing right away on my 9900:

- BeBuzz, for obvious reasons.
    - Poynt, more so as my weather app. I don't need a weather app constantly updating in the background when I only check once in the morning.
    - Facebook, primarily for Facebook chat. Otherwise I'd opt to use the mobile site.
    - Twitter, because clicking on a link in the app automatically opens up a new tab. Doing so in the mobile browser requires you to hold the track pad down and select the new tab option.
    - BlackBerry Protect, got to protect my new baby. :P
    - Google Maps, unless the new BlackBerry Maps is drastically improved.

I'm not a big fan of apps in general.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 08-08-11 at 02:48 PM.
    08-08-11 02:46 PM
    I like most of the BB apps, like News, Protect, Social Feeds and Facebook (I'm assuming they'd come pre-installed). I also found this great weather app called Weather Plus. I would be installing those first.
    08-08-11 04:50 PM
    App that completely disables iPhones and converts their users into a steaming pile of green goo....

PG
    08-08-11 11:12 PM
    I would install the following:

BeBuzz
    ShortcutMe
    Viigo (good old school RSS App)
    TD Stock Market App
    Poynt
    Google Maps
    Wifi-File App (Can transfer files/content using Wifi at home)
    08-08-11 11:37 PM
    Quick Deposit should have been on BB's a year ago.
    08-08-11 11:41 PM
    Bing will be my first app on the 9930, as silly as this may seem.

08-09-11 12:10 AM
    BlackBerry Travel
    BlackBerry Protect
    BlackBerry Bridge
    I think those 3 are pre-installed on the new OS7 devices.
    08-09-11 12:12 AM
    Can you not derail the thread just so you could whine about a phone no one is forcing you to buy please? Thanks.

As for the apps, these are the ones I will be installing right away on my 9900:

- BeBuzz, for obvious reasons.
    - Poynt, more so as my weather app. I don't need a weather app constantly updating in the background when I only check once in the morning.
    - Facebook, primarily for Facebook chat. Otherwise I'd opt to use the mobile site.
    - Twitter, because clicking on a link in the app automatically opens up a new tab. Doing so in the mobile browser requires you to hold the track pad down and select the new tab option.
    - BlackBerry Protect, got to protect my new baby. :P
    - Google Maps, unless the new BlackBerry Maps is drastically improved.

I'm not a big fan of apps in general.
    They have a coool little facebook chat app with bbm access.
    It's called 'Face for BBM'

Seems to work well.
    08-10-11 10:44 PM
    I think those 3 are pre-installed on the new OS7 devices.
    Not travel, but protect and and bridge were installed.
    08-10-11 10:45 PM
    Quick Launch and BeBuzz. Nuff Said [;
    08-10-11 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD