What apps are always open in the background on the Storm? When I press and hold down the blackberry key these are the apps that are always showing: Messages, Phone, Home Screen, Blackberry Messenger, BerryAddon, Browser.

I can not seem to close the browser down. It does not seem right that the browser should always be running in the background.

I'm not sure I am going to keep BerryAddon. It always runs in the background and I'm not sure it provides me with that much extra benefit. Does anyone else have experience using this?

Thanks for a wonderful forum.
    07-31-09 02:53 PM
    browser, blackberry messenger, home, phone and messages are always open
    07-31-09 02:59 PM
    the browser will never stop running in the background. the apps that are always running will not affect your memory or anything.
    07-31-09 03:52 PM
    Also, some third party apps are always running. I've noticed that "Add to Contact" and "Add Number As" are always running.

If anybody uses Live app, do you guys notice "Live Search" starting on its own and displaying "Please ensure your wireless connection is turned on and restart Live Search" even though it was closed through the menu last time it was opened?

07-31-09 03:59 PM
    YouMail will always be running too.
    08-02-09 12:15 AM
    "Add to Number As" and "Add to Contact" are not applications.... Am I wrong?

It depends on what applications you have. I know, for me, TweetGenius is always running among the standard broswer, bbm, phone, and messages. Also, I use wallpaper shuffle, so when it on, its always on
    08-02-09 03:04 AM
    Your browser is always open. The apps you can't close are:

phone, messages, browser, blackberry messenger (if installed) and home screen

hope this helps
    08-02-09 11:34 AM
    I cant close my options, i think i have patternlock to lock my options when it is closed and it never works. but when i set it to lock media it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 12:40 PM
    it's just the main programs that always run. BB messenger, home, browser, phone and messages. I also have Sensobi Contacts running.
    08-02-09 09:38 PM
    I noticed Google Voice, should you have it installed, will not close even if you tell it to. So I deleted it.
    08-02-09 10:48 PM
    I noticed Google Voice, should you have it installed, will not close even if you tell it to. So I deleted it.
    It has to stay open to do what it is supposed to do. If you don't have/use Google Voice then yes, you should delete it.
    08-02-09 10:52 PM
    It has to stay open to do what it is supposed to do. If you don't have/use Google Voice then yes, you should delete it.
    Yeah I know. And I couldnt see myself really using it, so I dumped it
    08-02-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD