I have used a PDA for the past couple years for three purposes - phone, scheduling calendar/contacts, and BOOKS. I bought the Storm to replace a previous PDA last May, and everything that I have been able to figure out, I've really liked. However, I haven't been able to load my books! I used MobiPocket on my Q, and loaded it to the Storm, but I can't get my books to function properly. Does anyone know a better way? I can't possibly be the only one who wants to read books off the Storm. HELP! Thanks!
    08-07-09 03:11 PM
    There are three types of books I can think of;
    Service books, these are particular to the Blackberry and are part of the OS
    Audio Books, I have these on my Storm and are in the MP3 style. they are stored in the music file and played with the music player
    Written books, I have no idea how to do this other than put them in a .doc file and read them with the docs to go app.
    08-07-09 03:16 PM
    I think he means text based books and needs a good book reader. There is a mobipocket for BB. I will redirect this thread to Storm 3rd Party Apps and the folks there can further direct you, BUT I do know there is a BB version of mobi.
    08-07-09 03:19 PM
    Thanks for redirecting to 3rd Apps. I am looking for a reader app. I thought I loaded the MobiPocket for BB. Does anyone know if it works for the Storm?
    08-07-09 03:28 PM
    Barnes and noble just released an app for ebooks similar to the Amazon Kindle, but I'm not sure if this is what youre looking for. On the upside it apparently comes with 10 free books.
    08-07-09 03:47 PM
    I have both Barnes and Noble app and Mobipocket loaded on my storm both work fine.
    http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/beta/download/mobile4.7.0/mobireader.jad
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jimstratus; 08-07-09 at 04:13 PM.
    08-07-09 04:05 PM
    I have used a PDA for the past couple years for three purposes - phone, scheduling calendar/contacts, and BOOKS. I bought the Storm to replace a previous PDA last May, and everything that I have been able to figure out, I've really liked. However, I haven't been able to load my books! I used MobiPocket on my Q, and loaded it to the Storm, but I can't get my books to function properly. Does anyone know a better way? I can't possibly be the only one who wants to read books off the Storm. HELP! Thanks!
    The Storm Beta version was released since Jan of this year, I suspect you have installed an older BB version.

Go to the link below for instructions
    Mobipocket Beta program - eBook reader for BlackBerry

or download from the BB Storm by visiting the link below with your BB
    Mobipocket

There is yet another app called eReader. B&N essentially bought them out so both B&N and eReader use the same book format and DRM. Except B&N restricts you to their store.

=X=
    08-07-09 05:12 PM
    When I try to go to MobiPocket Beta web addie (posted above) I get the message HTTP Error 500:Internal Server Error.
    Ideas?
    08-07-09 05:36 PM
    Such a great site all questions get answered here.
    08-07-09 05:57 PM
    It is SOOO helpful! I'm glad there are people out there that know what they're doing!
    08-07-09 06:16 PM
    There is also ISilo, or one of the .pdf readers if you have books in that format (I use RepliGo Reader).

For audiobooks, I use podtrapper, which bookmarks mp3 files when you close the program so that you can resume at same point.
    08-07-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD