i want to have the weather automaticlly on my main sceen .. if there is a APP for it plz pm me the link so i can down load it. I am newb also so thanks alot for the help

speedy
    05-08-10 02:56 AM
    Berryweather or weather bug, I prefer berryweather b/c it seemed to work better for me; weatherbug stop updating after a couple of days.

Also need a theme with weather slot avalible on homescreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 03:00 AM
    I highly recommend Berryweather. No need for a theme with weather slot, you can use the option to show icon on home screen and can be customized to your liking. There is a free version and the premium one.

05-08-10 05:21 AM
    Most weather apps offer a mainscreen temperature notification. I prefer BerryWeather and no weather slot. A weather slot allows a choice of icons to display weather conditions on the main screen.

Several fine weather apps are out there today. Most offer either a trial or a free version. Give one or more a run and find what works best for you.
    05-08-10 05:36 AM
    I have tried most of the weather apps. Berryweather is the best.
    05-08-10 06:28 AM
    Weatherbug as worked flawless for me and is free to boot.

No clue on why the one guy says it stops updates after a couple hours. Mine is current..actually surprises me how well it works.

Can't comment on Berryweather, but seems to be very popular.

I have only paid for 1 app in 4 months and have no need to buy a weather app when the free ones work quite well IMO...

05-08-10 06:55 AM
    On the 9700 with OS 5, BerryWeather allows you to create a custom wallpaper with weather data (you can select what weather data you want) as Homescreen Wallpaper - which seems to be what you're looking for.
    05-08-10 08:44 AM
    Accuweather.com works for me

05-08-10 09:59 AM
    BBWeather is my favorite. I cannot think of one thing that this free app won't do that I need /want done. The newest version even pulls weather based on GPS rather than a profile which is nice if you're traveling.
    BBWeather Experimental GPS Feature Added by Tateu � BerryReview
    05-08-10 10:37 AM
    BBWeather is my favorite. I cannot think of one thing that this free app won't do that I need /want done. The newest version even pulls weather based on GPS rather than a profile which is nice if you're traveling.
    BBWeather Experimental GPS Feature Added by Tateu � BerryReview
    And it can be seen in ur background homescreen as well?

05-08-10 11:43 AM
    hey just a quick question, is there a weather app that uses wifi and not data?
    05-08-10 12:55 PM
    I concur on the berryweather. I have the paid version, and I also have the elite weatherbug, and the berryweather is much user friendly and a way better user interface.

The only thing weatherbug has on berryweather is the camera views of the skies from local locations, which is really really neat.
    05-08-10 01:11 PM
    hey just a quick question, is there a weather app that uses wifi and not data?
    same question here. And do you need a data plan for BBWeather to work?
    05-08-10 01:15 PM
    WeatherBug is what I use, and I've tried all the major free and paid weather apps besides BBWeather... free and has over 90% of the actual weather-related features/information BerryWeather does... it doesn't have near the customization options of how the program appears and displays the weather info so if that's important to you, maybe spring for it... since you said you want it automatically on your homescreen you might want to, cuz WeatherBug just fits into a normal slot/weather slot and won't be displayed when your screen is locked unless you have a theme that specifies.. but has all the same hi/lo, sunrise/sunset, humidity, pop, etc...

also one odd thing I experienced is that in both my city, sacramento, and on a trip to San Fran that BerryWeather was actually giving me wrong tempuratures- (about 5-6 degrees!) higher than should be when cross checked with multiple non-mobile sources like Weather Channel, weather underground, etc.. but WeatherBug always gave me the correct temp within a degree.. so all in all, it's not worth the $10 for BerryWeather TO ME when WeatherBug does just fine.. but BerryWeather does seem like it goes on special semi-regularly so if you can get it for $5 or 6.99 or whatever, that would be the time to do it...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 05-08-10 at 01:43 PM.
    05-08-10 01:37 PM
    I use Weatherbug, which is extremely helpful.
    cant comment on berryweather but I see alot of people on here talking about it, so I just might give it a try and see which one is better.
    05-08-10 03:53 PM
    And it can be seen in ur background homescreen as well?
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you are asking if it appears as text on your background, then no. You can set the desktop icon to display whatever you want. I have it showing temp. You can have a totally different display for the rollover feature. I have it set so that when I roll over the icon, it shows conditions. The text shown at the bottom of the screen during rollover is customizable as well. I have it set to Temp and Conditions. It's free, play with it a bit yourself and see if it suits your particular needs
    05-08-10 04:23 PM
    i agree, BerryWeather works well... auto updates, weather advisories, animated radar maps, the whole nine... highly recommend..
    05-08-10 05:08 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you are asking if it appears as text on your background, then no. You can set the desktop icon to display whatever you want. I have it showing temp. You can have a totally different display for the rollover feature. I have it set so that when I roll over the icon, it shows conditions. The text shown at the bottom of the screen during rollover is customizable as well. I have it set to Temp and Conditions. It's free, play with it a bit yourself and see if it suits your particular needs
    How do you get the BerryWeather icon like this? I downloaded the free version and all I can do is put it in the Home while eliminating one of the other icons at the bottom.
    05-09-10 02:26 PM
    How do you get the BerryWeather icon like this? I downloaded the free version and all I can do is put it in the Home while eliminating one of the other icons at the bottom.
    Hi,
    It's not Berryweather, it's BBweather. I made a theme that increased the time font and also added that slot in the top right corner for the weather app.
    Hope this helps :-)
    05-09-10 10:27 PM
    No issues with the temperature on the paid version of Berryweather for me. Berryweather shows 41 degrees, AT&T homepage on my PC show 42 degrees, and Microsoft weather gadget show 43 degrees now.
    05-10-10 12:34 AM
    for singapore berry weather (free) does not seem to be the best choice. even though i set it to update the weather hourly, the server it gets the weather from only seems to update once every two days or so.
    05-10-10 05:13 AM
    Hi,
    It's not Berryweather, it's BBweather. I made a theme that increased the time font and also added that slot in the top right corner for the weather app.
    Hope this helps :-)
    Oh

Yeah, BBweather is what I meant.
    05-10-10 05:32 AM
    How do u get bbweather to show BIG on your home screen like on the htc phones?

Edit: nevermind. Figured it out

Last edited by not_addicted77; 05-10-10 at 11:40 AM.
    05-10-10 11:34 AM
    Ok ima check berryweather out

05-10-10 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD