FIRST, I'm a BB noobie. I've only had it about 2 weeks and don't know how I made it this long without one! A VERY COOL TOOL.

SECOND, I want to thank you all right up front for any help you can give me.

I understand that I can use up to a 16GB microSD card for ring tones, pics, video, etc., but can't use it to store APPs? Am I missing something here?

If the internal memory is only 256k (correct?), how many APPs will the BB hold? When I reach that capacity will I need to delete some APPs to add others? Is there a way to increase the memory capacity?

I maybe totally off base with this, but would appreciate any help or clarification. I try a few searches and didn't find a post that addressed this.

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!
    08-12-09 03:15 PM
    Apps can not be stored on the sd card, yet.

The amount of apps that you can store is directly proportional to the size of each app. There is no definite answer to this one. I don't see you running into a problem with space, though.

It's 256 MB by the way, not 256k.
    08-12-09 03:21 PM
    Apps can be stored on the card actually (as of the update before last to BB app world). However, they're "archived" and can't be used off the card from the best of my knowledge.

Also, it is 256mb and different apps are different sizes. There really isn't a set capacity as long as you have room on the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by revolutionary_3; 08-12-09 at 03:24 PM.
    08-12-09 03:22 PM
    The bigger apps I've seen have been just over 1MB, most apps I run are between 100k to 500k. If you're coming from an iphone where the goal is to see if you can download more apps than your other iphone friends, then the bb isn't for you. If you find 10-20 really useful apps on the bb that you want to keep and use, you should have no worries about having enough memory for them on the bb.
    08-12-09 03:24 PM
    FIRST, I'm a BB noobie. I've only had it about 2 weeks and don't know how I made it this long without one! A VERY COOL TOOL.

SECOND, I want to thank you all right up front for any help you can give me.

I understand that I can use up to a 16GB microSD card for ring tones, pics, video, etc., but can't use it to store APPs? Am I missing something here?

If the internal memory is only 256k (correct?), how many APPs will the BB hold? When I reach that capacity will I need to delete some APPs to add others? Is there a way to increase the memory capacity?

I maybe totally off base with this, but would appreciate any help or clarification. I try a few searches and didn't find a post that addressed this.

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!

I noticed no one has yet answered the part of your question in bold. As others have said, you shouldn't have any issue running out of space for apps, unless you install about 10000 - but IF you do, yes, you'd need to delete some apps to add others. And at the moment there isn't any way to increase the app memory capacity.
    08-12-09 03:39 PM
    kjjb0204, rev3, and danoh

Your replies solved my problem. 256MEG was the key with APPs anywhere from 100k to 1MB. I have plenty of room!

I still am a little confused about the whole BB APP WORLD thing, but that's really not an issue right now. THANKS TO ALL! (danoh, I know how to scan that avitar)
    08-12-09 03:45 PM
    I would say on average you are looking at around 350k for a mid sized app. As others said, a few are around the 1MB mark, and some are below 100k.

For the heck of it, assume every app is 500k. In that case, it would take 512 apps to fill the 256Mb ...
    08-12-09 03:48 PM
    You'll run out of quality apps to download before you run out of memory.
    08-12-09 04:26 PM
    kjjb0204, rev3, and danoh

Your replies solved my problem. 256MEG was the key with APPs anywhere from 100k to 1MB. I have plenty of room!

I still am a little confused about the whole BB APP WORLD thing, but that's really not an issue right now. THANKS TO ALL! (danoh, I know how to scan that avitar)
    Download the BB App World from the blackberry website, and use it, with your paypal account, to download apps (there are a few other options as well, including a CrackBerry app store).

In the newest update of BB App World, you have the ability to download (or archive) apps to your media card. You cannot run them from it, but if you ever decide to reinstall them, you can do so immediately without needing to re-download first.
    08-12-09 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD