I have the following apps purchased, and would like to just get your opinions if there is anything else I might want to consider. Please do not tell me about apps that only work in the USA or Europe such as Poynt or Waze, as much as I love them, I have contacted their support and was informed that they are not working in Dubai ATM, but will be in the future...

My Apps:

QuickLaunch

Meter Berry

Battery EX

BeBuzz

BerryWeather

FileScout

IMGEDIT

BB Maps

QuickFind

Google Maps

Musical Clock

Crunches (program to help you do those ab exercises)

iBlocker Pro

iNigma Barcode Reader

BrainWave Tuner

Wallpaper Changer Pro

TuneIn Radio

Fancy Characters

PhotoQuest

Aces Jewel Hunt

Angry Farms

Pinball Deluxe
    03-18-11 02:29 PM
    I find MyCart! to be invaluable. It is a free app at the CB store and basically is a shopping/grocery list. You add items and once you've bought it you can check it off. No more scraps of paper with things I need to buy
    Last edited by puddin78; 03-18-11 at 03:06 PM.
    03-18-11 02:49 PM
    I find myCart to be invaluable. It is a free app at the CB store and basically is a shopping/grocery list. You add items and once you've bought it you can check it off. No more scraps of paper with things I need to buy

Thanks! Never thought of that! Will come in handy
    03-18-11 02:51 PM
    myTimes is also a great little free app from the CB store that simply allows you to look at different time zones (if you need to know, or simply want to know, what time it is in other parts of the world lol).

And of course, BattEx
    historianheidi and evil.bunny like this.
    03-18-11 02:52 PM
    Thanks! Never thought of that! Will come in handy
    You're welcome! The other great thing about myCart is that you can make several lists. So I have a Grocery List, Supplies List, To Do list etc...
    03-18-11 02:54 PM
    You're welcome! The other great thing about myCart is that you can make several lists. So I have a Grocery List, Supplies List, To Do list etc...
    I wasn't able to find it on the CB Appstore...

Can you post a link please if you know where it is?
    03-18-11 02:56 PM
    I know you have quick Launch but I would say shortcut me it's pretty cool, specially with the Macro editing and all. There are some cool macro people come up with in the forums and all. I love it, also ScoreMobile is great. Football season I watch my game and then have my phone right there keeping up with the rest of the league.
    03-18-11 03:02 PM
    I wasn't able to find it on the CB Appstore...

Can you post a link please if you know where it is?
    Sure here you go

MyCart - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    03-18-11 03:06 PM
    I know you have quick Launch but I would say shortcut me it's pretty cool, specially with the Macro editing and all. There are some cool macro people come up with in the forums and all. I love it, also ScoreMobile is great. Football season I watch my game and then have my phone right there keeping up with the rest of the league.

I have deeply thought about trying ShorCut Me, but I thought that it wouldn't really offer anything really major on top of quickLaunch....you know what I mean?....
    03-18-11 03:06 PM

This product is not compatible with Bold 9780

It won't work on my Bold 9780 when I tried to download it.
    03-18-11 03:11 PM

It won't work on my Bold 9780 when I tried to download it.
    Oh! So sorry to hear that

Maybe if you contact the dev he will be able to make it available for OS6 devices as well (I am assuming that is why it won't work on yours).
    03-18-11 03:14 PM
    myTimes is also a great little free app from the CB store that simply allows you to look at different time zones (if you need to know, or simply want to know, what time it is in other parts of the world lol).

And of course, BattEx
    With OS6, there is actually a setting in the Clock app to have one alternate time zone; however I have NOT tried it out myself to see how it works or looks.

I love BatteryEx too. A few other apps can now give you Notification area icons with exact battery percentage remaining too, such as MeterBerry and SixTools. But none offer the cool customizations of BattEx's skins, even with only their free version.
    03-18-11 03:19 PM
    Oh! So sorry to hear that

Maybe if you contact the dev he will be able to make it available for OS6 devices as well (I am assuming that is why it won't work on yours).

You're right, it is because of OS 6, ill contact him
    03-18-11 03:19 PM
    With OS6, there is actually a setting in the Clock app to have one alternate time zone; however I have NOT tried it out myself to see how it works or looks.

I love BatteryEx too. A few other apps can now give you Notification area icons with exact battery percentage remaining too, such as MeterBerry and SixTools. But none offer the cool customizations of BattEx's skins, even with only their free version.
    Ah the wonders of OS6 lol! Well if you would like to have MULTIPLE time zones available to you then myTimes is a handy app

And who can beat playing around with BattEx skins!
    03-18-11 03:28 PM
    You're right, it is because of OS 6, ill contact him
    Good luck! I really love that app so hopefully he/she will make it OS6 compatible
    03-18-11 03:29 PM
    Ok, as per elite1's recommendation, I will purchase BatteryEx for the skins alone
    03-18-11 03:39 PM
    Since you have MeterBerry, I won't recommend Six Tools, but would recommend ExtraKeys. Both apps are by ShaoSoft, the same guy that created Crackberry Wallpaper changer. ExtraKeys gives you three extra convenience keys, which I use daily.

I would recommend an app like ICE (from the dreaded Jared Company), just because it might save your life some day. There are several ICE like apps available from Mobihand, that have you write in medical info, allergies, insurance info, next of kin, etc. EMS personnel will look in your phone for such info and if they see something that says ICE (In Case of Emergency), then know more then what they did. If you decide on the Jared Co.'s ICE program, though, I would recommend NOT allowing permissions, as several people have been complaining about the spam they get from Jared.

I would also strongly recommend Pageonce. It comes in both a free version, which is probably adequate for most, and a Pro version. It lets you know the balances in your bank accounts, credit cards, payments made, status of orders, minutes left through your phone's carrier, etc. It has saved my **** countless times. I think its one of the best apps out there.

I also like Vlingo. The Pro version allows me to open texts, emails, etc. all through voice, allowing me to basically be in a hands free situation. I often will get texts from family members that I respond to while driving through Vlingo, instead of texting. Probably still not the safest thing, but much safer than texting and driving. Coupled with Drive Safe.ly, I have the incoming emails read to me and then use Vlingo to send outgoing emails. As with all voice recognition software, however, it is not perfect and will sometimes make horrendous mistakes.

I use Bayalink's Liberty App for tethering. It is great because you can edit all your PIM data on your PC and use your PC browser all through your phone. Comes in handy with my netbook. Only downside is that it is expensive. But it has a thirty day trial period.

I also like Poynt and use it alot to find out phone numbers, nearest cheap gas, movie times and locations, etc. Great app, and can't find a better price.
    03-18-11 05:06 PM
    Since you have MeterBerry, I won't recommend Six Tools, but would recommend ExtraKeys. Both apps are by ShaoSoft, the same guy that created Crackberry Wallpaper changer. ExtraKeys gives you three extra convenience keys, which I use daily.
    SixTools has extra value for Torch users, but yes its best feature is what ExtraKeys does: adding the 3 extra Convenience Keys out the Mute (top right) and Volume Up & Down keys. This is especially helpful for users of the Torch and Style since RIM has only 1 Conv Key on these devices. But of course, users with other devices might enjoy 3 more Conv Keys too!

I would also strongly recommend Pageonce. It comes in both a free version, which is probably adequate for most, and a Pro version. It lets you know the balances in your bank accounts, credit cards, payments made, status of orders, minutes left through your phone's carrier, etc. It has saved my **** countless times. I think its one of the best apps out there.
    I agree with you. Pageonce is one of my most important apps. Try the Free version first. It has 99% of the Premium version's features, except being limited to 5 accounts where the Premium is unlimited.

If you're out of North America, you might want to check out Pageonce - Free Personal Finance Software for Mobile first to see if they support your accounts.

I also like Poynt and use it alot to find out phone numbers, nearest cheap gas, movie times and locations, etc. Great app, and can't find a better price.
    OP mentioned that Poynt won't work outside North America yet, and he's in the Middle East.

But again, I agree with you that this is an awesome app, definitely worthy of the "Super App" designation.
    03-18-11 06:45 PM
    Ok, as per elite1's recommendation, I will purchase BatteryEx for the skins alone
    While I won't discourage you from supporting the dev of this awesome little app, I will point out that you can use skins with the free version.

But the full version is only $1.99, IIRC.
    03-18-11 06:47 PM
    My bad about Poynt, didn't catch that comment, when I first read the post. It is likely that Matrix has already heard of all the apps I posted about, anyway. He's been around for some time. So maybe my post will be useful to newer users.
    03-18-11 07:24 PM
    Second on Vlingo, it's much MUCH better than the built in voice controls. Also Podtrapper, is a great app, it's expensive, but worth it, it is THE best podcast app. And finally Tether (WHEN they put it on sale for 50% off cause it REAL REAL expensive), which lets you tether your BB to your laptop for free, and share it's internet connection.
    03-18-11 07:56 PM
    How do you think Blackberry's new Podcasts app?
    03-18-11 08:33 PM
    Good luck! I really love that app so hopefully he/she will make it OS6 compatible

The developer replied back to me within 5 minutes saying that he will make it OS 6 compatible soon! Talk about great support! even paid app developers dont reply to u these days!
    03-18-11 11:55 PM
    How do you think Blackberry's new Podcasts app?
    It will do in a pinch, but it's no Podtrapper!
    03-19-11 12:00 AM
    While I won't discourage you from supporting the dev of this awesome little app, I will point out that you can use skins with the free version.

But the full version is only $1.99, IIRC.

I bought it since it's cheap anyway,

Can you help me out of how can I get some icons to choose from for the homescreen icon?

I'd appreciate it if you can give me a quick guide since i'm new to this battery ex app.
    03-19-11 12:01 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD