It seems that with each new OS leak people are asking if the "holding mute" button functions as a method to put the phone to sleep and it still doesn't obviously. I would love to buy a sleek case for the phone but feel my battery drains to quickly without the OEM leather case with the sleep function.

My question is...

is it possible to make an application that allows the mute button to do what it does on every other blackberry?
    02-04-09 03:36 PM
    ive been wondering the same thing, is there an app that will put the phone to sleep so i dont have to use the oem case? maybe like an app that has a time out function and after that it will goto sleep and all the ring or message alerts will ring the way you have set it in "in holster mode"?
    07-03-09 01:38 PM
    RIM just needs to get it together and implement the hold-mute-so-sleep function for the Storm. Every other BB that I'm aware of does it, I don't know why they didn't do it here.
    07-03-09 09:50 PM
    I am currently using the bold and when I hold the mute button it doesn't put the phone to sleep but to standby instead because last I tested when in that mode the none of my "in holster" alert tones go off it remains the same, "out of holster" mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 09:55 PM
    I am currently using the bold and when I hold the mute button it doesn't put the phone to sleep but to standby instead because last I tested when in that mode the none of my "in holster" alert tones go off it remains the same, "out of holster" mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    True, I think technically it's not "sleep mode" that holding down the mute button puts the phone into - it's a separate "standby mode." That's the way it is for most models, if I'm not mistaken. Now that I think about it, though, I'm not sure if "standby mode" offers the same power-saving as sleep mode.
    07-03-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD