Just wondering if anyone knows if it's out there? I can go to the site on my BB, but it doesn't seem to work very well, as in, it's not too mobile-friendly.

Anyone know?

Thanks!
    07-10-08 09:56 AM
    That would be a reall interesting concept! I wonder if there is a diet tracking app, or software... hmmm

I know WeightWatchers uses the point system so it would be nice to be able to enter in a food item or be able to search an online database to find point info

My girlfriend is into all this stuff... if I can find something for when she gets her Pearl, she would be thrilled!

All I found so far is this... Ascendo Fitness for BlackBerry - Medical BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 07-10-08 at 10:01 AM.
    07-10-08 09:59 AM
    After some searching... I found an old app someone developed and then had to remove due to legal threats from Weight Watchers. I then proceeded to search and search until I found this link (New Page 1)

You can DL and install from there and lemme know how it goes It is a WW Calculator!
    07-10-08 10:10 AM
    Thanks bmcclure937!!! Awesome Find--Just dowloaded the calculator and it works great!! now I will not have to carry my book around with me.
    07-10-08 11:19 AM
    Thanks bmcclure937!!! Awesome Find--Just dowloaded the calculator and it works great!! now I will not have to carry my book around with me.
    By any chance... can you please post screen shots?! I have not used the app, but want to see what it is like!

If you have not done a screen shot from your Berry before...

Get JL_cmdr
    Plug berry into USB
    Run cmdr and take screen shot
    Load to imageshack (or some image hosting site)
    Post image here!!
    07-10-08 11:38 AM
    Ummm, this may sound dumb but how do I get jr cmdr?
    I'm kinda new at this, never put up a screen shot before, If you can walk me thru I would be glad to put up screen shots for ya, Then I will know how to post other screen shots!!!!
    07-10-08 01:17 PM
    Ummm, this may sound dumb but how do I get jr cmdr?
    I'm kinda new at this, never put up a screen shot before, If you can walk me thru I would be glad to put up screen shots for ya, Then I will know how to post other screen shots!!!!
    First of all, you need to get this little small app for your PC. It allows you to take screen shots and do other things on your Berry!!

JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility

Then you connect your Berry, open the app you want on the Berry (as it will take a screen shot of whatever is showing)... then open JL_cmdr and follow the prompts to take a screen shot.

(WARNING : First time through, be careful because you can wipe your device if you hit the wrong buttons... but they warn you as well, so do not worry!)

This screen shot is opened in Paint, so go to File > Save As...

Save the screen shot and load to ImageShack® - Image Hosting Accounts are free... and you can use for a lot of images. Then get the URL for the image and post it in the forum!!

Not too hard, huh? And you can do a lot with it
    07-10-08 01:22 PM
    Ok, at image shack now, how to I post the URL address?
    It gives me options at the bottom HTML, Forum, Alt formum, instant message ect
    07-10-08 01:55 PM
    Now its asking me to place in blog or profile, I dont see crackberry, I think I did something wrong==oops, bare with me here.
    07-10-08 01:58 PM

Woo Hoo, I did it, thanks for all your help, Here it is!!!
    Last edited by strevi69; 07-10-08 at 08:59 PM. Reason: did not get to reply, picture did not show
    07-10-08 02:07 PM

Woo Hoo, I did it, thanks for all your help, Here it is!!!
    Awesome!! Thanks a lot for the screen shot??

Is that the main UI for the app then? And great job figuring out the screen shot!! I am sorry I did not follow up on the thread and help you out... but that is perfect!!

sweet, thanks for contributing!! and screenshots are so helpful to be able to do, so glad you could learn along the way!
    07-11-08 07:29 AM
    I'm so glad that I found this, but I'm fairly new to all of this and don't understand how to get it downloaded to your bb. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    07-11-08 04:52 PM
    Very cool find. I'm still new to all of this. I feel like (and am I guess) a total noob to the BB world.
    07-11-08 05:02 PM
    You follow the link I provided... then go to the link for the WW Calculator or whatever they call it on the website. I am not sure if you can install directly to your Berry if you go there from your device or not. Most likely you are gonna DL a .zip file to your computer, unzip it and run DesktopManager to install...

Lecture 9: How To Install and Manage Third Party Software Applications On Your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    07-11-08 05:22 PM
    [QUOTE=bmcclure937;485124]You follow the link I provided... then go to the link for the WW Calculator or whatever they call it on the website. I am not sure if you can install directly to your Berry if you go there from your device or not. Most likely you are gonna DL a .zip file to your computer, unzip it and run DesktopManager to install...

Thanks so much!
    07-11-08 05:40 PM

Thanks so much!
    No prob man!! Enjoy!!
    07-11-08 05:50 PM
    I am interested in the calculator. How do I download it? Do I save it to a file on my pc and then open via manager? Or do I download it directly to my bb? My computer does not recognize the program. Sorry I am not as skilled with this as I would like to be.
    07-13-08 09:18 PM
    Please refer to my post (#14) in this thread... it explains how to get it on your Berry

And I provided the link for the actual program in another post in the thread as well
    07-14-08 01:27 AM
    Be aware....the WW points calculator does not give you true point values. Something is wrong with the algorithm. I have an original WW points calculator, and compared its point value to the one I downloaded on my BB, and they came up with two different point values for the same food. Just a heads up!
    07-15-08 05:35 PM
    Be aware....the WW points calculator does not give you true point values. Something is wrong with the algorithm. I have an original WW points calculator, and compared its point value to the one I downloaded on my BB, and they came up with two different point values for the same food. Just a heads up!
    Thanks for the notice!! I guess that could be a really bad thing!!

I did not mean to mess up anyone's Weight Watcher, just trying to share the application love... but that is a good heads up!!

Care to share more details? I am wondering how far off it is? And what side it errors on, etc!
    07-15-08 05:50 PM
    Great find bmmclure
    07-15-08 05:50 PM
    I've had one for a long time that you can put on your computer...I can share if you PM me but not for the BB
    07-15-08 06:04 PM
    I've had one for a long time that you can put on your computer...I can share if you PM me but not for the BB
    My girlfriend already has a couple little Java-based websites I found for her that she uses occasionally. Thanks for the offer!
    07-15-08 06:17 PM
    this looks promising as wellTotal Fitness (Blackberry) - Download
    08-19-08 03:57 PM
    The formula for calculating points is as follows:

Points = a/50 + b/12 -c/5

Let a = calories
    Let b = fat grams
    Let c = fiber grams (max 4)

standard rounding applies (i.e. +/- .5)

Just plug this into excel and make yourself a little spreadsheet.
    Hope this helps
    08-19-08 04:10 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD