Hi peeps,

Does anyone have a possible link to the ww points calc please, as it seems the original link is now dead....

much appreciated if anyone can help...

ttfn
    04-17-09 01:40 PM
    The website moved but the download is still available.
    Try here

livingscrapbooks.tripod.com/pearlvideo.htm

just add the http stuff to the front

Enjoy
    04-26-09 10:32 AM
    That. Is. Ridicoulous
    04-26-09 10:59 PM
    I've always used this website to get the points on items in popular restaurants.

Since this is my first post I can't post the link but if you google "Dotti's Weight Loss Zone - Restaurants A-Z, Weight Watcher and Nutritional Info" You'll find the link there.

It's a great site and is always updated.
    05-08-09 11:06 AM
    It's awesome to find the point calculator for the BB. Does anyone have info on where to find the daily point tracker, like what you can find for the palm pilot?

Thanks!
    05-08-09 09:04 PM
    So, forgive my ignorance. Got my first BB two days ago and thought, "Hey, this would be a great way to keep track of my WW points and not have to carry the old points tracker." I searched out some info and found the references to the website with the points calculator. Downloaded the files, or at least thought I did, to my pc and unzipped them. Tried to load them on my BB using the desktop manager and got the message "No additional applications designed for your device were found." I don't know if there is a problem with my pointcalculator.alx file or if I am just not getting it. Any advice? ... Other than eat less and exercise more!
    05-28-09 12:58 AM
    In order to install software on your device, you first must download a copy of the OS you have on your phone. Then you must install the OS on your computer. So find the OS for your curve (should be available on your carriers BB site). Download and then install it. Then run DM again to install the WW point calc.
    05-28-09 08:28 AM
    Will try it...thanks.
    05-28-09 09:38 PM
    Any update to this... I can't believe WW has not released an app for this crap.
    06-03-09 05:49 AM
    These are old posts and links don't seem to exist. Is there anything still out there or something new?
    06-05-09 06:17 AM
    That was the saddest thing I ever heard "Jizz". Exercise and low caloric intake alone won't help you lose weight. In fact, your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto fat more. WW doesn't just look at calories. It balances all the nutrients and makes the user figure out portions. That way, some day, the person won't need to "track" points anymore. They have developed a new lifestyle.
    06-07-09 08:53 AM
    I found weightwatchers mobile works great on my bb .. Also dotties wlz!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 09:09 AM
    Any update to this... I can't believe WW has not released an app for this crap.
    The reason WW does not have an offline BB app for this is because they charge a monthly fee to be a member. If they had a downloadable app then users could just quit the program and use the app. I found this VERY frustrating... because I didn't like using the BB web browser to access these tools.

I was so annoyed I wrote my own BB app that calculates the points. I don't think I can distribute it as that would be trademark infridgment....
    07-20-09 10:13 AM
    i use it on my bb everyday, you can use weight watchers mobile at mobile.weightwatchers.com basic functions work great.
    07-20-09 10:31 AM
    i use it on my bb everyday, you can use weight watchers mobile at mobile.weightwatchers.com basic functions work great.
    Does anyone know how to make a launcher for ww mobile?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 04:07 PM
    The reason WW does not have an offline BB app for this is because they charge a monthly fee to be a member. If they had a downloadable app then users could just quit the program and use the app. I found this VERY frustrating... because I didn't like using the BB web browser to access these tools.

I was so annoyed I wrote my own BB app that calculates the points. I don't think I can distribute it as that would be trademark infridgment....
    There is an app for iPhones with WiFi access now though (it uses the WiFi connection to connect to the WW Online or eTools services which probably solves the membership issue), so it would seem the reason for not having one for BlackBerry would likely be more technical related..
    11-18-09 02:14 PM
    Lets take this to 3rd Party Apps

EDIT: Or another mod will beat me to it.
    11-18-09 02:15 PM
    My wife is doing weight watchers, and I do a little programming. So i adapted a free tip calculator to work with weight watchers points. I have tested it against my wife's small carry along calculator and everything works great (including a maximum of 4 g fiber no matter how many servings you input). A few notes; you can accumulate your totals just by hitting the accumulate button, but if you close the app or reset your phone those totals are lost. I am working on making them persistent but that is taking some time since java is not my primary programming language. Also any filed can be manually updated simply by backspacing and typing over it, I did this so you can just type in your total points and accumulate or type in your accumulated total in case you do reset your phone. If anyone is interested I can email a link, I will not put up a link since it seems weight watchers comes after anyone doing this.

I do not post a lot so some pics can be found at askthechad.com/wwcalc.jpg
    03-29-10 11:37 AM
    I don't do Weight Watchers, but I do journal my food (and track my exercise) and the program I've been using calculates WW points ... it might be helpful to some of you. The program is called Calorie Counter by Fat Secret and is free through Blackberry App World. You can also keep track of your diet and through their site All Things Food and Diet - FatSecret or their Facebook page called My Diet. All 3 sync together so if you enter on one, it shows on the others. I mainly use the BB app and there are thousands of foods in their database or you can enter a new one in very easily and it will calculate WW points based on the information entered.
    03-29-10 11:57 AM
    elle,
    looks like a great app, my wife's biggest problem was walking threw the supermarket which always seems to have horrid cell signal and wanting to calculate the WW points. Weight watchers mobile can calculate points but again poor signal, she did not always have her separate WW calc but did have her BB with her, so that is where the calculator on the BB comes in handy. The Fat Secret App seems to be web based so all its info comes off the web.
    03-29-10 12:33 PM
    elle,
    looks like a great app, my wife's biggest problem was walking threw the supermarket which always seems to have horrid cell signal and wanting to calculate the WW points. Weight watchers mobile can calculate points but again poor signal, she did not always have her separate WW calc but did have her BB with her, so that is where the calculator on the BB comes in handy. The Fat Secret App seems to be web based so all its info comes off the web.
    It does store your favorites in the app itself so you don't have to search for them every time, but, yes, if you need to search the database you'd need an internet connection.
    03-29-10 03:07 PM
    I built something to track your eating and to help you calculate the points. You can read a little about it here:
    Product List

And download the free version by pointing your Blackberry browser at:
    http://www.kaediil.com/DietTracker/DietTracker.jad

-frank
    03-29-10 11:18 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD