Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-20-10 08:06 PM
27 12
tools
    I know these are out there...and not always easy to come by.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
    02-09-09 10:58 PM
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like BlackBerry has any Weight Watchers applications. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 12:17 AM
    I know these are out there...and not always easy to come by.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

I don't think there are any out there for WW at this time. Because WW charges for their online web access; it is probably quite difficult and possibly illegal for someone to make such an app without WW approval.

I have seen other calorie counters and things like that while searching for free BB apps, you may find something in a search that isn't so focused on WW. Just an idea.......

~Jazzi~

02-10-09 09:11 AM

I have seen other calorie counters and things like that while searching for free BB apps, you may find something in a search that isn't so focused on WW. Just an idea...

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Not really Weight Watchers, but something where I could track points or foods, etc.
    I do it fine on paper, but it would be convenient on my BB.
    Currently, if I'm out of the house, I jot down a note in Notes and transfer it to my notebook when I get home...but yeah, an app like that would rock.

Where's a good place to search for free/inexpensive apps?
    02-11-09 12:08 PM
    not really an app comment, but have you ever seen the Trim Advantage System?
    02-11-09 12:19 PM
    No. Are you talking about a diet system?
    Why in the world would someone want a useless, expensive fad diet system when WW points WORKS, and doesn't require you to buy their products to lose weight?!

02-11-09 02:02 PM
    I have a link for a WW point counter that I had bookmarked since last year, I still have it on my phone and it works great...I dont know if link still works but you can try and d/l it. clink on the WW calculator line....Hope it helps

New Page 1
    02-11-09 02:38 PM
    Handango Mobile has several Health & Fitness apps but they're not free.

Handango InHand

02-11-09 02:51 PM
    Thanks so much, strevi, but it didn't work.
    I do appreciate it though!!

02-11-09 02:53 PM
    . You could also check if Att/cingular offer an app store like do Sprint. I remember seeing an app that counts calories. I believe it's called Ascendo Fitness. If that doesn't work, you could always check Splash Software and give their Splashshopper a spin. It's supposed to be a more advanced list maker, but I think it can be used to do other things too. you can check this one out too

DietOrganizer BlackBerry - Diet Software Calorie Counter for Weight Loss
    Last edited by saqer; 02-11-09 at 03:55 PM.
    02-11-09 03:51 PM
    *stuffs his third sausage and bacon baguette for the day....* Does that count as 3 points? :-D
    02-11-09 04:20 PM
    I have the WW point calculator. E-mail me at gregh.de@gmail.com and I'll send it to you if you want. Install it using DTM.

Also if you got to http://mobile.weightwatchers.com you can access your on-line account with them to track points and do a bunch of other stuff. Check it out if you haven't yet. (You will need to sign up with your desktop computer and have a monthly subscription to WW) - so this may not apply to you.

Other than that I haven't found anything else. I've combed the web carefully trying to find more but haven't.

Good Luck!
    02-12-09 07:37 AM
    yes...soda, i am talking about a diet system...that works...and you don't spend any more money. unless you don't eat. and they pay you as well...which is a plus.
    02-13-09 01:02 PM
    On my palm, I had a great app:diet and excercise assist from Keyoe Software. It was great, I could add foods and it allowed for excercise. I have bugged them constantly for a bberry version. I have an email from they saying they are working on a version for us.

Doesn't help right now.

02-13-09 01:45 PM
    On my palm, I had a great app:diet and excercise assist from Keyoe Software. It was great, I could add foods and it allowed for excercise. I have bugged them constantly for a bberry version. I have an email from they saying they are working on a version for us.

Doesn't help right now.

I came from a Palm Treo also and used their app to lose over 50 lbs! It's simple, works great, and has a desktop version to sync with (well, with the Palm version).

When I emailed them late last year around September/October, they told me Q1 2009 for a BB version. They wanted to finish the iPhone version first.
    02-13-09 05:06 PM
    same thing they told me. Wonder if they are just blowing smoke?

02-13-09 05:12 PM
    Been looking.. Don't know if this is something you'd use, but here's a link..

Weight Watchers Points Calculator (webpage, not app)

Found some apps that say they're what you want, but I'm assuming you want freeware and not have to pay.
    02-13-09 06:48 PM
    I just joined WW and love their mobile site

02-13-09 07:05 PM
    I use FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal from the BOLT browser and it works great.

02-13-09 07:12 PM
    just tried this link and the program is really great. It doesn't follow weight watchers points but you can choose the foods you ate and what excersize you did that day and it will chart your progress in how many calories you burned and how many calories you consumed. It also breaks it down into proteins, and carbs. It also lets you set a goal and it will track your progress for you depending on what you have entered in for that day. I like it, it's worth trying.
    04-04-09 11:51 AM
    If you download Blackberry App World from the Blackberry website to your BB they have a free download called Calorie Counter by FatSecret. You can log all of your daily food intake and the system they use also calculates WW points in addition to being able to track intake, exercise & personal goal info.

Hope this helps
    05-13-09 03:00 PM
    i sooo need this to. ww just came out wiht a new app for iphone. why not black berry. so annoying. the mobile ww site kinda sucks
    09-28-09 11:38 AM
    try spark people - there is an app for that
    12-01-10 07:59 PM
    An outfit called Vimukti Technologies has a points calculator here, but it's for the old and now-defunct Points system. They've got a Contact Us tab on their site -- maybe if we point-counters bombard them with requests, they'll make us a new app!

The new WW mobile site is a definite improvement over the old, but sometimes I just want to drop into the points calculator without going online (S L O W!!!), especially when shopping and comparing different food items.

Speak up and be heard ...
    12-19-10 07:56 PM
    Calorie Counter by Fat Secret is a great way to track a diet. They also list the WW points on the info screen. Best of all it is free. The only draw back I can find is that it only runs on your carrier data, no wi-fi. Give it a shot you'll like it.
    12-19-10 10:35 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD