The next version will have that capability. I'm hoping to get it out today.

-frank

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I just sent you an email directly about adding this feature! Sorry to have bugged you directly.

BTW, those other two programs on your site look pretty cool for those in the fire and rescue service.
    02-20-10 10:51 AM
    Downloaded the newest version. The ability to add a food that I already know the point value for is great.

However, I noticed when I go to "view foods eaten by date" it shows multiple entries for "Feb 20" (the only day of record I currently have). It seems that each time I add a new food it adds a new date entry....so with 3 foods, there are now 3 complete entries for Feb 20. Basically it shows Feb 20, as if it were 3 different days, with identiical data (3 foods each). I hope that makes sense?
    02-20-10 03:10 PM
    It does. Let me look, sorry.

02-20-10 03:22 PM
    How are you entering the food? For some reason I am not seeing it. Which mechanism for adding a food are you using?

-frank

02-20-10 03:26 PM
    I did it by the new feature where you can add a food and enter the points manually.
    Last edited by superduty1; 02-20-10 at 03:58 PM.
    02-20-10 03:47 PM
    FWIW, I just replicated the problem again.

1. Went in a cleared saved foods (that got rid of all the entries for Feb 20 - clear screen if you go to view food eaten by date).

2. entered a food via Record from saved list.

3. Checked view food eaten by date (all ok)

4. entered a second food via record from saved list.

5. Checked view food eaten by date (all ok)

6. Returned to by BBs home screen.

7. went back into the diet program and checked view food eaten by date (Now I have 2 different entries for Feb 20)

8. entered a third food via record from saved list.

9. Checked view food eaten by date (still 2 entries)

10. Returned to by BBs home screen.

11. went back into the diet program and checked view food eaten by date (Now I have 3 different entries)
    02-20-10 03:58 PM
    Yes, I found it. I am really sorry about that. I think I fixed it in version 4.4 that is up there now. I also fixed a bug where you could not add the same food from the saved list twice in a row.

-frank

02-20-10 04:05 PM
    I just got an email from you, Kaedill, that you fixed the bug...I downloaded it and it looks to have fixed the issue. WOW, you are quick.

If I accidentally "record a food from saved list" is there any way to delete it? i.e., delete a food from "view food eaten by date" (or do I have to now eat the food, haha).
    02-20-10 04:06 PM
    Delete and edit are next on the list of tasks along with a mechanism I found to search an online database of foods that you can then add.

-frank

02-20-10 04:24 PM
    getting close to a being ready for release @ $3.99 on BB app world the online DB search will rock then!! glad I bought in early fro a buck as a beta tester!!! WTG Mr. K
    02-20-10 04:32 PM
    I'd like other WW users to chime in if they see value in requesting combining exercise negative points with food positive points as a daily calculation.
    So now that you have the ability in 4.4 to add foods with points directly (see, I knew you could do it ), could I add an exercise activity as a food entry with negative points?
    For example using your calculator, for my 170 lbs, 30 minutes heavy (in my case cycling @ 14 MPH) is -3 points (actually must be 3.5 'cause 60 minutes=7 pts). So if I can add that to my saved food list, then I can display on daily screen to subtract exercise points from the food intake. All you need to do (forgive me, I have NO clue how complicated this feature request really is) is allow a negative points value assignment in the food points field (or calories for those that count those things).
    Or keep your entry screens to allow the exercise calculator to run as is but calculate the exercise points as subtractions in the daily report.
    02-20-10 05:13 PM
    I can make that an option. If you want exercise to show up as negative points on the main daily screen.

On the 3 vs 3.5 I was taking the conservative approach of rounding down since one website I saw suggested most people overestimate their level of intensity

-frank

02-20-10 06:27 PM
    I just did a nine mile hike on snow and ice. Elevation gain was about 2200 feet. I took 3 hours (according to gpslogger). I'm still trying to figure out how I want to deal with the points or NEGATIVE points of that endeavor. When I used paper when I started the program, I would subtract the points - but it was more for information than doing the total calculation. I tried NOT eating those points, at least, not all of them.
    02-20-10 06:43 PM
    Just sent in my payment... Thanks Frank!... been looking for an app like this for a while.
    02-21-10 12:04 AM
    Possible MENU issue - it may be by design.

When I open the app, there is a BLUE highlight over the word "FOOD." As I scroll right to "Exercise" the the letters get a bit brighter but not very discernable but the blue highlight stays on "Food" and same as I scroll further right. But when I click on Exercise, it then turns blue. I can see the BLUE shows which menu is active but I guess I expected the blue to move. Or, maybe make the word stand out more as the scroll moves to it.

Like it.
    02-21-10 09:37 AM
    Possible MENU issue - it may be by design.

When I open the app, there is a BLUE highlight over the word "FOOD." As I scroll right to "Exercise" the the letters get a bit brighter but not very discernable but the blue highlight stays on "Food" and same as I scroll further right. But when I click on Exercise, it then turns blue. I can see the BLUE shows which menu is active but I guess I expected the blue to move. Or, maybe make the word stand out more as the scroll moves to it.

Like it.
    I also am liking the program, but would also prefer a greater distinction when selecting the other menus. I have a hard time disiguishing what menu I'm on as the change from bright white to the only slighter dimmer white is hard to see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 10:07 AM
    Ok, the blue is not supposed to move. It is the indication of which "tab" or screen you are on. What I did was make the focused color black. So now if you scroll away from the blue tab, it will be black, see attached screenshot.

-frank
    02-21-10 09:26 PM
    That looks distinct enough. We shall see.
    02-21-10 09:50 PM
    Hey, gang, v4.5 is now available. I will send out an email to all paid customers tomorrow as well. The major changes:

1) More distinctive indication of currently highlighted tab vs currently selected tab.

2) Ability to decide if exercise should count as a negative points - defaults to false. Will only show up if you also have food recorded for that date.

4) Some more bug fixes especially in the area of the exercise stuff.

Pick it up in the normal location:
    http://www.kaediil.com/DietTracker/DietTracker.jad

This is going to be the last version for a bit while I work out the much more complicated online search and database edit features. Then the price will increase

I may also create a new thread simply because new people may ignore this thread since it is getting too long. If I do I will also add that to the email for paying customers.

-frank
    02-22-10 10:15 PM
    If I update to this new version will my current data be wiped out? i.e., my points for the last couple of days and or "saved" foods?

TIA
    02-22-10 10:33 PM
    It will all be saved. To be extra safe just email yourself a copy.

-frank

02-22-10 10:44 PM
    I just ordered.... hope this is what I am looking for!
    03-26-10 08:58 AM
    Hey Kaediil,

Weight Watchers hasn't emailed you about this yet?
    03-26-10 09:34 AM
    thanks Frank! I'm very interested in a database option (so I don't have to remember the points for everything I eat).

Thanks!
    03-29-10 03:10 PM
    ShimmyShine, no WW has not noticed me so far.

As for the database, I am working on it, but the places I was going to access are not working out so far. If you purchase the paid version at least you can save your foods as you enter them in. Oh, and life has crashed in on my time for doing apps too.

-frank
    03-29-10 11:23 PM
110 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD