I seem to be running in to a number of issues getting WebMessenger and Skype running; there's an oddly limited amount of talk about it online too, pro or con, which seems weird. Personally I have a Blackberry Curve 8320, and being able to use Skype over wifi would be enormously useful for me.

First, with Skype runing I run the WebMessenger for Skype plugin and let authorize Skype authorize it; when I click "Connect" though it just says "Connecting..." and never goes any farther than that. Skype logs out when I start it, but that's all.

Logging in to WebMessenger Mobile (aka Fuze Messenger) I don't see any options for Skype. The docs (which are quite old, I note) indicate there should be two WebMessenger icons; one with an S next to it that is Skype-only and one that has everything. I don't have the former, and the latter has no mention of Skype anywhere.

Does anyone have this working right?
    11-24-09 12:16 PM
    Just got a message back from WebMessenger; they've discontinued the Skype functionality. So the couple of hours I spent yesterday trying to get it to work was for naught.
    11-24-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD