thats pretty neat!
    12-03-08 12:00 AM
    DM this is great news, but when is start my cam i jus stays at "starting web cam". My phone on the othe hand is able to get peoples cams wich is great. Do you know what could be the problem? thanks
    12-20-08 10:40 PM
    Does this work for the Storm?
    12-22-08 04:58 AM
    Wow this is pretty much awesome. I tried it out and it works great!

Instead of the OP, i went to their website to download the program to my computer here LiveStream - expanding mobility

just go there, download the program to your computer, create an account, download the app to your phone, start the webcam stream on your computer, and load it up on your phone!

it's choppy, but its free
    01-29-09 10:03 PM
    I was able to load the client (using Detman101's zip file and DM) on my Blackberry Bold but when I start it and enter the credentials all I get is constant: "validating connectivity..." on a white screen and that's it.
    I used the credentials I created on their website (free account).

Any idea?
    02-01-09 09:27 AM
    hmm... does it work for bold? since 9000 is not mentioned on the list there..
    02-03-09 07:07 AM
    hmm... does it work for bold? since 9000 is not mentioned on the list there..
    I used this on my curve before and loved it. It allowed me to wake up the pc from a standby mode since it has a option to turn the camera on/off manually or leave it set up to wake up on motion detect (this was actually my preferred setting). Mobiscope, which I purchased and it's the only alternative I've found, requires you to leave everything on. This is not practical for someone who is not going to use a dedicated system like me. By non dedicated I mean I use the webcams in my computer at home and in my office for surveillance, not any professional equipment. I think those of us who are bold, storm and 89XX users should write to their support team so they see a demand and repackage the software to work on our devices. Let's take the initiative and write them. I know I�ll be doing that right after this post.

mailto:[email protected]
    02-04-09 01:43 AM
    Hi there,
    I am a newbie to Blackberry (I have the "world") and I have a question about live-stream cam.

What I am looking to do specifically is to be able to watch my barn cam on my blackberry. I was told that I may have to upgrade to the storm to do this. I am willing to do - if it will work.

My barn cam is hosted by MARESTARE.com which is a live streaming service.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks tons!
    02-06-09 05:59 PM
    it was working now i keep getting this error when i try to log in on my BB .... uncaught exception java.lang.illegalthreadstateException ??????
    02-08-09 01:56 PM
    This is just TOOO cool!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 11:41 PM
    I was able to load the client (using Detman101's zip file and DM) on my Blackberry Bold but when I start it and enter the credentials all I get is constant: "validating connectivity..." on a white screen and that's it.
    I used the credentials I created on their website (free account).

Any idea?
    Is your firewall ON or OFF?

The only way that I can get LiveStream to work with my pearl is to have the firewall ON and give it full security permissions (All ALLOW)

Dm

02-23-09 09:41 AM
    Greetings,

I have come upon a great live-webcam software product that allows you to view AND HEAR your webcam from your cellphone. It is called "LiveStream" and it's awesome.

I found the program on Getjar.com and converted the files to work with blackberries and packaged it for storage. Then I thought, why not share this with everyone. So I then re-packaged it for distribution and uploaded it to Mediafire.

It is located here: Livestream.zip

The zipfile contains the files you need to install the application on your blackberry via Desktop manager, And it also contains the software you need to have on the computer to interface with your webcam.

After installing the software on your blackberry and your computer/laptop you will have to go to the website LiveStream - expanding mobility and register.

After registering, you can then start the software on your computer and select your webcam (Or if you only have one it will select it for you).

Then fire up the software on your blackberry and enter the email address and password that you used to register with. The blackberry software will list all of the available cameras (That are public and listed. Mine is in there too... )

*You also have the option of entering your registration/login info on the website and viewing your webcam from there.*

Select your camera from the list and VIOLA...live webcam feed direct to your blackberry.
    You can select to capture the video and audio to a location on your computer if you want to keep the feed.
    You can also enable and disable streaming audio from your phone or computer.

And the best thing... ITS FREE!!!

Dm

I followed your instruction all the way (downloading, installing, registering, open here and there) on my PC when I click the start button it tells me to either mark my camera as public or go to the website and pay for it. I did mark it as public and guess what? Still telling me it's a prepaid s..t.
    Have I missed anything?

follow me on Twitter / krisztibi
    02-25-09 11:06 PM
    I followed your instruction all the way (downloading, installing, registering, open here and there) on my PC when I click the start button it tells me to either mark my camera as public or go to the website and pay for it. I did mark it as public and guess what? Still telling me it's a prepaid s..t.
    Have I missed anything?

follow me on Twitter / krisztibi

Well, I don't know what to tell you.
    You must have selected a bandwidth/pipe speed that is not allowable for the free version or chosen some other modification that requires payment.
    There are many other users of the service on here that can testify that payment is not a requirement.

Go back to your account settings (On the website) and make sure you pick the lowest options for all possibilities. That is the only way to receive the free service.

My advice would be to set everything up on the website before even turning on the downloaded Blackberry App.
    If you can operate your camera from the website, then you know that everything is setup properly for you to access the service on your berry.

Dm
    02-26-09 08:19 AM
    love this software since mobiscope isnt a live feed, just motion trigger vids send to device to review, not live... unless Im wrong.
    :/
    04-16-09 04:01 AM
    is your webcam secure ? I mean can anyone access it ?

04-16-09 04:36 AM
    Very cool thanks a lot got it too work

04-16-09 08:35 AM
    When i go to log in from my Bold, it says server inaccessable....hmmmmm... And I cant seem to find my cam on my PC when i log into my account.. Any suggestions?
    04-16-09 03:37 PM
    Any bold users get this to work?? I'm having no luck.. Will delete the app for now.. bummed...
    04-16-09 03:43 PM
    I upgraded to the premium service thinking the quality would be better and it would buffer less. That was not the case. I also keep getting, "Uncaught exception: Application livestream(138) is not responding; process terminated" on my 8330.

ANy ideas on how to not get that error anymore? Thanks!
    04-16-09 06:50 PM
    love this software since mobiscope isnt a live feed, just motion trigger vids send to device to review, not live... unless Im wrong.
    :/
    did you get it to work on the storm? mine gave me an error. shows my camera in choice field. device attached to this system not functioning. now got it to work but pix is really pixelated. can't get to options to adjust picture and frame rate. they are sitting at 40% and 50%.
    Last edited by moedaddy2121; 04-16-09 at 09:21 PM.
    04-16-09 08:28 PM
    Hi, I've got the Bold and have tried dowloading the livestream app via my phone and with the desktop software and cannot get either to work, usually one flips to the white screen and 'tries' validating connection but nothing happens or I get the 'illegal ......blah blah' error message. Currently getting this error message when trying to start the app: 'CommandListener. SELECT_COMMAND not found.

Anyone got it to work on the Bold yet????

Cheers
    04-27-09 08:40 AM
    1. Start the Program on your computer
    2. Make sure the correct cam is selected
    3. Go to "Profile"
    4. Make sure cam is set for "Public"
    5. View on BB Application
    6. Enjoy!

That's the only draw back to this being free is that your cam is public, so make it something you don't mind everyone seeing! Mine is my front door...useful, can see if somebody I don;t like is there without going to the computer, i.e. from the couch!
    This works with the Storm excellently

For a month's subscription its only $2.99 which isn't bad at all if you want a month to play around with it. This also gives you the option of having 2 cams set up and viewable at once.
    08-09-09 01:42 AM
    I don't suppose this works on a Mac?
    12-01-09 02:02 PM
    Can I use this software on my storm to view a webcam at home on my laptop?

C
    02-14-10 10:13 AM
    anybody have any suggestions to get these cams to work on a blackberry?

Hi there,
    I am a newbie to Blackberry (I have the "world") and I have a question about live-stream cam.

What I am looking to do specifically is to be able to watch my barn cam on my blackberry. I was told that I may have to upgrade to the storm to do this. I am willing to do - if it will work.

My barn cam is hosted by MARESTARE.com which is a live streaming service.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks tons!
    03-09-10 01:25 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD