Hey there fellow CrackBerry Users!

It seems I got myself into a spot once again, I tried to Subscribe to the new AccuWeather Web Signals push service from my BB tonight. Everything started out great with the process. I choose to subscribe, I clicked Accept on the T&C page and then I got to the page where I was supposed to put in my home zip code but it wouldn't finish loading all the way.

Here is where it all went wrong (I guess), I tried to start the process over again and when I get to the part where I choose Accept on the T&C page, then the pages changes to an error page and it says that I needed to accept the T&C to use the Pushmark application and it won't ever allow me to get past this no matter how many times I click the Accept button on the previous page.

It's not a big deal, but I would like to have this on my BB (get the most of my addiction), but now it seems like I have been black balled from the service.

Any suggestions on what went wrong and/or how I can get back on track.

Thanks as always for your advice on these "pressing" matters.
    Last edited by DocMarten98; 10-24-08 at 08:45 PM.
    10-24-08 08:42 PM
    Have you tried unsubscribing from the service and then signing back up?

btw, I signed up for accuweather 5 hours ago and have yet to see an icon on my phone. In the subscription list it shows though so I guess I just need to wait it out.
    10-24-08 09:12 PM
    I signed up about an hour ago and the icon automatically showed up on my screen. The icon changes with the current weather conditions.
    10-24-08 09:18 PM
    Have you tried unsubscribing from the service and then signing back up?

btw, I signed up for accuweather 5 hours ago and have yet to see an icon on my phone. In the subscription list it shows though so I guess I just need to wait it out.
    I don't have any kind of Icon to use to unsubscribe and since it "thinks" I declined the T&Cs, I doubt that I will get an icon pushed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 09:54 PM
    Same thing happened to me with the Routers app. Its been over 5 hours and still no icon. When I tried to sign up again, I got the same screen saying I need to accept the t&c's. How do you unsubscribe so I can try it again?

10-24-08 10:04 PM
    using your bb browser go here to see a list of subscriptions and also where you can unsubscribe;

http://push.na.blackberry.com/mss/PM_subList
    10-24-08 10:12 PM
    using your bb browser go here to see a list of subscriptions and also where you can unsubscribe;

Thx for another great peace of information from the world of BB.
    (wow all the stuff you learn here)

It says I am subscribed but since installed 12 hours ago no icon or whatsoever for me yet.
    10-25-08 03:54 AM
    using your bb browser go here to see a list of subscriptions and also where you can unsubscribe
    Awesome, totally awesome!

Thanks a million cian232

That was able to undo my fumble from last night, there is no wonder why this is the best site for CrackBerry Addicts. Everyone here is the BEST

Thanks again!!

**Follow-up Edit: I was able to see the screen when I entered by Zip Code and messed around with the App for a little bit. I guess now I just have to wait for the Icon to show up. Is there anywhere that I should look for it at; like a Push Services folder, or will the icon show up in the main list when (and if) it gets pushed down to my BB?
    Last edited by DocMarten98; 10-25-08 at 08:26 AM.
    10-25-08 08:21 AM
    I signed up for the CBC websignal and nothing's showed up yet either...
    10-25-08 07:52 PM
    I signed up for the CBC websignal and nothing's showed up yet either...
    I signed up for the AP one and it just put a shortcut on my homepage..its doesn't send out any alerts or anything....
    10-25-08 08:05 PM
    I had signed up for the AccuWeather lat night and have yet to get an icon on my homepage. I just bookmarked the webpage it took me to when I had 1st subscribed until I receive one.

10-25-08 09:51 PM
    i signed up for ny times, accuweather and reuters no icons for any of them hope they work soon

reuters confirm mail link gave me
    0100 - Value of parameter (SID) not valid.

any ideas?
    Last edited by crescent; 10-26-08 at 03:59 PM.
    10-26-08 03:44 PM
    It took almost a whole day for the Accuweather icon to show up on my phone. I just happened to check my phone and saw that it placed the new icon first in my list. I just moved it where I wanted it and it seems to be working Ok. The application icon changes with the weather and the on screen description also updates with the High/Low temps and the current weather conditions. When I click on the icon, it does launch the browser and displays the customized Accuweather page as shown on the subscription page.

I am not sure why it takes so long to show up and it seems that some people aren't getting the icons at all. Maybe the Web Signals thing is so new that not all of the bugs have been worked out yet.

I am happy with this one so far and I am not really interested in any of the other Web Signals offerings yet. I am sure that there will be new ones coming soon.
    10-27-08 10:40 AM
    update my nyt bits showed up this morning, but still no accuweather or reuters.
    10-27-08 02:21 PM
    I still haven't got a CBC icon!
    10-27-08 02:59 PM

I can't get to the address . Is there another way to get there.? I had tried weatherbug a while back which drove me nuts so this sounds much better.
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 10-27-08 at 03:20 PM.
    10-27-08 03:14 PM
    Still no accuweather or reuters.

10-28-08 02:39 PM
    Still no accuweather for me either; my Reuters came down about 15 minutes later but its horrible; Fox News is much better! Why doesn't accuweather come down? I agree to the terms and enter my city and then I get to the screen with my current weather. I am supposed to do something there to get it pushed down???
    10-28-08 04:50 PM
    I gave up on this crap. I think it was pushing stuff that wasn't registering cause I've been getting major hour glass too!

10-28-08 05:11 PM
    Sure as the sun, no more lag after canceling this.

10-28-08 05:32 PM
    I found the web alerts, got the fox one...signed up for accuweather yesterday and still no icon
    10-29-08 12:57 AM
    I can't get to the address . Is there another way to get there.? I had tried weatherbug a while back which drove me nuts so this sounds much better.
    Try making sure the "L" in "subList" is capitalized. That was my problem
    11-20-08 09:58 AM
    you can get to your subscriptions by going to the blackberry homepage and clicking applications, news and weather, and scrolling to the bottom and clicking weather push, then I accept. This will show you both weather apps that are available and if you have subscribed to them. you can add subscriptions from here and it seems to work better than trying it with the accuweather links.
    11-20-08 11:23 AM
    I had a tough time getting the weather icon. I tried a zip code and it never showed up. Then I talked to a buddy at work who has it working flawlessly on his Curve. It turns out it only works with certain cities. I had put in a suburb zip code, but this time I simply put in Detroit, Mi and the icon showed up 2 hours later. So if you are subscribing to push accuweather and the icon fails to show up, try putting in the closest major city. I know, it's a few degrees warmer/colder/whatever but it beats wondering why the icon never showed up.
    11-26-08 04:08 PM
    update my nyt bits showed up this morning, but still no accuweather or reuters.
    I have tried both... do the signup at mobile.blackberry.com>applications>pus (at bottom of page).

Accuweather, IMHO, is worthless. It just tells you what the 5 day forecast is and puts an icon on your home screen that shows you what the weather it like (as though you couldn't look outside). No links to radar or much more detailed information. I deleted it.

The Reuters app. is better, but I like the user interface on Viigo better for Reuters' feed. I read that the Reuters app. drains your battery, and I noticed that it downloads the same story 4-5 times sometimes, so I deleted it, too, and went back to Viigo.

In fact, Viigo gives you the same information and Reuters and Weather.com/Accuweather's offerings.
    11-27-08 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD