I've been using WeatherBug for quite some time now but I've been reading about WeatherEye here and it sounds like the icon for it changes along with the weather. I love how WeatherBug shows the current temp on its icon, but I don't like that you have click the icon to see if its gonna be cloudy or rainy. Does the WeatherEye program also show the current temp on its icon, or do you have to click on the app to see that?
    12-06-08 07:54 PM
    Yes it does. I reccomend it.
    12-06-08 07:55 PM
    I like WeatherEye the best...
    12-06-08 07:55 PM
    Another vote for weather eye.
    12-06-08 07:56 PM
    Weathereye
    12-06-08 07:59 PM
    A lot of smaller cities aren't available with WeatherEye though.
    12-06-08 08:00 PM
    A lot of smaller cities aren't available with WeatherEye though.
    I've heard that, I'm waiting for this RIM issue to resolve itself so I can download WeatherEye and see if it has my city. I tried the BlackBerry push weather app a long time ago and the closest city to me Tampa, FL, about a half hour away.
    12-06-08 08:04 PM
    Another vote for WeatherEye. Just seems ridiculous to have to
    open the browser to get a simple forecast.
    12-06-08 08:19 PM
    Yes it does. I reccomend it.
    I just downloaded Weathereye and it shows the weather (currently light snow) but its not showing the temperature on the icon. I haven't been able to find any option to do this - am I missing something?
    12-06-08 08:20 PM
    I just downloaded Weathereye and it shows the weather (currently light snow) but its not showing the temperature on the icon. I haven't been able to find any option to do this - am I missing something?
    If your theme shows the application name somewhere when you're on the icon, the temperature should be the application name.
    12-06-08 08:28 PM
    If your theme shows the application name somewhere when you're on the icon, the temperature should be the application name.
    Thanks Steven. The theme I'm running now does not show the application names.
    12-06-08 08:30 PM
    Right, if not hit the menu button and go to the second screen for a second where all of your icons are, then go back to main screen...
    12-06-08 08:31 PM
    There ya go...
    12-06-08 08:32 PM
    I use Weatherbug. Tried Weathereye and didn't care for it, one reason being that since it's a service of The Weather Network in Canada, it has only major US cities. YMMV

I see all your posts about having to open a browser and I'm not sure where that's coming from. An older version, maybe? I have 2 Weatherbug icons and they update every xx minutes (mine set to 30) with temp and forecast. No need to open a browser. I have Version 0.9.6.6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 08:43 PM
    Go into Options -> WeatherBug Direct and go into the WeatherBug portal then go into weatherbug exntentions and view them in there you will find WeatherBug forecast to see the forecast, no need to go into the browser.
    12-06-08 09:16 PM
    Weather eye
    12-06-08 09:22 PM
    WeatherBug with the forecasting add-on!! I have mine set to animate the 3-day forecast in the 2nd WB icon. Weather Eye is never very accurate for me.

12-06-08 10:20 PM
    Does anyone have the weathereye link? When I go to their website it says I'm running an OS lower than 4.1.

12-07-08 08:55 AM
    Does anyone have the weathereye link? When I go to their website it says I'm running an OS lower than 4.1.

I got it from here: http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/

Just select the first link 4.2 and above.

I gotta say I really like the icons for WeatherEye. I'm keeping both for now too see how accurate they are in comparison, but right now by looks alone WeatherEye is holding it down!
    12-07-08 10:48 AM

I gotta say I really like the icons for WeatherEye. I'm keeping both for now too see how accurate they are in comparison, but right now by looks alone WeatherEye is holding it down!
    I love how the WeatherEye icon changes throughout the day and with the weather, very cool...
    12-07-08 10:50 AM

I'm also running both for a few days to see which I like best. I love WeatherEye's icons but Weatherbug gives me the temperature with my current theme. This could be close!
    12-07-08 10:52 AM
    I love how the WeatherEye icon changes throughout the day and with the weather, very cool...
    Yeah, the only downfall I see is that it doesn't seem to include many smaller cities. I live about 20 miles out of a major metro and it doesn't find ANY of the cities around me. I have to use the metro which could be rainy when I'm not, or vice versa...
    But it is definitely the lowest maintenance weather app I've tried and I like that.
    12-07-08 10:53 AM
    I'm also running both for a few days to see which I like best. I love WeatherEye's icons but Weatherbug gives me the temperature with my current theme. This could be close!
    Weathereye gives me the temp when I scroll over it.
    12-07-08 10:54 AM
    Yeah, the only downfall I see is that it doesn't seem to include many smaller cities. I live about 20 miles out of a major metro and it doesn't find ANY of the cities around me. I have to use the metro which could be rainy when I'm not, or vice versa...
    But it is definitely the lowest maintenance weather app I've tried and I like that.
    I agree and heard people complain about their area not being listed, hopefully that will change so others can enjoy it...
    12-07-08 10:56 AM
    When clicking the link for 4.2 and above on the Storm I get an http error 500: server error. Suggestions?
    12-07-08 11:21 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD