I still can't turn off auto-locate, the homescreen icon doesn't automatically update (even though it's set to update every 30 mins and is running in the background) and only updates after I open the application... so what's the point of the homescreen icon then? Also if you close WeatherEye through the BB menu and then open it again, a 2nd entry of WeatherEye appears in Options>Third Party Applications. If you do it again, a 3rd entry shows up, a 4th, 5th, etc. Something is definitely not right there.

Besides the bugs, I also don't like having to go through the BB menu to switch from Current to Short Term to Long Term.

Someone please let me know where to get the previous version (2.1.0.1 I think)!
    05-27-11 11:57 AM
    According to Betatesting Weather Eye you can send an email to [email protected] and request previous versions.
    HawkC026 likes this.
    05-27-11 12:46 PM
    According to Betatesting Weather Eye you can send an email to [email protected] and request previous versions.
    Thanks for pointing that out jwhelan!

I'm going to send them a note right now and see if I can get back to the previous version that I had on my Torch.
    05-27-11 01:12 PM
    Can you share that previous version if you get it? They replied almost immediately to my original list of bugs asking to reinstall the application (which didn't change anything), but they haven't provided a link to the old version yet even after a second email asking for it.
    Last edited by anton-k; 05-27-11 at 02:53 PM.
    05-27-11 01:50 PM
    I haven't received a response to my e-mail request (sent at 2:30 this afternoon) for the previous version yet, but I'll be sure to post any info I do receive.
    05-27-11 06:55 PM
    I was running beta V 2.4.4.2 and App World pushed an update to V 2.4.4.3 which does not have "beta" in the background. No issues.
    05-28-11 07:24 PM
    Looks like there are issues with 2.4.4.3 on the Torch though. Still no reply on the old version...
    05-29-11 11:56 AM
    Looks like there are issues with 2.4.4.3 on the Torch though. Still no reply on the old version...

No response for the previous version yet either, but that might be because it's Memorial Day in the USA today and most businesses are closed. I'm going to send them a follow-up request on Tuesday and see what happens.

So far my biggest gripes with v 2.4.4.3 are;

- I hate the way the weather information is displayed on the home screen icon. The old version just showed "25C A few Clouds" but this new version now includes the city as well so the info shows up as "Richmond Hill 25C A few..."

- I dislike having to go through the menu to switch between Current, Hourly, Short Term and Long Term forecasts. With the old version you could just scroll through the icons on the bottom of the screen to switch.

- It takes 4-5 seconds or more for anything to happen when you select "Exit" from the menu.
    05-30-11 03:45 PM
    Is it just me or did this verison lose the Feel Like section on the current weather area? If so, that's brutal. I want to know what it actually feels like as well as what the temp is. If this was never on please add to next update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-11 04:37 PM
    I'm not sure Memorial Day applies here since I'm pretty sure it's a Canadian company and they're located somewhere in Ontario.

I don't like that it shows the city either, but totally understand why it's there - if you use the auto-locate feature, you may want to know which city it's giving you the weather for, if you're on the road.

I also don't like having to go through the BB menu, but coooould put up with that if necessary. My biggest complaints are that it doesn't actually work on the Torch, etc as in my post above:

"I still can't turn off auto-locate, the homescreen icon doesn't automatically update (even though it's set to update every 30 mins and is running in the background) and only updates after I open the application... so what's the point of the homescreen icon then? Also if you close WeatherEye through the BB menu and then open it again, a 2nd entry of WeatherEye appears in Options>Third Party Applications. If you do it again, a 3rd entry shows up, a 4th, 5th, etc. Something is definitely not right there."

I don't really like it always running in the background either, and for the short time that I had it I did have a feeling that it had an impact on battery drain.

I don't think it ever had the "Feels Like", but instead used a Humidex or Windchill values which amount to the same thing, but those would only show up when applicable (which is far from always). If I remember correctly that is...

I didn't realize how good the old version was until I got this one and can't go back. If I could just go back and perhaps have the temp show up in the notification area, I'd be happy as a pig in **** haha. Just going back would be sufficient too.

Apparently the word p.o.o.p is not allowed in here haha - and I thought I was being so careful!
    05-30-11 04:48 PM
    Also do we need to start a new thread since this is technically no longer a beta version (though performs like an alpha)?
    05-30-11 04:51 PM
    They knew about most of these issues before they released the final version.

I noticed something else on the Torch, just switch to landscape and you cannot see all of the screen and it does not support scrolling. Screenshot attached.

I guess they have abandoned support for the Torch. I just wish they will reply to requests for the previous release.
    05-31-11 07:15 AM
    I have attached the WeatherEyeTouch cod file that I found from a recent BBSAK backup. Please remove the existing weathereye before installing. And I think this is only meant for the Torch. Use BBSAK to install the cod file.
    HawkC026, anton-k and joesworld like this.
    05-31-11 07:32 AM
    I have attached the WeatherEyeTouch cod file that I found from a recent BBSAK backup. Please remove the existing weathereye before installing. And I think this is only meant for the Torch. Use BBSAK to install the cod file.
    Can you install the COD file directly from the SD card without using BBSAK?
    05-31-11 08:23 AM
    OK, disregard my last post.

I just downloaded and installed BBSAK and then installed the COD file that jwhelan posted and I've got the previous version of WeatherEye back on my Torch

Thank you very much for posting the COD file jwhelan!

WeatherEye 2.4.4.3 does show up in my BB App World as uninstalled so hopefully I won't get any more notification to upgrade to the new version again.
    05-31-11 09:07 AM
    Can someone post the OTA link. The developer seems to not want to respond. Its been 4-5 days now. 2.4.4.3 is a terrible update for the torch.

05-31-11 11:24 AM
    Can someone post the OTA link. The developer seems to not want to respond. Its been 4-5 days now. 2.4.4.3 is a terrible update for the torch.

Ntario, download the zip file that jwhelan posted on the previous page, then extract the COD file to someplace on your PC so that you can find it easily (maybe your desktop). This COD file is version 2.1.0.0 of WeatherEye for the Torch / Touch Screen devices.

Then download and install BBSAK from this link BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife and use it to install the COD file onto you phone (you'll need to have your phone connected to you PC with the data cable).

It only takes a few minutes to install BBSAK and another minute or two to install the COD file after that.

I forgot to mention that you'll need to uninstall v2.4.4.3 of WaetherEye before you install the old version.
    Last edited by HawkC026; 05-31-11 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Updated information
    Ntario likes this.
    05-31-11 01:21 PM
    i agree with all the other Torch posters here that after what seemed like a longgggggg beta period for the v2 roll out, this is the same FAIL all over again! no updates for the homescreen icon!! arrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh.

fine, if you really want to access my GPS to give me the weather where i am, i'm ok with it BUT putting the city on the home screen icon label is such BS and should be OPTIONAL. ok?

THANKS pelmorex beta peeps!
    05-31-11 04:42 PM
    The developer should start a new thread if they want. I'll post the Torch version here for now, all it needs is unzipped. If TWN wants it removed, I will. If you have File Manager Pro or File Scout, just switch to default view, download the attached zip file, unzip, use the media folder and explore to the unzipped folder, then click on the jad.

Credit to jwhelan for making it possible.

Edit - corrected jad file as of 9:38:36 PM Tue, May 31, 2011
    joesworld likes this.
    05-31-11 06:48 PM
    The developer should start a new thread if they want. I'll post the Torch version here for now, all it needs is unzipped. If TWN wants it removed, I will. If you have File Manager Pro or File Scout, just switch to default view, download the attached zip file, unzip, use the media folder and explore to the unzipped folder, then click on the jad.

Credit to jwhelan for making it possible.

OK, time for a stupid question..............Is this any different than using the COD file that jwhelan posted?
    05-31-11 08:21 PM
    OK, time for a stupid question..............Is this any different than using the COD file that jwhelan posted?
    Sorry, I thought my instructions made it pretty clear. With what I attached, you can do it all on your phone, or use your PC to download/unzip it, then put it on your SD and install it from your phone. The jad is the OTA install file, and will work just as well in a folder on the SD containing the app cod.
    05-31-11 08:49 PM
    BigBadWulf, I should have worded my question a little better.

I was trying to figure out the difference between the file you posted and the one that jwhelan posted since your file contained multiple COD files plus a JAD file, while the file that jwhelan posted contained only a single COD file.

I've got both saved to my PC now just in case I ever need to reinstall the old version of WeatherEye again.
    05-31-11 11:02 PM
    BigBadWulf, I should have worded my question a little better.

I was trying to figure out the difference between the file you posted and the one that jwhelan posted since your file contained multiple COD files plus a JAD file, while the file that jwhelan posted contained only a single COD file.

I've got both saved to my PC now just in case I ever need to reinstall the old version of WeatherEye again.
    Ah, I see! An excellent question.

The one jwhelan posted was from his OS, but when he initially inatalled it, there were actually many smaller cod files that combined. In order to have a working jad, I needed to break it back down. It may have worked without doing that, but why mess around.

Make sure you grabbed it after the edit I made. The original attachment's jad was no good. Had to have a friend test it for me, since I'm on a 9650.
    HawkC026 likes this.
    06-01-11 12:59 AM
    Thanks for the explanation BigBadWulf.

I've downloaded your updated zip file just to make sure I have all my bases covered, but I probably won't install it since WeatherEye is now back to normal

I should also mention that the excessive battery drain I was seeing on my Torch with v2.4.4.3 installed is gone now that I've gone back to the older version of WeatherEye.

With Bluetooth on and my Torch bridged to my Playbook 24 hours a day, I can get 2+ days out of my phone on a full charge and that's with WeatherEye updating every 15 minutes.
    06-01-11 08:34 AM
    heres the link for v2.0.2.6 works on my 9700
    http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/WeatherEye2.jad

i had to go back too, no auto update, laggy.
    Last edited by bovid; 06-01-11 at 11:36 AM.
    06-01-11 11:25 AM
125 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD