I have Pittsburgh, PA added as a city, but I still can't turn off auto-locate.

Also, I just noticed that the app doesn't automatically start after a device reboot. That's probably not a deal breaker for me, but it is annoying.
    Auto-start bug will be fixed in today's release.
    05-11-11 01:53 PM
    A new, more stable version is out:

Betatesting Weather Eye
    sheldonbk likes this.
    05-11-11 02:45 PM
    This version works on my hybrid. The other versions didn't even open when I click, no error or anything.

One bug (I think) it wants to save every time I leave options even when I didn't change anything.

Edit: Also it would be great if the temp overlaid the homescreen icon.
    Last edited by hahree; 05-14-11 at 02:56 AM.
    05-12-11 06:15 AM
    My homescreen Icon has not been updating. It only seems to update when I launch the app.

Also, opening the app takes almost 10 seconds at times. I leave it running in the background, but after an hour or so of the app running in the background, it can take around 10 seconds to open the app.
    05-12-11 08:19 AM
    Will there be an update for OS 5.0?
    05-13-11 10:19 AM
    Will there be an update for OS 5.0?
    Um read the post title. OS 6. OS 5 works fine as it is. Don't fix what aint broke!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 02:09 AM
    I have been running 2.4.4.0 for 4 days now on .546 and no issues.
    05-17-11 10:23 AM
    This is our pre-release version!

We're ready to go into AppWorld, so this will be the last Beta release.

Thank you all for helping us launch the new WeatherEye! Crackberry is the greatest!
    05-17-11 03:27 PM
    I just installed 2.4.4.2. I still can't turn off auto locate. I again have Pittsburgh added as a city and have no problems turning off Show on Homescreen.
    05-17-11 05:54 PM
    It is a nicely running app now. Just a feew things I'd like to see. It's missing many weather stations, there isn't one specific to my location. You can't add a city from a zipcode, and the list that pops up when you type in a city and state is odd. The temp showing on the icon, and auto locate staying off would be great.
    05-17-11 08:54 PM
    Same here, auto locate turns on after battery pull or reboot.
    05-18-11 05:35 AM
    If it was just on a reboot, I wouldn't mind, but it's every time I close/open the app, even if I move from it with appswitcher.
    05-18-11 05:44 AM
    This is our pre-release version!

We're ready to go into AppWorld, so this will be the last Beta release.

Thank you all for helping us launch the new WeatherEye! Crackberry is the greatest!
    Wow, really? This seems like a big step back from the previous release of WeatherEye.

The auto locate is very buggy, it keeps getting enabled even after disabling it. Load times are extremely slow compared to previous release. Also, this version is not optimized for touch screen at all.

I guess its back to 2.1.0.1 for me.
    05-18-11 07:35 AM
    Could you tell me a bit more about the auto-locate problem?

Here's how I do it:
    1-I add a new city
    2-While looking at the new city, from the menu I make sure "show on homescreen" is checked and "auto-locate" is not checked
    3-When I minimize the app, the icon updates to show the new city
    4-When I activate the app, it shows the new city. The auto-locate is still unchecked.

After that, the only way to turn auto-locate on is if I go to [current location] from the city dialog or I use the option in the menu.
    05-18-11 10:23 AM
    Auto-locate is always checked for me; I can't clear the check box.

1. Install app
    2. Add city when prompted
    3. After city info loads, I press menu and click the already selected auto-locate check box in an attempt to clear it.
    4. Restart the app and check the auto locate check box....it's still checked.
    05-18-11 10:27 AM
    Ok that sounds serious. We'll try to fix it for the release.
    05-18-11 10:40 AM
    1. Load app, Auto-locate is enabled by default and has selected "St. John's" as city.
    2. I am unable to add St. John's when using add city, it is grayed out.
    3. I press the blackberry menu button and uncheck Auto-Locate.
    4. Auto-Locate now says "Auto-Locate Off" underneath St. John's
    5. Return to home screen by pressing Blackberry Back button.
    6. Launch app again.
    7. WeatherEye now shows St. John's as city with Auto-Locate On underneath.

I am guessing this is the reason why the app takes awhile to launch as it is turning auto-locate back on....

Also, PLEASE add some finger swipe gestures to switch between Current/Short/Long etc. I hate having to press the menu button to switch views.....

Thanks,
    Jason
    05-18-11 12:11 PM
    Jason,

I've found and fixed the bug that turned on auto-locate after restart. The fix will be included in the launch version.

What I can't find is the problem you had with adding St John's as a city. The app shouldn't prevent you from adding a city just because your current location is showing the same city. It does prevent you from adding the same city twice though. Can you confirm what's happening there?
    05-18-11 12:49 PM
    Jason,

I've found and fixed the bug that turned on auto-locate after restart. The fix will be included in the launch version.

What I can't find is the problem you had with adding St John's as a city. The app shouldn't prevent you from adding a city just because your current location is showing the same city. It does prevent you from adding the same city twice though. Can you confirm what's happening there?
    Ok, I can confirm that "St. John's" was already added. Excuse my stupidity.
    05-18-11 12:53 PM
    Also, PLEASE add some finger swipe gestures to switch between Current/Short/Long etc. I hate having to press the menu button to switch views.....
    +1 This would be amazing, and benefits torch users greatly.

Either that, or have the yellow weather network icon square (top-left) be clickable to open the menu as an alternative to the physical button.
    05-19-11 11:42 AM
    Ok, adding a city with autolocate off seems to have solved that issue. Have show on home screen turning on and off as I open close it, at random. Also, installed an app today that appears to be in conflict. Battery shot sky high, and now the icon stays as unlaunched, meaning I don't have a weather preview now. I'll uninstall it, and try again tomorrow.
    05-19-11 09:37 PM
    Anyone know where I can download the previous version of WeatherEye?

I don't like how this version (2.4.4.3) displays the city along with the weather information on the theme I'm using.

Thanks!
    05-26-11 11:37 PM
    While the auto locate feature seems pretty cool for anyone that does a lot of traveling but for me it is not a must have. I would love to see the actual home screen icon show the temperature all the time instead of having to scroll over it to see that feature. Most other weather apps currently do that but are not as accurate as the WeatherEye. Please include the temp on the icon in the next update
    05-27-11 07:24 AM
    Anyone know where I can download the previous version of WeatherEye?

I don't like how this version (2.4.4.3) displays the city along with the weather information on the theme I'm using.

Thanks!
    How were you able to get version 2.4.4.3? Even though I received notification of the update from Appworld, I was unable to download it successfully. It keeps showing verison 2.2.0.2 as the latest available update.

05-27-11 07:32 AM
    How were you able to get version 2.4.4.3? Even though I received notification of the update from Appworld, I was unable to download it successfully. It keeps showing verison 2.2.0.2 as the latest available update.

I got the update through app world last night and just clicked the update button once I logged in.

I'd love to be able to roll back to 2.2.0.2 but can't find the files anywhere
    05-27-11 08:16 AM
125 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD