I get forecasts/radars just fine. Everything else works, it's only the home screen, with those two sets of data I'm not receiving.

I'll send the bug report now
    Could you try changing the station you are getting the data from?

To do so:
    1) Open the full menu
    2) Selection locations
    3) Select Edit location
    4) Click the currently selected station
    5) Choose a new station and click back
    6) Save

Does this cause the homescreen data to load?

Eddie
    01-01-10 06:51 PM
    Hi,

As far as the ZIP code issue - I am not sure what is going on. Could you e-mail me at [email protected] with the zip code you are entering and the zip code it is becoming?

Is the same text of the website (WeatherBug Direct) or on the Elite application?

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Yeah I'll shoot you an email there in a minute, and this was on
    WB Direct. Thats why I got Elite cause I could never figure out
    how to fix that little bug...
    01-02-10 09:25 AM
    Any way to turn off alerts whenever there's an advisory update?
    01-02-10 09:44 PM
    define "alerts." If you go into your sound profiles > set ring tones/alerts > other > weatherbug you can turn off led and sounds.

However, you can't turn off the WB icon changing to the ! with triangle around it on the homescreen. AFAIK
    01-02-10 09:47 PM
    define "alerts." If you go into your sound profiles > set ring tones/alerts > other > weatherbug you can turn off led and sounds.

However, you can't turn off the WB icon changing to the ! with triangle around it on the homescreen. AFAIK
    Hi,

This is correct. With the following exception: You can turn off alerts by location in the latest released Elite version of the application. This setting is in the preferences of the application.

We are switching to badging the icon when an alert is present (so we won't remove the forecast icon any longer) in the next release. You can see this functionality in the free BETA we posted but no Elite version has been released yet.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-03-10 05:24 AM
    I just had to come here and give a BIG THANKS to Weatherbug for just being AVAILABLE.

That's what I call real Customer Service.

Don't think I have to say anymore, you get the picture.
    01-03-10 02:11 PM
    I think when new year started, there was a bit of a glitch with WB. I opened it on New Year's day (very early in the morning) and it was registering 00's for temp., etc. Then it was rectified later that morning.
    01-03-10 04:07 PM
    Can WeatherBug tell me if the Elite version on App World ( 01.11.2009 ) is the latest available.
    01-03-10 06:27 PM
    Can WeatherBug tell me if the Elite version on App World ( 01.11.2009 ) is the latest available.
    Hi,

The latest version for Elite the App World should be 1.0.0.8xx. The last numbers may very depending on the device.

New version of Elite should be coming to the App World soon.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-03-10 07:58 PM
    Soon is starting to drive me crazy can't wait anymore it's been over a month! App World needs to keep the horse in front of the cart with their approval process! If you haven't yet submitted Elite to App World, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

If you could tide me over with answers to two questions:

(1) Will Elite be noticeably faster particularly at launch of the app and gathering data? (2 part question)

(2) Will the weather alerts include more detail? (maybe I'm missing something, but the alerts on Elite: build 1.0.0.825 are vague one liners with no hyperlink to more detail)

I can't see what else would even need fixing?

Thanks,
    Chris
    01-04-10 12:40 AM
    Soon is starting to drive me crazy can't wait anymore it's been over a month! App World needs to keep the horse in front of the cart with their approval process! If you haven't yet submitted Elite to App World, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

If you could tide me over with answers to two questions:

(1) Will Elite be noticeably faster particularly at launch of the app and gathering data? (2 part question)

(2) Will the weather alerts include more detail? (maybe I'm missing something, but the alerts on Elite: build 1.0.0.825 are vague one liners with no hyperlink to more detail)

I can't see what else would even need fixing?

Thanks,
    Chris
    (1) Yes, it will be faster. There is still a splash screen but we are doing processing while it is displayed. The map interface will also be noticeably better. You will also notice improvements in the loading time for the location summary page (page where it lists all your locations).

(2) No, not in this release. However, based on user feedback we are adding this to a future release.

Eddie
    01-04-10 05:13 AM
    (1) Yes, it will be faster. There is still a splash screen but we are doing processing while it is displayed. The map interface will also be noticeably better. You will also notice improvements in the loading time for the location summary page (page where it lists all your locations).

(2) No, not in this release. However, based on user feedback we are adding this to a future release.

Eddie
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-04-10 05:46 AM

Eddie
    I am truly looking forward to seeing an update to Weatherbug Elite. Several months ago there were few credible options -- BBweather made sense, BerryWeather was pretty was unreliable, and weatherBug Elite came on the scene and ruled the roost, despite slow start up, lack of cached weather info and no short-cuts. Since then, BerryWeather switched to a better provider (Weather Underground), added more options and fixed their bugs. I held on for a while, running BerryWeather and Weatherbug Elite side by side for months, but BerryWeather was so much more responsive and usable for quick weather checks as well as detailed weather (via load of wunderground mobile page) that I finally gave up on WeatherBug Elite and uninstalled it to conserve battery. I was disappointed, but concluded that Berryweather was simply the better mobile app.

I like BerryWeather now, and would love to see some serious competition from a new weatherbug Elite - but the bar has been raised in terms of responsiveness, UI, ease of use, and aesthetics. Hoping that Weatherbug Elite will once more catch my attention, and looking forward to the upcoming beta or gen'l release.

- Jon

01-04-10 05:58 AM

Eddie
    Thanks, Eddie! Glad to see to see more alert detail is in the works. A link to the WeatherBug active alerts page would even be cool.

Now, I'll keep sitting back waiting for that App World new version alert message.

Keep up the good work,
    Chris
    01-04-10 09:02 AM
    I had just removed BerryWeather from my bb--- issues with failed updates became very discouraging. Their map is sucks unless you figure out exactly how to add the proper code for your location (personally I feel the custom map html code should be intergrated into the program giving the consumer several choices such as the WeatherBug using BING). Yet all in all I'm glad WeatherBug is offering some strong competition. So far I'm appreciating the changes. I find the interface is nice and simply, the speed up to par, the connection is right on target, and the location options is great for more accurate reading closer to home. The map is a big PLUS since I do a lot of traveling, it gives me the options of home and the whole US.

Great JOB!!!
    01-04-10 01:13 PM
    Can someone please tell me what the latest version for the Storm is and where to get it? I recently had to delete WB and it won't let me download the latest version in App World. When I click on it in App World, the download option doesn't even show up. All I can do is see screenshots and read the reviews. Which is really weird since this is where I initially downloaded it from. I did a couple of battery pulls and still no download option. Any help would be appreciated...this is probably my favorite app. TIA!
    01-05-10 11:59 AM
    Can someone please tell me what the latest version for the Storm is and where to get it? I recently had to delete WB and it won't let me download the latest version in App World. When I click on it in App World, the download option doesn't even show up. All I can do is see screenshots and read the reviews. Which is really weird since this is where I initially downloaded it from. I did a couple of battery pulls and still no download option. Any help would be appreciated...this is probably my favorite app. TIA!
    Open App World, log into my world and it should allow you to reinstall. I believe the lastest version (Elite) is .873
    01-06-10 08:51 AM
    Hi,

We have updated the BETA builds. The latest BETA is version 1.1.0.120 for all platforms except OS 4.5. The latest build for OS 4.5 is 1.1.0.31.

We have also added links to download the touch version of the application for the 4.7 and 5.0 OS.

Please continue to provide feedback on features, bugs, and requests.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-06-10 01:03 PM
    Open App World, log into my world and it should allow you to reinstall. I believe the lastest version (Elite) is .873
    Well I had the free version and I tried to check it out in My World on App World, but there's nothing in there about WeatherBug. When I click on the free version of WeatherBug on App World there is nowhere for me to click to download it. That's the weird part. I downloaded it from here just a month or so ago and now there is no option for me to download it. I've got version .325 right now and it's showing .873 or something like that as the most current version "available".
    A HUGE TIA to anyone that can actually help me out here.
    01-06-10 03:22 PM
    Hi,

We have updated the BETA builds. The latest BETA is version 1.1.0.120 for all platforms except OS 4.5. The latest build for OS 4.5 is 1.1.0.31.

We have also added links to download the touch version of the application for the 4.7 and 5.0 OS.

Please continue to provide feedback on features, bugs, and requests.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    sorry but where are the links to the 5.0 beta touch version?

PS: nvm, just moused over and saw the last 2 links on the first page are for touch version.
    Last edited by kazmi; 01-06-10 at 03:35 PM.
    01-06-10 03:31 PM
    sorry but where are the links to the 5.0 beta touch version?
    Hi,

All the links are in the first post.

The one you need is:
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/50/50.jad

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-06-10 03:35 PM
    Hi,

All the links are in the first post.

The one you need is:
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/50/50.jad

Thanks,
    Eddie

Thanks for the prompt reply - I saw that after I had posted....I LOVE this app and if anything, my only request would be the one that people have made before regarding the weather alerts in detail; I have the older version and I still get weather advisory details BUT there is a lot of code gibberish mixed in....hope that is also resolved in the later builds...

again, thanks for working on and supporting such a great app.
    01-06-10 03:38 PM
    Well I had the free version and I tried to check it out in My World on App World, but there's nothing in there about WeatherBug. When I click on the free version of WeatherBug on App World there is nowhere for me to click to download it. That's the weird part. I downloaded it from here just a month or so ago and now there is no option for me to download it. I've got version .325 right now and it's showing .873 or something like that as the most current version "available".
    A HUGE TIA to anyone that can actually help me out here.
    Hi,

Could you check under Applications in the BlackBerry Options to see if WeatherBug is in there?

If it is then delete it and check the App World again.

If not could you press the full menu key and select "modules". Look for any modules starting in wb_.

Do any exist?

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-06-10 03:43 PM
    Thanks for the prompt reply - I saw that after I had posted....I LOVE this app and if anything, my only request would be the one that people have made before regarding the weather alerts in detail; I have the older version and I still get weather advisory details BUT there is a lot of code gibberish mixed in....hope that is also resolved in the later builds...

again, thanks for working on and supporting such a great app.
    Hi,

The garbage should not exist in the most recent builds - including the beta. So if you see it then please let me know.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-06-10 03:44 PM
    Are these links for Weatherbug Elite. I just downloaded the 5.0 version and it has the adds on top etc. or has weatherbug elite not been updated yet????? I had .873
    Last edited by db306; 01-06-10 at 06:11 PM.
    01-06-10 06:07 PM
292 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD