I downloaded the update this morning and it worked fine for the first few hours, but since then I have had problems updating the home screen.

I have 2 locations for where I live (they have different weather stations) and although the radar updates fine the home screen does not. When I press 'U' to update the forcast summery at the bottom appears as does the Last Updated time at the top but nothing else does.

When I exit the app I get a question mark on the bb homescreen instead of the usual icon/temperature.

I'm running 4.6.1.310 on an 8900.

Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 04:34 PM
    I downloaded the update this morning and it worked fine for the first few hours, but since then I have had problems updating the home screen.

I have 2 locations for where I live (they have different weather stations) and although the radar updates fine the home screen does not. When I press 'U' to update the forcast summery at the bottom appears as does the Last Updated time at the top but nothing else does.

When I exit the app I get a question mark on the bb homescreen instead of the usual icon/temperature.

I'm running 4.6.1.310 on an 8900.

Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Which locations are you seeing this for (PM me if you prefer to not share)?
    Does the other conditions data update or only the forecast summary?
    12-01-09 05:20 PM
    testing the 5.0 version now. I didn't like the version from the app store too much, so we'll see. thanks for the post.

edit: and yeah, there are some changes that I definitely like a lot more. The menu works a lot better for me.
    Last edited by quahog_convo; 12-01-09 at 09:49 PM.
    12-01-09 09:46 PM
    Any idea when this beta will be officially released?
    12-03-09 08:19 AM
    Any idea when this beta will be officially released?
    No exact timeline. We are still testing and gathering feedback. Once the BETA phase is complete we will be able to provide a more definate timeline for when the application will be offically released.

How have you found the application? Any major issues?
    12-03-09 08:27 AM
    No exact timeline. We are still testing and gathering feedback. Once the BETA phase is complete we will be able to provide a more definate timeline for when the application will be offically released.

How have you found the application? Any major issues?
    The beta is much more functionable with the shortcuts. However the home screen icon updates seem to lag what the current conditions are. During the day I've open the app in the home screen and see the current temp/conditions. But the BB home screen rollover shows earlier info.

Other than that, it a get upgrade. Hope it gets released soon.
    12-03-09 08:32 AM
    Loving the new update!!!! works great so far on OS5.0.0.238hybrid
    thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this app.
    12-03-09 09:15 AM
    please keep the forecast (hi/lo) as an option on the homescreen icon text. Love that about WB. Works great with themes with weather slots.
    12-03-09 10:56 AM
    Hi,

We are extending the free WeatherBug BETA to include all 4.5 OS devices. This is the first time the WeatherBug Free application will support OS 4.5 devices (8100 series, 8300 series, and 8800 series).

You can download the update for these devices at:
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/45/45.jad

Please let us know your feedback.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    12-07-09 12:31 PM
    Hi,

We are extending the free WeatherBug BETA to include all 4.5 OS devices. This is the first time the WeatherBug Free application will support OS 4.5 devices (8100 series, 8300 series, and 8800 series).

You can download the update for these devices at:
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/45/45.jad

Please let us know your feedback.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    is there any update coming for the elite version on the bb storm (touch)?
    I'm an owner who keeps going back and forth between wb and beweather.
    12-07-09 12:54 PM
    is there any update coming for the elite version on the bb storm (touch)?
    I'm an owner who keeps going back and forth between wb and beweather.
    An update to the Elite version is on the way. Don't have an exact date for the official release.
    12-07-09 01:12 PM
    An update to the Elite version is on the way. Don't have an exact date for the official release.
    Maybe you can list the differences between the free and elite versions.
    12-07-09 02:34 PM
    Maybe you can list the differences between the free and elite versions.
    1. Push Alerting (BlackBerry Push) - Provides alerts for all locations instead of just homescreen location
    2. Location Summary Screen - Provides a summary view of data for all your saved locations
    3. No Ads
    4. Additional Map Layers - Satellite, Wind Speed, Humidity, Pressure, Forecast Hi, Forecast Lo
    5. Animated Map Layers
    6. Vector Map Layers - Alert Polygons, Lightning
    7. Additional Map Base Tiles - Satellite and Hybrid
    8. Temperature/Alerts in notification area on homescreen
    9. Integration with calendar
    10. Integration with contacts
    11. Integration with BlackBerry Maps
    12. Additional hourly forecast data points - Dew Point and Wind Speed
    13. Graphs - Forecast, Feels Like, Humidity, Wind Speed, Dew Point

Let me know if you would like additional information about any feature in the list.

Eddie
    12-07-09 02:49 PM
    1. Push Alerting (BlackBerry Push) - Provides alerts for all locations instead of just homescreen location
    2. Location Summary Screen - Provides a summary view of data for all your saved locations
    3. No Ads
    4. Additional Map Layers - Satellite, Wind Speed, Humidity, Pressure, Forecast Hi, Forecast Lo
    5. Animated Map Layers
    6. Vector Map Layers - Alert Polygons, Lightning
    7. Additional Map Base Tiles - Satellite and Hybrid
    8. Temperature/Alerts in notification area on homescreen
    9. Integration with calendar
    10. Integration with contacts
    11. Integration with BlackBerry Maps
    12. Additional hourly forecast data points - Dew Point and Wind Speed
    13. Graphs - Forecast, Feels Like, Humidity, Wind Speed, Dew Point

Let me know if you would like additional information about any feature in the list.

Eddie
    Thanks. I plan on getting WB Elite when the new beta releases. Its a great weather app!
    12-08-09 06:24 AM
    Loving the new update!!!! works great so far on OS5.0.0.238hybrid
    thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this app.
    Did you use the 5.0 version?I keep trying to dl it and it fails
    12-08-09 09:27 AM
    Did you use the 5.0 version?I keep trying to dl it and it fails
    Is any error message being displayed when you try and download this version?
    12-08-09 09:31 AM
    Is any error message being displayed when you try and download this version?

It tells me the download failed. I am going to remove the old version and then try again. I'll post back in a few minutes.
    12-08-09 09:40 AM
    Neither works. Tells me 907 cod error
    12-08-09 09:54 AM
    Neither works. Tells me 907 cod error
    Can you verify that you don't have any old modules hanging around from the previous install? All WeatherBug modules should start with wb_ in the module list.
    12-08-09 09:58 AM
    That was the problem. Deleted all of those and its working great now. Love the new interface.
    12-08-09 10:42 AM
    Thanks. I plan on getting WB Elite when the new beta releases. Its a great weather app!
    Me too! I just deleted Berry weather. I was getting really frustrated with the issues they were always having and are still having
    12-08-09 03:09 PM
    WeatherBug,

Hi. I have a Pearl 8130, OS v4.5.0.175. I currently have WeatherBug Direct v0.9.6.6 installed. If I uninstall this one and install the free BETA, what version should I see installed?

Thanks.

Update: Never mind. I installed it myself: v1.1.0.11.

Elrohir59
    Last edited by Elrohir59; 12-08-09 at 05:38 PM.
    12-08-09 05:25 PM
    I enjoy using Weatherbug Elite, but since I switched to a 9700, my activation code won't work. I requested a new one through Weatherbug support but have yet to hear anything back. Kind of annoying.
    12-09-09 11:45 AM
    WeatherBug,

Hi. I have a Pearl 8130, OS v4.5.0.175. I currently have WeatherBug Direct v0.9.6.6 installed. If I uninstall this one and install the free BETA, what version should I see installed?

Thanks.

Update: Never mind. I installed it myself: v1.1.0.11.

Elrohir59
    Follow-up: So I installed the free Weatherbug Beta v1.1.0.11. Completely hung my BB 8130 w/ OS 4.5.0.175. Home screen will not display the temp. Other home screen buttons stopped working. Had to remove app from the Desktop Manager interface.

I went back to WeatherBug 0.9.6.6 and re-installed it for the fourth time. While the home screen displays the current temp and the forecast, I could not get the home screen to update the current temp automatically. I set the update to every 10 minutes, tried it with Weatherbug open and not and the home screen just will not update by itself. I also have WeatherEye installed and when I saw that the temp as displayed by WeatherEye has changed by 5C (9F), I manually told WeatherBug to update itself. Only then did the home screen change to the correct current temperature. I've decided to also uninstall WeatherBug 0.9.6.6 and I'm staying with WeatherEye.

Elrohir59
    12-09-09 01:22 PM
    I enjoy using Weatherbug Elite, but since I switched to a 9700, my activation code won't work. I requested a new one through Weatherbug support but have yet to hear anything back. Kind of annoying.
    Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will make sure we get you one.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    12-09-09 03:43 PM
292 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD