What's the time frame for this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi,

We are currently working as quickly as possible to bring the application to the BlackBerry App World.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-13-10 07:26 AM
    Am unable to get a gps fix. I do not have bb maps installed. Just google maps. I see that this uses bing maps. Do I need to install something else? FYI, Google Maps and Smrtguard have no trouble finding the Tour.
    01-14-10 02:20 PM
    Am unable to get a gps fix. I do not have bb maps installed. Just google maps. I see that this uses bing maps. Do I need to install something else? FYI, Google Maps and Smrtguard have no trouble finding the Tour.
    Hi,

On the Verizon Tour we use standalone GPS to get a fix. This fix type requires a clear view of the sky (so it will not normally work indoors).

Depending on your carrier and device we may attempt different fix types that do work inside.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-14-10 04:26 PM
    So your saying that this will only work outdoors? I'd go outside to test this out but it's pouring rain at the moment. I certainly hope that another "fix type" will ultimately surface Am with Verizon.
    01-14-10 04:33 PM
    I came in this thread looking to report a non updating icon, just the bug. However I was in the app for the most part of reading, when exiting, the icon updated! WOOT WOOT.

Not sure what happen, first ever issue. Glad it is over.

Love the app, love weatherbug. Look forward to an Elite update.
    01-15-10 07:21 AM
    Hi! thanks for all the updates and the info here, it is indeed very helpful.

I seem to have developed an issue - I am using a Storm 2 running .428 on vzw and upgraded to the latest touch 5.0 version listed on the first page. It worked great and I was able to get a GPS fix. Yesterday, I had to delete and reinstall the OS due to a recurring uncaught exception. When I reloaded weatherbug, it now will not get a GPS fix. If I add another location using a zip code, all works well - the issue with that is the weather from that weather station is off (I previously was getting EXACT weather info so I know it works).

Could you kindly help me out here? Thanks in advance.
    01-15-10 08:17 AM
    Hi! thanks for all the updates and the info here, it is indeed very helpful.

I seem to have developed an issue - I am using a Storm 2 running .428 on vzw and upgraded to the latest touch 5.0 version listed on the first page. It worked great and I was able to get a GPS fix. Yesterday, I had to delete and reinstall the OS due to a recurring uncaught exception. When I reloaded weatherbug, it now will not get a GPS fix. If I add another location using a zip code, all works well - the issue with that is the weather from that weather station is off (I previously was getting EXACT weather info so I know it works).

Could you kindly help me out here? Thanks in advance.
    Hi,

In terms of the GPS error: Could you send an error report through the application? To do so: Open the full menu and select "Help" then "Email the Developers". This will generate an error report - and include any errors that were generated when the device tried to do a GPS fix. Before sending the report could you enable "My Location" and try to get a GPS fix.

On Verizon we only support standalone GPS. This works well when you are outside but has some issues when you are in a building or don't have a clear view of the sky.

Another possible issue is with permissions. Could you check your permissions to make sure that you have permission for the fix?

In terms of the station issue: you can change the Weather station that is providing the data for a static location. On the edit location screen click on the current station and this will bring up a list of stations to choose from.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-15-10 09:37 AM
    Hi,

In terms of the GPS error: Could you send an error report through the application? To do so: Open the full menu and select "Help" then "Email the Developers". This will generate an error report - and include any errors that were generated when the device tried to do a GPS fix. Before sending the report could you enable "My Location" and try to get a GPS fix.

On Verizon we only support standalone GPS. This works well when you are outside but has some issues when you are in a building or don't have a clear view of the sky.

Another possible issue is with permissions. Could you check your permissions to make sure that you have permission for the fix?

In terms of the station issue: you can change the Weather station that is providing the data for a static location. On the edit location screen click on the current station and this will bring up a list of stations to choose from.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Thanks for your prompt response, as usual

I don't get an error while attempting the GPS fix - when I first launch the app, under My Location, it says "No Location" and there is a dialog box which says "Locating" and that just stays there until I manually backout by hitting the escape key. Also when I go into Preferences>Locations and hit BB menu to "run GPS fix" I get the same thing - "locating" but it actually never locates. I will now try this in open air whereas the older version and this same one would find my fix when I was near a window....

I also double checked the permissions - all are set to Allow. I have deleted, rebooted and then reinstalled the app too in case there was something else going on.

One last thing - I'm getting a lot of "Input error, system is restarting !" errors with this version...this happens when I pull up a field which needs text input....

Thanks.
    01-15-10 10:04 AM
    is it possible to add the option to automatically refresh the gps fix when data for my Location gets auto updated. Right now when "my location" auto updates, it seems to only update the weather info, not the actual location i'm currently at.

eg. I'm in city A and get my gps fix. I travel to city B, and have the weather auto update, it's still giving me info for city A. I'd rather it give me info where i'm currently at without manually having to get a new gps fix.

01-15-10 10:19 AM
    Still haven't been able to get a gps fix. Do rain clouds block this? I've tried it in the car (where I have sometimes been able to get a fix in the past) and out in the middle of the backyard (out in the country). Seems like I used to be able to get a fix inside the house depending on where. I've checked permissions and they are all at ALLOW.
    01-15-10 11:02 AM
    is it possible to add the option to automatically refresh the gps fix when data for my Location gets auto updated. Right now when "my location" auto updates, it seems to only update the weather info, not the actual location i'm currently at.

eg. I'm in city A and get my gps fix. I travel to city B, and have the weather auto update, it's still giving me info for city A. I'd rather it give me info where i'm currently at without manually having to get a new gps fix.

Hi,

This depends on your settings. If you have locate on start-up turned on (in the preferences) the application will try to get a GPS fix when it starts up. If this fixes works then it will use the new location. If the fix fails then it will revert back to the original location.

On some carriers/devices we support location fixes in the background. In these cases the application can be set up to automatically update the location without the user needing the start the application. We only support this feature on carrier/devices when we can perform fixes that both work inside and provide low battery usage. We are working on bringing this functionality to other carriers/devices.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-15-10 01:00 PM
    Still haven't been able to get a gps fix. Do rain clouds block this? I've tried it in the car (where I have sometimes been able to get a fix in the past) and out in the middle of the backyard (out in the country). Seems like I used to be able to get a fix inside the house depending on where. I've checked permissions and they are all at ALLOW.
    Hi,

Rain clouds should not block this.
    You should be able to get a fix in your car.

Could you try the following:
    1) Go to your BlackBerry "Options"
    2) Go to "Security Options"
    3) Go to "Firewall"
    4) Click the full menu key (key to the left of the trackball)
    5) Select "Reset Settings"

Then restart the application. Does it prompt you for permission to access the GPS?

Eddie
    01-15-10 01:02 PM
    Hi,

Rain clouds should not block this.
    You should be able to get a fix in your car.

Could you try the following:
    1) Go to your BlackBerry "Options"
    2) Go to "Security Options"
    3) Go to "Firewall"
    4) Click the full menu key (key to the left of the trackball)
    5) Select "Reset Settings"

Then restart the application. Does it prompt you for permission to access the GPS?

Eddie
    No it does not. Firewall was disabled already but reset settings and saved. Changed to enabled but didn't tick off anything and saved. Either way it did not prompt for permission to access the GPS and still no fix.
    01-15-10 02:04 PM
    same here....just tried and the weather here is clear and sunny...no gps fix under open sky....any idea where I could find the link to the previous version? I would like to have that functionality back while we wait for you guys to figure this one out...
    01-15-10 02:19 PM
    same here....just tried and the weather here is clear and sunny...no gps fix under open sky....any idea where I could find the link to the previous version? I would like to have that functionality back while we wait for you guys to figure this one out...
    Hi,

The previous version is in the BlackBerry App World.

After you perform the GPS fix could you send an error report from inside the application?

Do you have BlackBerry Maps installed? If so could you run a GPS fix through BlackBerry Maps? Does this work?

What OS version are you running? I will try and reproduce the issue here.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-15-10 03:00 PM
    Good idea. I think I will see if I can find the previous beta version in one of my backups before Jan. 6th. I recall being able get a gps fix while traveling over the holidays. It definitely came in handy then.
    01-15-10 03:26 PM
    Hi,

This depends on your settings. If you have locate on start-up turned on (in the preferences) the application will try to get a GPS fix when it starts up. If this fixes works then it will use the new location. If the fix fails then it will revert back to the original location.

On some carriers/devices we support location fixes in the background. In these cases the application can be set up to automatically update the location without the user needing the start the application. We only support this feature on carrier/devices when we can perform fixes that both work inside and provide low battery usage. We are working on bringing this functionality to other carriers/devices.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    I'm guessing the Storm2 under Rogers/Fido network is currently not supported yet then? I'm hoping just to be able to look at my home screen icon and see what the conditions are of my current location. Not having to go into the program, click on gps fix would make me a very happy person I can currently do this with another weather program, but i'mnot a fan of where it's pulling its data from.

01-15-10 03:57 PM
    Good idea. I think I will see if I can find the previous beta version in one of my backups before Jan. 6th. I recall being able get a gps fix while traveling over the holidays. It definitely came in handy then.
    YAY! Found a version from a 1/4/10 backup and the gps fix works again. Not exactly sure what version this is because Applications shows it as the .120 version just like the one I overwrote. Think I will hang on to these .cod files for the time being
    01-15-10 08:34 PM
    @Eddie --

How long till an updated version of Weatherbug Elite comes out? (I'd be happy to test a beta!). I had been an early fan (and customer) of Weatherbug Elite, but have to admit that since Weatherberry was "fixed" (latest release, and changeover to Weather Underground), I found that Weatherbug Elite was just too slow and clunky. However I *do* miss some of the features, and would love to see an improved version of Weatherbug Elite. Looking forward to this -- and my offer to test a beta stands!

- Jon
    01-15-10 11:12 PM
    Ok...I'm glad I found this forum, it looks like the responses are quick from WB. I have emailed twice from the WB site with no answer.
    PLEASE HELP, I have read through this thread and I don't see an exact replication of my but similar...
    I have a BB Tour 9630 with verizon
    My phone said it needed to update it's OS so I let it do it

When it did I lost my BB messenger contacts and my apps. I downloaded WB elite again and it said I needed to update it. I have tried numerous times and it always says "update not available from app world"

I tried to delete it and I think I have. It still shows up in my app world as uninstalled. I try to reinstall, but it says "weatherbug s not available for download from app world"

Not sure what to do...I "LOVED" the app but it has not worked for a while now..

Thanks...BA

Running V4.7.1.61 (platform 4.1.0.81)
    BB App world V 1.1.0.24
    01-18-10 10:59 PM
    Ok...I'm glad I found this forum, it looks like the responses are quick from WB. I have emailed twice from the WB site with no answer.
    PLEASE HELP, I have read through this thread and I don't see an exact replication of my but similar...
    I have a BB Tour 9630 with verizon
    My phone said it needed to update it's OS so I let it do it

When it did I lost my BB messenger contacts and my apps. I downloaded WB elite again and it said I needed to update it. I have tried numerous times and it always says "update not available from app world"

I tried to delete it and I think I have. It still shows up in my app world as uninstalled. I try to reinstall, but it says "weatherbug s not available for download from app world"

Not sure what to do...I "LOVED" the app but it has not worked for a while now..

Thanks...BA

Running V4.7.1.61 (platform 4.1.0.81)
    BB App world V 1.1.0.24
    Hi,

Could you check to see if any of the modules are installed?
    To do so:
    1) Go to your BlackBerry Options
    2) Go to Advanced Options
    3) Go to Applications
    4) Open the full menu and select Modules
    5) Make sure there are no modules which start with wb_

If you have any of these modules installed then delete them and recheck the app world.

If not please e-mail me directly at:
    [email protected]

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-19-10 02:52 AM
    @Eddie --

How long till an updated version of Weatherbug Elite comes out? (I'd be happy to test a beta!). I had been an early fan (and customer) of Weatherbug Elite, but have to admit that since Weatherberry was "fixed" (latest release, and changeover to Weather Underground), I found that Weatherbug Elite was just too slow and clunky. However I *do* miss some of the features, and would love to see an improved version of Weatherbug Elite. Looking forward to this -- and my offer to test a beta stands!

- Jon
    Hi,

Sorry, I don't have an exact date yet. We are not running a BETA test on this release of Elite. But if we do a BETA for Elite in the future I will be sure PM you with the information.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-19-10 02:54 AM
    Hi,

The previous version is in the BlackBerry App World.

After you perform the GPS fix could you send an error report from inside the application?

Do you have BlackBerry Maps installed? If so could you run a GPS fix through BlackBerry Maps? Does this work?

What OS version are you running? I will try and reproduce the issue here.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    I tried obtaining a GPS fix and then sent the email like you suggested - don't think it had any errors..

I do have BB maps installed and I was able to get a very quick lock on my position with it. Went back into WB but was not able to get a fix.

I am running .428 on the Storm 2. I since deleted the WB beta posted here and then downloaded the one from App world and would you know it? the GPS works as before..it found me within 10-15 seconds standing next to a window... weird... any ideas as to why the GPS fix won't work in this new latest release?
    01-19-10 11:40 AM
    I have been running the paid version of weatherbug (.825) and all of a sudden I will not update. Is this a known issue or is there a new version in the midst of release??

01-26-10 07:44 AM
    I'm running the beta version on my Tour. Application appeared to be working fine yesterday, but I cannot even connect today and I'm not getting any updates either.

I checked to make sure I still had a data connection by accessing the internet via my BB and was able to connect w/o issue, so I don't believe it is an issue with my phone.

I wonder if Weatherbug is having some issues today?
    01-26-10 07:53 AM
292 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD