Are these links for Weatherbug Elite. I just downloaded the 5.0 version and it has the adds on top etc. or has weatherbug elite not been updated yet????? I had .873
    Hi,

These are the Non-Elite versions. The Elite versions are coming soon to the BlackBerry App World.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-06-10 06:21 PM
    Hi,

Could you check under Applications in the BlackBerry Options to see if WeatherBug is in there?

If it is then delete it and check the App World again.

If not could you press the full menu key and select "modules". Look for any modules starting in wb_.

Do any exist?

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Well I deleted it and made sure there were no modules that started with "wb". Then I checked App World and it still won't let me download it. What to do now? This is really bugging me. Thanks!
    01-06-10 06:26 PM
    Well I deleted it and made sure there were no modules that started with "wb". Then I checked App World and it still won't let me download it. What to do now? This is really bugging me. Thanks!
    Hi,

What OS version are you using?
    Which BlackBerry App World version are you using?
    When you open to the application page in the App World what buttons show up for you to select?

I will try to replicate the issue here.

For the time being, if you want to get a version of the application, you can download the BETA version. The link for downloading is in the first post.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-06-10 06:39 PM
    Hi,

What OS version are you using?
    Which BlackBerry App World version are you using?
    When you open to the application page in the App World what buttons show up for you to select?

I will try to replicate the issue here.

For the time being, if you want to get a version of the application, you can download the BETA version. The link for downloading is in the first post.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    I'm on a Storm 1 running 5.0.0.328 and my App World is version 1.1.0.23. When I open to the application in App World I can select every button besides the download button. I can download the Elite version but not the free one, which is the one I want and had. Thanks for your help.
    01-06-10 06:46 PM
    This is on a Storm 2. Is this feature lost in this update or still present? notice the bit of code (?) in between the text...sometimes there is a LOT, sometimes (like this one) not that much:

01-06-10 07:22 PM
    Hmm all this talk about .873, how come I only
    have .827 on my 9700?
    Unless it goes by device and such...

Also hope Elite update comes out soon!!!
    01-06-10 11:01 PM
    This is on a Storm 2. Is this feature lost in this update or still present? notice the bit of code (?) in between the text...sometimes there is a LOT, sometimes (like this one) not that much:

Hi,

This code should not exist in the alert text in the latest verson of the application.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-06-10 11:01 PM
    Hmm all this talk about .873, how come I only
    have .827 on my 9700?
    Unless it goes by device and such...

Also hope Elite update comes out soon!!!
    Hi,

Just to confirm: the versions vary slightly by device.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-06-10 11:06 PM
    Can you tell me, should the radar maps be animated?
    01-07-10 06:50 PM
    Hey, got another question I wanted to ask...
    I'm thinking about maybe going back to my 9000,
    is there a way for me to transfer my Elite over without
    buying it again???
    01-07-10 11:11 PM
    Can you tell me, should the radar maps be animated?
    Hi,

The radar maps are not animated in the free version of the application. We provide animated maps in the Elite version of the application. In Elite you can animate - temperature, pressure, radar, satellite and a few others.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-08-10 08:05 AM
    Hey, got another question I wanted to ask...
    I'm thinking about maybe going back to my 9000,
    is there a way for me to transfer my Elite over without
    buying it again???
    Hi,

The best way to do it is through the App World. Go to the Elite download and scroll to the bottom. Click on contact support and provide your old PIN and new PIN.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-08-10 08:09 AM

Hi, is this detailed weather alert on all the phone platforms of Elite? On my Tour when I got an alert, it was just a one line message that went into my Message box, that said I had a weather alert, but gave no info.
    01-08-10 08:37 AM
    Hi, is this detailed weather alert on all the phone platforms of Elite? On my Tour when I got an alert, it was just a one line message that went into my Message box, that said I had a weather alert, but gave no info.
    Hi,

On Elite you should also get the message in the application. In the application you can get more details about the weather alert.

You will notice that the alert seems to be shorter in the Elite version of the application. We have had a number of users state they would like more text to be included in the Elite version and we will be adding this in a future build this year.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-08-10 10:27 AM
    I now have Elite ( version 825 ), when I go into radar/maps, can't figure out how to zoom in or change layers. Can you help?

Never mind figured it out, you have to go to full screen first.
    Last edited by lagoman; 01-09-10 at 01:42 PM.
    01-09-10 11:17 AM
    I'm having issues with the free version of WeatherBug. I have downloaded/installed version 1.0.0.866 from BB APP World. Permissions are set as follows:

Connections: ALLOW
    Interactions: CUSTOM
    User Data: ALLOW

I have a Tour running leaked OS version 5.0.0.419 with the WeatherBug application set to update my home screen icon every 30 minutes.

Sometimes this works great, other times no update happens for hours (especially with temp changes) and a manual update is required (which does not always happen as I get a message indicating that I'm unable to connect to WeatherBug). Other times I just get a giant "?" with the forecasted high/low.

No other data issues that I'm aware of (getting e-mail/bbm and internet is functioning. Battery pulls have not helped.

Any ideas?
    01-12-10 10:06 AM
    Also, e-mailed the link (for the beta version) to myself from the first page of this post, but when I looked at it for possible download to my phone it said "weatherbug elite" which I thought was the paid version.

I thought the links on the first page of this post were for the free version?
    01-12-10 10:36 AM
    Also, e-mailed the link (for the beta version) to myself from the first page of this post, but when I looked at it for possible download to my phone it said "weatherbug elite" which I thought was the paid version.

I thought the links on the first page of this post were for the free version?
    it says elite, but its still the free version. I just updated it myself.

Also, im having problems with the home screen icon. Its still the weatherbug logo and not the current conditions icon. I cant seem to figure out to get that to work.

- edit. nevermind, got it to work. battery pull does wonders.
    Last edited by aaronnn; 01-12-10 at 11:02 AM.
    01-12-10 10:49 AM
    I'm having issues with the free version of WeatherBug. I have downloaded/installed version 1.0.0.866 from BB APP World. Permissions are set as follows:

Connections: ALLOW
    Interactions: CUSTOM
    User Data: ALLOW

I have a Tour running leaked OS version 5.0.0.419 with the WeatherBug application set to update my home screen icon every 30 minutes.

Sometimes this works great, other times no update happens for hours (especially with temp changes) and a manual update is required (which does not always happen as I get a message indicating that I'm unable to connect to WeatherBug). Other times I just get a giant "?" with the forecasted high/low.

No other data issues that I'm aware of (getting e-mail/bbm and internet is functioning. Battery pulls have not helped.

Any ideas?

Could you send your location to [email protected]? It sounds like there is a data issue for the location you are using. Try changing to a different station for you location to see if that improves the issue.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-12-10 11:05 AM
    is there a way to get it to work with google maps instead of BB maps
    01-12-10 01:28 PM
    is there a way to get it to work with google maps instead of BB maps
    Hi,

It doesn't work with Google Maps but the latest builds use Bing maps.

The latest Elite versions and the BETA versions posted here use Bing maps instead of BlackBerry maps.

Eddie
    01-12-10 01:48 PM
    anyone installed the latest touch update on an S2 with 428? any feedback?

Also Eddie, could you please let us know what the change log is for the touch update?

Thanks!
    01-12-10 02:24 PM
    anyone installed the latest touch update on an S2 with 428? any feedback?

Also Eddie, could you please let us know what the change log is for the touch update?

Thanks!
    Hi,

We will post the full list on our forums after the final release to the BlackBerry App World. Here is a summary:

• Improved maps
    • Improved location management
    • Improved camera section
    • New alert layout
    • Improvements to networking
    • Additional preferences

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-13-10 05:46 AM
    Hi,

We will post the full list on our forums after the final release to the BlackBerry App World. Here is a summary:

• Improved maps
    • Improved location management
    • Improved camera section
    • New alert layout
    • Improvements to networking
    • Additional preferences

Thanks,
    Eddie
    What's the time frame for this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 05:56 AM
    What's the time frame for this?