hmmm, I just bought the weatherbug elite on AppWorld and I got version 1.0.0.825; I would like to have the version .873 like you saw. How do I get it? I went back onto AppWorld and I can't see how you check for updates.
    Depending on the device you may have different version numbers with the same feature set. Which device are you using?

Eddie
    12-16-09 10:16 AM
    Depending on the device you may have different version numbers with the same feature set. Which device are you using?

Eddie
    well as it shows in my profile, I am using a Tour 4.7.1.57; I just want to say that I am enjoying the Elite version much more than the free, and that one was good!
    12-16-09 10:19 AM
    well as it shows in my profile, I am using a Tour 4.7.1.57
    Opps, sorry about that.
    The latest build of Elite in the App World for your device is the 825 build.
    We are working on testing updates to the Elite application and will move the new version to the App World ASAP.
    12-16-09 10:38 AM
    I just installed this on my Tour and WOW what an improvement. Quick load time when the app is launched and by far a very much better user experience in this build!!
    12-16-09 10:44 AM
    Question.... is there any way to get the elite version (when updated) besides BB App World? I don't use paypal.
    12-16-09 01:43 PM
    Opps, sorry about that.
    The latest build of Elite in the App World for your device is the 825 build.
    We are working on testing updates to the Elite application and will move the new version to the App World ASAP.
    okay, thank you! I am pretty happy with this program, I get speedy updates and very smooth operation. I wish the home screen icon was a little bigger
    12-16-09 01:51 PM
    Question.... is there any way to get the elite version (when updated) besides BB App World? I don't use paypal.
    Currently there is no way to do it. We are planning to look at additional options. So hopefully in the future you will be able to get the Elite application from multiple sources.
    12-16-09 02:25 PM
    Currently there is no way to do it. We are planning to look at additional options. So hopefully in the future you will be able to get the Elite application from multiple sources.
    Thanks. Mobihand or Handango is usually where I purchase my apps. Both are good resources. Hopefully you'll provide it soon.
    12-16-09 03:48 PM
    I had asked a question a few posts ago regarding weather alert notifications and including more information. In Connecticut we are under a winter storm watch and when I view the alert the only details it gives me is:

Winter Storm Watch
    valid until 12-20-09 11:00am
    Weatherbug NWS Winter Storm Watch for you location. Event starts 7 am on 12/19

I was wondering if WB could include a link or incorporate addition alert/storm details of the alert similiar to which is viewable through the regular WB website. Thanks
    12-18-09 10:11 AM
    I had asked a question a few posts ago regarding weather alert notifications and including more information. In Connecticut we are under a winter storm watch and when I view the alert the only details it gives me is:

Winter Storm Watch
    valid until 12-20-09 11:00am
    Weatherbug NWS Winter Storm Watch for you location. Event starts 7 am on 12/19

I was wondering if WB could include a link or incorporate addition alert/storm details of the alert similiar to which is viewable through the regular WB website. Thanks
    I highly second this request. I got an Alert this morning but it only give the start and stop times with no further information. It would be great to include all of the National Weather Service Forecast official alert info on the screen.
    12-18-09 10:35 AM
    I highly second this request. I got an Alert this morning but it only give the start and stop times with no further information. It would be great to include all of the National Weather Service Forecast official alert info on the screen.
    Hi,

We have discussed this and will be including more information in the alerts for an upcoming release.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    12-19-09 09:53 AM
    i have a tour os4.7..61. i've been using this beta for a few days now. i love the user interface as well as all the features. however, i've noticed that the icon does not update upon startup. i just get the weatherbug logo. also, when i move from one city to the next, the gps "my location" setting does not auto-update. it still shows data from the last place i was in, so i have to manually update it. i dont' think it's my gps because i have bbweather gps running as well, and that seems to update fine. i also get the question mark from time to time.

one question: what does the "run gps fix" option actually do?
    12-19-09 11:53 PM
    however, i've noticed that the icon does not update upon startup. i just get the weatherbug logo.
    you are correct. WB only updates X minutes after startup, where X is the auto update number you set up in WB. Default is 30 mins.
    12-20-09 10:48 AM
    i have a tour os4.7..61. i've been using this beta for a few days now. i love the user interface as well as all the features. however, i've noticed that the icon does not update upon startup. i just get the weatherbug logo. also, when i move from one city to the next, the gps "my location" setting does not auto-update. it still shows data from the last place i was in, so i have to manually update it. i dont' think it's my gps because i have bbweather gps running as well, and that seems to update fine. i also get the question mark from time to time.

one question: what does the "run gps fix" option actually do?
    Run GPS fix will kick of GPS fix and try to update the GPS location. If the device gets a fix it will update the data.

There is an option in preferences to run a GPS fix when you start the application. This option will cause the application to run a GPS fix everytime you start the application.

Eddie
    12-21-09 10:34 AM
    I love this new update idk which one i had but this one much better lol
    12-21-09 01:52 PM
    Tried to download to my Tour (Verizon 4.7 latest OS) and after three or four (already exists do you want to replace) notifications, it said "Download failed". 907 COD error.
    12-21-09 11:42 PM
    Tried to download to my Tour (Verizon 4.7 latest OS) and after three or four (already exists do you want to replace) notifications, it said "Download failed". 907 COD error.
    Please try to delete the previous version of the application before installing the update.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    12-22-09 05:46 AM
    my only complaint is the way you switch between locations, i like the way it was before where it was displayed at the top of the screen (under the ad of course). My only complaint with it before was that sometimes the cursor would get stuck on the ad. Other wise keep up the good work!
    12-23-09 09:17 PM
    Am wondering when us paid Weatherbug Elite users might be getting their update???
    12-24-09 08:08 AM
    Please try to delete the previous version of the application before installing the update.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Running a Tour with 4.7 latest OS from Verizon.

So I stopped trying to install because I didn't have time, but then my regular Weatherbug stopped working even though I told the BB to not install the new version. When I try running the program it says that module wb_monsoon is missing.

Then I went to App World and tried to reinstall the old version but it just says "Loading" and I can't get any response in App World. If I go to My World and try to pull up the menu for Weatherbug I get no response so I can't delete the app through App World.

I used FileScout to go directly to the folders on my BB and I deleted the Weatherbug folder, restarted my BB, but the icon still shows up and nothing still works.

Then I tried to download the beta version and I am getting a message that says "The downloaded module is incompatible with data already stored on the device. Upgrade anyway (some applications may not function)? YES/NO.

I am now concerned that I am going to wreck something if I continue but I no longer have ANY version of Weatherbug.

Any thoughts?

Update: I also deleted the icon by selecting the menu and choosing delete. I was then able to download the beta and install with no messages and no issues. So I guess that since App World delete wasn't working properly the trick was to use FileScout to delete the folder and BB to delete the icon. Odd that it wouldn't install with any vestige of the original program present but looks like I'm good to go now.
    Last edited by heresolong; 12-24-09 at 11:53 AM.
    12-24-09 10:52 AM
    I'm having trouble with this application on 5.0. Whenever I update the home screen the wind direction and temperature show nothing. I grabbed a screenshot to show this.

Any help would be appreciated
    01-01-10 08:39 AM
    I'm having trouble with this application on 5.0. Whenever I update the home screen the wind direction and temperature show nothing. I grabbed a screenshot to show this.

Any help would be appreciated
    Hi,

Is any other data being delivered to the application (does the forecast section show data)?

Can you send a bug report through the application?
    To do so:
    1) Open the full menu
    2) Select "Help"
    3) Select "Email the Developers"

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-01-10 12:00 PM
    Hi,

Is any other data being delivered to the application (does the forecast section show data)?

Can you send a bug report through the application?
    To do so:
    1) Open the full menu
    2) Select "Help"
    3) Select "Email the Developers"

Thanks,
    Eddie
    I get forecasts/radars just fine. Everything else works, it's only the home screen, with those two sets of data I'm not receiving.

I'll send the bug report now
    01-01-10 12:28 PM
    Didn't know Weatherbug was on CB?!
    I got to ask you something though!
    I used to use WB Direct on all my BB's, recently
    its doesn't keep the zip code correct that you enter.
    It usually changes up 2 numbers but will still read the correct
    town you had it set to.
    So I had to get Elite for my 9700, even though its awesome,
    since Direct had that little bug. Oh and on the 9700 everything
    would show up real small on the screen to where I would have
    to zoom in everytime.
    Any idea whats going on??
    01-01-10 01:03 PM
    Didn't know Weatherbug was on CB?!
    I got to ask you something though!
    I used to use WB Direct on all my BB's, recently
    its doesn't keep the zip code correct that you enter.
    It usually changes up 2 numbers but will still read the correct
    town you had it set to.
    So I had to get Elite for my 9700, even though its awesome,
    since Direct had that little bug. Oh and on the 9700 everything
    would show up real small on the screen to where I would have
    to zoom in everytime.
    Any idea whats going on??
    Hi,

As far as the ZIP code issue - I am not sure what is going on. Could you e-mail me at [email protected] with the zip code you are entering and the zip code it is becoming?

Is the same text of the website (WeatherBug Direct) or on the Elite application?

Thanks,
    Eddie
    01-01-10 06:49 PM
292 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD