Follow-up: So I installed the free Weatherbug Beta v1.1.0.11. Completely hung my BB 8130 w/ OS 4.5.0.175. Home screen will not display the temp. Other home screen buttons stopped working. Had to remove app from the Desktop Manager interface.

I went back to WeatherBug 0.9.6.6 and re-installed it for the fourth time. While the home screen displays the current temp and the forecast, I could not get the home screen to update the current temp automatically. I set the update to every 10 minutes, tried it with Weatherbug open and not and the home screen just will not update by itself. I also have WeatherEye installed and when I saw that the temp as displayed by WeatherEye has changed by 5C (9F), I manually told WeatherBug to update itself. Only then did the home screen change to the correct current temperature. I've decided to also uninstall WeatherBug 0.9.6.6 and I'm staying with WeatherEye.

Elrohir59
    After you installed were you able to set up a location?
    12-09-09 03:44 PM
    I'm assuming you're referring to the BETA installation, so: Yup. I got that far. I was also able to display the list of "personal" weather stations available in my city. After I made a choice, I got back to the main screen. Then I went to the BB home screen. The Weatherbug icon is there, but it is not updating. I then tried my other icons and none of them did anything.

Elrohir59
    12-09-09 05:31 PM
    Was wondering when the Weatherbug Elite update might come out. Also was wondering if there are any plans on changing the weather alert information. When I receive an alert, all it tells me is the type of alert and times. It would be nice to include and be able to read any specific information associated with the weather alert. Thanks
    12-10-09 12:00 PM
    hrm. is any version of WeatherBug compatible with a BB 8330curve ?
    12-10-09 02:19 PM
    hrm. is any version of WeatherBug compatible with a BB 8330curve ?
    We have a version that supports all BlackBerrys running the 4.5 OS.

You can download it here:
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/45/45.jad

Eddie
    12-10-09 02:58 PM
    Was wondering when the Weatherbug Elite update might come out. Also was wondering if there are any plans on changing the weather alert information. When I receive an alert, all it tells me is the type of alert and times. It would be nice to include and be able to read any specific information associated with the weather alert. Thanks
    Elite is a couple weeks out and will appear in the App World.

You should already be able to get the alert details by clicking on the small arrow at the bottom of the alert. We will be addressing this in the next release by making the entire alert clickable/swipable.
    12-10-09 03:00 PM
    Elite is a couple weeks out and will appear in the App World.

You should already be able to get the alert details by clicking on the small arrow at the bottom of the alert. We will be addressing this in the next release by making the entire alert clickable/swipable.
    I thought the Beta I had was for the elite, and it wasn't out yet? I was waiting for the elite to get updated LOL???
    12-10-09 03:26 PM
    I thought the Beta I had was for the elite, and it wasn't out yet? I was waiting for the elite to get updated LOL???
    This BETA is for the free application. The Elite application has additional features and will be updated in the App World in a couple of weeks.
    12-10-09 03:29 PM
    This BETA is for the free application. The Elite application has additional features and will be updated in the App World in a couple of weeks.
    Ok, I got it Thanks!
    12-10-09 03:34 PM
    Would the 5.0 work on a 8330 running a 5.0 Hybrid?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 04:20 PM
    Would the 5.0 work on a 8330 running a 5.0 Hybrid?

You could try the 45 build. The 50 may work but I have not tested it on all the hybrids

12-10-09 08:18 PM
    I'd like to see an option in preferences to disable weather alerts notification. Having to go into the profile and selecting mute for in/out of holster takes too many steps. I would keep the ! status on the app icon, just disable the sound/vibration notification.
    12-11-09 06:37 AM
    I'd like to see an option in preferences to disable weather alerts notification. Having to go into the profile and selecting mute for in/out of holster takes too many steps. I would keep the ! status on the app icon, just disable the sound/vibration notification.
    We have discussed a feature like this. It will likely appear sometime early next year. It will allow you to set how you would like certain alerts to notify you. (Maybe tornado alerts you want to always buzz, ring, and change the icon - while costal flood alerts you only want to change the icon).
    12-11-09 06:44 AM
    We have discussed a feature like this. It will likely appear sometime early next year. It will allow you to set how you would like certain alerts to notify you. (Maybe tornado alerts you want to always buzz, ring, and change the icon - while costal flood alerts you only want to change the icon).
    Yes that would work well. I sure would like to know when a tornado is nearing my back door.
    12-11-09 07:29 AM
    We have a version that supports all BlackBerrys running the 4.5 OS.

You can download it here:
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/45/45.jad

Eddie

I have the weatherbug elite on my ipod for sometime now and there is not even a listing for my town but there are for other smaller towns(around me) also no where close to an location to set for my radar data to come from. BerryWeather works much better for my 8330 . I saw you posted a OTA for the 8330 I know there used to be a free weatherbug(june 2009) that was full of ads on that version for the 8330 is that the same one you posted?

Also when is there going to be an update for the weatherbug elite(for the ipod) I dont think I ever have gotten one just my original purchased when I installed it? I dont even think there is a way to contact any support to ask this question from the ipods application either thats why I posted it here when I saw the thread to inquire about .

PS ; Just got a bogus report it's not 0 degrees here anyone else getting false reports with weatherbug elite?

I have my location set to Charlotte,NC but then the closest weather site i get is miles away (lowes speedway,uncc, monroe ) all those are 20 miles at least away from me even if I select a smaller town down the road(midland) the weather locations that report are distance from me
    Last edited by DavidNC; 12-11-09 at 03:21 PM. Reason: ps added,more info added
    12-11-09 02:25 PM
    I have the weatherbug elite on my ipod for sometime now and there is not even a listing for my town but there are for other smaller towns(around me) also no where close to an location to set for my radar data to come from. BerryWeather works much better for my 8330 . I saw you posted a OTA for the 8330 I know there used to be a free weatherbug(june 2009) that was full of ads on that version for the 8330 is that the same one you posted?

Also when is there going to be an update for the weatherbug elite(for the ipod) I dont think I ever have gotten one just my original purchased when I installed it? I dont even think there is a way to contact any support to ask this question from the ipods application either thats why I posted it here when I saw the thread to inquire about .

PS ; Just got a bogus report it's not 0 degrees here anyone else getting false reports with weatherbug elite?
    Hi,

In terms of the IPod - there is a faq page within the application which should allow you to provide feedback. If that doesn't work then I believe you can provide feedback through itunes.

In terms of the 8330 application - this is the first time that we are releasing this version of the application. The ads included in the application are similar to the ads included in the free version of the ipod or android application.

Eddie
    12-11-09 03:15 PM
    Thanks for your reply I did find that on the ipod link on my ipod after I posted and did send in questions regarding the ipod app. I will give the time to reply before I try though itunes for my ipod .thanks again Thanks for the info on the 8330 as well

12-11-09 03:49 PM
    Since Berryweather is still down and no way of knowing when it will be back up Im going to try this now
    12-13-09 09:09 AM
    Since Berryweather is still down and no way of knowing when it will be back up Im going to try this now
    You won't be disappointed. Much better app.
    12-13-09 05:13 PM
    I just noticed in BB Appworld that there was a new version of Weatherbug Elite (1.0.0.873) Is this the updated version that has been talked about??
    12-15-09 10:27 AM
    I just noticed in BB Appworld that there was a new version of Weatherbug Elite (1.0.0.873) Is this the updated version that has been talked about??
    No. This is an intermediate build to fix some of the bugs in the previous version. The BETA has new UI elements and navigation as well as optimizations for speed.
    12-15-09 12:24 PM
    No. This is an intermediate build to fix some of the bugs in the previous version. The BETA has new UI elements and navigation as well as optimizations for speed.
    Gotcha thanks. Is there a reason that when I checked for an update thru the WB app it said no update availablle and then I checked BB appworld and it gave me the update? And will we be notified when the new update is out? Thanks for the info and feedback.
    12-15-09 12:48 PM
    Gotcha thanks. Is there a reason that when I checked for an update thru the WB app it said no update availablle and then I checked BB appworld and it gave me the update? And will we be notified when the new update is out? Thanks for the info and feedback.
    You will be notified of the new update through the BlackBerry App World.
    12-16-09 04:47 AM
    I currently have berry weather. Since the purchase a few months back ($10) this app has always been a pain in the neck...sometimes down and NO INFO Available! and NOW they are updating to a newer version and I AM NOT PAYING AGAIN FOR SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER WORKED PROPERLY IN THE FIRST PLACE. I am looking for a new weather app. Is this app a one time fee? Or is it a monthly fee?
    I also used BW for a year and even installed the new vers 2 TWO WEEKS ago; they are having an issue helping me pay for my upgrade to vers 2 and my trial ran out. So I installed the free Weather Bug and it is a nice program. The icons aren't as pretty as BW but it does what it's supposed to and offers a bunch of local weather stations to use as your source. The one I chose is ONE mile from my house I am going to spring for the Weather Bug Elite, which is no ads. I am very happy with it.
    12-16-09 08:52 AM
    hmmm, I just bought the weatherbug elite on AppWorld and I got version 1.0.0.825; I would like to have the version .873 like you saw. How do I get it? I went back onto AppWorld and I can't see how you check for updates.
    12-16-09 10:14 AM
292 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD