Hi,

We have updated our non-touch BlackBerry weather application.

This update includes:
    1. Updated navigation optimized for non-touch
    2. Updated weather maps
    3. Updated camera section
    4. Updated location management
    5. Updated data fetching and data processing
    6. Updated alert section
    7. Support for OS 4.5

Today, we are releasing the free non-touch builds for an open BETA. We will soon be updating premium users through the BlackBerry App World.

You can access the free builds (by OS version) below.

NonTouch:
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/45/45.jad
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/46/46.jad
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/47/47.jad
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/50/50.jad

Touch:
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/47/47.jad
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/dow...ouch/50/50.jad

You can provide feedback in a number of different ways:

Please let us know what you think and what you would like to see in the next version of the application.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Last edited by WeatherBug; 01-06-10 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Split touch and nontouch
    11-30-09 06:48 AM
    Downloaded on my Tour. Great improvement, it's much faster and the new maps are awesome. The new layout is easier to use as well. Nice!
    11-30-09 08:20 AM
    Any idea when the Storm will see this update? Although the new version of Berryweather will soon be out and it looks to be very, very nice, so it's going to be a tough sell to keep Weatherbug Elite. Most frustrating right now is the slow update times, especially when using GPS location. I don't even bother looking at the long range forcast as it takes so long to refresh.
    11-30-09 08:26 AM
    Any idea when the Storm will see this update? Although the new version of Berryweather will soon be out and it looks to be very, very nice, so it's going to be a tough sell to keep Weatherbug Elite. Most frustrating right now is the slow update times, especially when using GPS location. I don't even bother looking at the long range forcast as it takes so long to refresh.
    We are currently in developement of a Storm/Storm 2 update. It will be sometime soon after the non-touch release. The slow data update times are addressed in the new builds but the new builds still use standalone GPS for location updates (Except on Sprint/Nextel). We are looking into other options for location detection and will look to provide an update.
    11-30-09 08:31 AM
    For some reason my download always fails!
    11-30-09 09:27 AM
    For some reason my download always fails!
    Which link are you using?
    11-30-09 09:29 AM
    I am using the 2nd one that's for 4.7 OS which is what I have on my TOUR.
    11-30-09 09:29 AM
    I am using the 2nd one that's for 4.7 OS which is what I have on my TOUR.
    Is any error message provided?
    11-30-09 09:32 AM
    It says it'll replace my older version, which is fine/correct, then it says something about some stuff may not work on my phone, I keep going, then download fails!
    11-30-09 09:36 AM
    It says it'll replace my older version, which is fine/correct, then it says something about some stuff may not work on my phone, I keep going, then download fails!
    Could you try to delete your previous version of the application then try to download the BETA? Which version are you currently using?
    11-30-09 09:39 AM
    Umm, it's 1.0.0.325 I believe...
    11-30-09 09:43 AM
    Is there a update for Weather Bug Direct? I have OS 4.5.
    11-30-09 09:44 AM
    Is there a update for Weather Bug Direct? I have OS 4.5.
    Currently there is no update for WeatherBug Direct.
    11-30-09 09:45 AM
    I had to remove my previous version before the download was successful. Love the shortcuts and larger home screen with conditions. Had to pull the battery before the temp/forecast updated the icon.
    11-30-09 10:27 AM
    Update: even after the battery pull and making sure the forecast icon option is set in preferences, the home screen icon does not update - just the weatherbug icon shows. Running on a bold.
    11-30-09 10:34 AM
    Update: even after the battery pull and making sure the forecast icon option is set in preferences, the home screen icon does not update - just the weatherbug icon shows. Running on a bold.
    Which OS version are you running on the bold?
    11-30-09 10:44 AM
    Which OS version are you running on the bold?
    Latest from AT&T 4.6.0.304
    11-30-09 10:48 AM
    Is it possible to do a license change from my S1 to my S2 without having to re-purchase the app? Ive tried emailing your support 3 times....
    11-30-09 11:35 AM
    Is it possible to do a license change from my S1 to my S2 without having to re-purchase the app? Ive tried emailing your support 3 times....
    Which support channel did you use (e-mail in the application, through the App World ...)?

You should be able to do this with the My World section of the App World.
    11-30-09 11:42 AM
    Which support channel did you use (e-mail in the application, through the App World ...)?

You should be able to do this with the My World section of the App World.
    I used the email under 'contact support' in App World.

I re-installed the application fine from My World, but it says my key is not valid.
    11-30-09 12:05 PM
    I see a Sunrise/Sunset listing on the home screen but there's no data. Just wondering if this will be available?
    11-30-09 12:54 PM
    I see a Sunrise/Sunset listing on the home screen but there's no data. Just wondering if this will be available?
    This data will be included in the released version.
    11-30-09 12:59 PM
    i also purchased elite thru application world and i still have my activation code....but i cant log into my paypal account to download elite from app world....is there any other way to download elite?
    11-30-09 01:00 PM
    What data? Mine tells me the current temp and the forecast.
    11-30-09 01:03 PM
    What data? Mine tells me the current temp and the forecast.
    The homescreen will tell you the temp and forecast. I believe the question was about the sunrise/sunset fields that are on the home page in the application (where the windvane is). These fields currently don't display data but will when the application is released in the App World.
    11-30-09 01:05 PM
292 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD