So I've been using weatherbug forever and like it. However, lately the entire weatherbug system has been giving totally bogus forecasts. It's not the app itself, it's the weatherbug system, because when I go on the weatherbug web site, I get forecasts like this:

-------
    Today
    7/17/2010
    Hi: 72�

Mostly sunny...except for patchy early morning low clouds and fog near the coast. Highs 76 to 81 near the coast to 85 to 90 inland. Light winds.
    -------

So it says a high of 72 and then in the description it ranges starting at 76?? I can tell you I live right on the beach, the coolest part of the area, and it's nowhere near 72, it's closer to 80.

And this forecast is the same throughout my area. It's not a localization thing. If I change my zip to somewhere inland that's well over 80, even 85 today, it still gives a forecast of "72."

It's been doing this since temps started going up the last few weeks. Even the weather channel gives a forecast today that's SEVEN degrees higher than weatherbug. A couple of days ago my weatherbug home screen icon read:

67F 82/65

Meaning it had predicted a high of 67 when in fact the current temp was 82! 15+ degrees off? Come on.

Is this just my area or what? Anybody else experiencing this?
    07-17-10 03:14 PM
    I have had this happen every once in a while with WeatherBug also. There has been other threads about the weather stations going offline or giving bogus info. Try clearing your locations and then re-adding them. Also try the "my location" and let the internal gps find the nearest weather station. Good luck.
    07-18-10 12:00 PM
    I could never get Weather bug to work properly for my 9700. I use BeWeather which is a very nice app. I havent upgraded to the paid version yet just because the features I use are all available on the free app.
    07-18-10 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD