I was wondering what everyone's general opinion of the new WeatherBug Elite is, compared to
    BerryWeather?

The current conditions icon for BerryWeather still has issues that appear
    to be related to the data source.

WeatheBug Elite has some nice new features and the animated map is more detailed now.
    Some of the theme developers should love this new WB Elite.
    07-31-09 03:18 PM
    I haven't had ANY issues with Berry Weather on the current build (4 weeks and 12 states)
    07-31-09 03:42 PM
    My BerryWeather sometimes stops updating. It could be the source but when I remove the location and add it right back, it'll go back to updating. I paid for it so I'm sticking with it... but I hope it wouldn't do that. I experience this maybe once a week or so.

Haven't seen WeatherBug elite. Going to go check it out now.
    07-31-09 03:47 PM
    i love berryweather and never had a problem with it.
    07-31-09 04:01 PM
    What is weatherbug elite?
    07-31-09 04:05 PM
    My BerryWeather sometimes stops updating. It could be the source but when I remove the location and add it right back, it'll go back to updating. I paid for it so I'm sticking with it... but I hope it wouldn't do that. I experience this maybe once a week or so.

Are you running the latest version of BW? v1.5.47
    07-31-09 04:19 PM
    Mine is v1.5.35. Didn't know it was updated...
    Going to update now.

As far as WeatherBug elite, I could be wrong but it seems like it's an iPhone app.
    07-31-09 04:26 PM
    WB Elite is the paid version ($4.99 on App World) of WB with added features.

Meh. The free version works good enough for me.The no ads on Elite is nice, though.
    07-31-09 04:29 PM
    WB Elite is the paid version ($4.99 on App World) of WB with added features.

Meh. The free version works good enough for me.The no ads on Elite is nice, though.
    to bad it is not sold on CB or mobihand. i would buy it if it was.
    07-31-09 04:56 PM

I have the same issue.
    07-31-09 04:58 PM
    I have the same issue.
    upgrade to the new version and your problems will be solved.
    07-31-09 05:01 PM
    Are you running the latest version of BW? v1.5.47
    I was using the latest version of BerryWeather, and the app updates the weather data just fine.
    But the "Current Conditions" icon does not update properly.
    It can be poring rain, and the app always shows a sun icon and
    shows "Fair" conditions.
    I am in Canada, and this has been a longterm issue for BerryWeather.

WB Elite is the newest version and I like the animated maps and everything seems to work very well so far.

Temp and weather alerts are now displayed under the date, on the homescreen.
    And you done have to go find your own source for weather maps.
    Last edited by nulldog; 07-31-09 at 05:49 PM.
    07-31-09 05:47 PM
    BerryWeather updates like once an hour. I had the same problem with Weather Channel one. WeatherBug updates constantly. No question which is better. _EJ
    07-31-09 05:57 PM
    Yeah; I submitted a request that more interval times be included in a future update, like 8, 12 and 24 hours. Adding a no update interval would be nice as well.
    07-31-09 06:15 PM
    Both apps have their pros/cons but its more like a choice of what you want from a weather app.
    And where you live.
    07-31-09 07:57 PM
    So I just downloaded the elite version and its asking me to enter the activation code, but the email I got confirming my order had no code. Any ideas?
    07-31-09 09:09 PM
    So I just downloaded the elite version and its asking me to enter the activation code, but the email I got confirming my order had no code. Any ideas?
    Your license number is in the details for Weather Bug Elite in App World -> My World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 09:44 PM
    BerryWeather updates like once an hour. I had the same problem with Weather Channel one. WeatherBug updates constantly. No question which is better. _EJ
    Maybe that's your experience with BerryWeather, but not mine. Mine faithfully updates on its own, as instructed, every 15 minutes. And I've tried about every single weather app out there.

No question for me which one is better - BerryWeather.

(in other words - everybody has their own preference - check 'em all out and go with the one YOU like best.)
    07-31-09 09:45 PM
    Your license number is in the details for Weather Bug Elite in App World -> My World.

Thank you!
    07-31-09 09:50 PM
    See, now that's your problem. Some applications you have to set up certain parameters to work correctly. If you had set BerryWeather to update every 15 minutes, you would have been the same as WB. Ah, the joys of reading.
    07-31-09 10:39 PM
    I'm actually glad someone started this thread. I saw the WB elite today and was wondering how it stacked up to BW. I have tried the free WB, but the radar is not animated and is slow to update/layer the maps. I have been using the BW trial and it is by far the best I have used, but it doesn't seem to want to update while holstered. I'll be watching this thread. I'm sure I'll buy one or the other.
    07-31-09 11:23 PM
    For detailed weather information/options with minimal battery and memory loss IMO BerryWeather's latest version 1.5.47 is one of the best weather apps available.
    08-01-09 07:23 AM
    upgrade to the new version and your problems will be solved.
    I upgraded the day it came out and I still have issues with updates. I think the problem is when it tries to updated when there is a poor signal. The problem is it shuts down all the data from coming to my phone when it does it.

I uninstalled it for a week and the problem went away, I like the look and feel of BW, but if it stops me from getting email it's not so worth it. I'm going to try WB elite and post back finding.
    08-01-09 09:52 AM
    I own berry weather and just bought Weatherbug Elite. The temperature icon in the top bar is awesome! Love it! Uninstalled Berry Weather already.

Just wish they would make it compatible with google maps so I don't have to have Blackberry Maps installed.

08-01-09 11:56 AM
    ... it didn't seem to help. (I DID read about update frequency, btw.) Yikes - didn't mean to offend on my first ever post! I just HAPPENED to have something to contribute for the first time on one of my favorite sites. Please don't blame me. Given I've been challenged here, please let me be specific about my experience that led me to actually post something:

While in Tucson recently, I was amazed that it got up to 115 degree outside, so I decided to compare weather apps. A brief torrential storm passed through (appparently a regular summer ocurrence in Tucson). The weather (temperature, wind, rain) was clearly delayed with the BerryWeather app (and the Weather Channel app). To be clear: the thunderstorm never really properly registered on Berry Weather. It was interesting - almost like it missed the storm altogether. According to the exterior temperature guage on my car, it went from 110 degrees to 84 in 15 minutes during the storm, and then was up well into the 90's within a short period of time after the storm cleared. Weatherbug followed it accurately - I was there experiencing it from my car. Berry Weather did not. Granted it may have been a data source issue like someone pointed out - although i'm not really sure what that means.

So it was a very interesting test - I got lucky and I'm reporting what I found. That said, I am addicted and I've always liked this site - and just thought I'd finally get involved here....great site guys. thanks...EJ

Maybe that's your experience with BerryWeather, but not mine. Mine faithfully updates on its own, as instructed, every 15 minutes. And I've tried about every single weather app out there.

No question for me which one is better - BerryWeather.

(in other words - everybody has their own preference - check 'em all out and go with the one YOU like best.)
    08-01-09 02:03 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD