Well, I have OS version 6 now for Bold 9700 and now have trouble with the radar portion of Weatherbug Elite version 2.0.0.61. When I try to start the animated radar, it jams up my Bold running OS version 6. It tries to load the images, but stalls. Then it is near impossible to get off the screen and close the weatherbug app. It worked fine with OS version 5. I have un-installed and reinstalled weatherbug elite, and it still will not run radar correctly. Could this just be a memory thing? Prior to upgrade to version 6 of BB OS on Bold 9700, I had 106 megabytes clear. After upgrade free memory is down to near 60 megabytes and it clocks much more than it did previously.
    04-06-11 09:40 PM
    Works fine for me, but radar is slow to load. I once had problems when running from wifi. Is out the same whether on wifi or 3G?
    04-06-11 11:59 PM
    Thanks- You were right. I checked and it does work on 3G. But WiFi crashes the system. Since then I have notified weatherbug and they suggest it is a bug in the new blackberry operating system. I doubt that. Seems I remember now that this happened last time with a bit different error on WiFi. that was a weatherbug issue then.

To clarify, they suggested that permissions were not set correctly in the installation process, particular for the issue may be "problem with the app access permission to the search web address." What I did to fix it was to reset the permissions of weatherbug to default levels. I had not touched the permissions, but somehow the install of OS upgrade had made changes.

Works fine for me, but radar is slow to load. I once had problems when running from wifi. Is out the same whether on wifi or 3G?
    Last edited by rbwalton; 04-07-11 at 07:26 PM.
    04-07-11 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD