Is there a good, free (or inexpensive) weather program for the 8300??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-07 11:17 AM
    I copied this info from this forum:
    "BlackBerry Push Weather Clients
    Get useful weather information on your berry each and every day. The software (choose from AccuWeather or The Weather Network) lets you choose how you would like to receive updates... as a text message or have a browser channel appear on your homepage".

"Very neat, very handy, and we recommend it".

Download BlackBerry Push Weather Clients from your BlackBerry at:
    http://mobile.blackberry.com/mss/category_push
    07-24-07 12:48 PM
    I use push weather. It puts an icon right on your home screen that changes based on the weather. It is very nice. Once you sign up, it takes a while for the icon to appear though. It didn't show up on my device for like 3 days after I subscribed. But it is free, so I can't complain.
    07-24-07 01:17 PM
    thanks guys (though that link is a bust). I'll find it on the mobile.blackberry.com site and give it a go.
    07-24-07 01:30 PM
    I have been using AccuWeather for some time now. Started using it on my Pearl, then when I went the Curve. It's a great program! My only complaint is that sometimes when there is pretty nasty weather going on where I am, the program won't load. It probably happens 2 out of 15 times or so. Just try it again in a few minutes and it usually loads right up. Easy to use. Would recommend it.
    07-24-07 07:29 PM
    Mcangeli,

Sorry about that. I copied the link right off of this forum. Perhaps it worked when the link was given out originally but for some reason it gives an error.
    I usually try out a link myself before I recommend it but because it came from the forum, I didn't give it a second thought.

Gia
    07-24-07 07:53 PM
    Noone mentioned BBWeather. I have been using that for a long time and have had no issues with it. And its free!
    07-25-07 11:10 AM
    Yea, I downloaded bbtoday (has weather on it) and I also did the weather push thing... Only down side is the amount of time between updates. Anyway to make it update more than 2 times a day??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-07 12:53 PM
    Are you sure this push weather thing goes right on your home screen as an icon that changes along with the weather? I just installed it and it told me it would only update twice a day, and that I have to view it through the Web browser home screen...
    07-25-07 01:32 PM
    Are you sure this push weather thing goes right on your home screen as an icon that changes along with the weather? I just installed it and it told me it would only update twice a day, and that I have to view it through the Web browser home screen...
    it'll pop up eventually
    07-25-07 01:35 PM
    Once you sign up, it takes a while for the icon to appear though. It didn't show up on my device for like 3 days after I subscribed. But it is free, so I can't complain.

That is all.
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-28-07 at 05:33 PM.
    07-25-07 01:35 PM
    Accu Weather can also be very varied in its delivery service. Sometimes very sporadic.

You might be better to have Viigo and then pull a Weather RSS Feed to it...
    07-25-07 02:22 PM
    I did get the home screen icon.... but it's 9:15am and it claims it's nighttime... USELESS.

I'm taking it off and trying BBWeather.
    07-26-07 08:15 AM
    Wasafiri, the problem with the acuweather push is that it only updates twice a day..... so at three in the afternoon when its 90 degrees (f) the icon still says 70...

While its good for the outlook, current temp sucks. bbtoday or bbweather seem to work better...
    07-26-07 08:39 AM
    Agreed... Unfortunately, bbweather (0.74) completely freezes up my Curve. Installed it and when I open it, I can't use my Curve at all, it's hard frozen and I have to do a battery pull to get it to work again. Not good. I took it off.
    07-26-07 11:07 AM
    Wasafiri, the problem with the acuweather push is that it only updates twice a day..... so at three in the afternoon when its 90 degrees (f) the icon still says 70...

While its good for the outlook, current temp sucks. bbtoday or bbweather seem to work better...
    Correct but you can refresh....

I still swear by Viigo Weather....i have both going the BB and i take an average between the two....
    07-26-07 01:42 PM
    Wouldn't it be just easier to find out the current weather by sticking your head out the door??? OK...OK.... my first post had to be sarcatsic... sorry 'bout that. I had used The Weather Network push with my old BB, but haven't been able to successfully navigate my new curve fully, to be able to find all that I need!! I will shortly!!
    08-26-07 05:41 PM
    Hi,

I've been using Journal Bar for BlackBerry for a while for weather, (as well as news, RSS and stocks)

It works super well, and it keeps the current temp and forecast on the program icon so you can check it at a glance ... (Let's me know what to put on my head before I stick it out the door to check!

Check it out on their website at journalbar.com
    11-07-07 08:55 PM
    Accuweather would be a neat program, but it never updates the home screen icon. It always tells me that the moon is out, and it lets me know that it rained, two days ago. Plus it took forever to figure out how to delete the program.
    12-11-09 06:06 PM
    I use BBWeather, and it has yet to more than 2 degrees off. Homescreen updates every 30 minutes, with forecast every 120. Very customizable, and the price is right.

[url=http://bbrtm.org/bbweather/[/url]

Jack
    12-11-09 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD