Hi all,

Looking for a good weather program for the new Curve for a friend. Tried downloading from weathernetwork but apparently it isn't supported fully by the new OS (i.e., can't get the options to show current vs short term vs long term forecasts as it does on my Curve 8310!).

Liked the ease of use of that ap.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
    01-16-09 08:02 AM
    Hi pbc, I've downloaded and am using WeatherEye from The Weather Network. I've had no issues so far and the application is fully functional on my 8900. I couldn't find the Current vs. ST vs. LT display option as you mentioned, so I'm not sure if that is a feature in the version for 4.6 OS's.
    01-16-09 08:24 AM
    I have weather eye on my 8900. When you click the icon and the hit the BB Menu key the ST - LT - options menu will appear at the bottom of the screen.
    01-16-09 09:28 AM
    Right, but I think the OP is referring to seeing them all on one screen in comparison. Each of those pages work perfectly fine on their own for me too.
    01-16-09 09:30 AM
    I have only ever used it on OS 4.6 and higher, so I cant comment on how it might look under 4.2 or 4.5.

I dont see why one would want to see both the st and lt forcasts at the same time though.
    01-16-09 09:39 AM
    I'm not sure if this will do all the functionality you are looking for, but I would at least recommend giving Viigo a try. It does weather and a whole lot more. Its voted the best Productivity App of 2008 by Crackberry members!
    01-16-09 09:49 AM
    I'm using the WeatherBug app on my 7290, but it's available for newer models as well.

The icon displays the current temp for your location, and I think it's updated up to every 10 min (you can change this.) If weather alerts of your choice come in, the icon will flash red until you click on it and read the alert. I do like this feature!
    01-16-09 10:09 AM
    Not at the same time. But when I go into weathereye on my 8310 curve, it goes directly to the "Current Forecast". If I then hit the Menu key on my BB, I get the Options/LT/ST/Current option window.

On my friend's she just gets the LT window show up and if she hits her menu button it goes into the BB menu options, not the menu options for WeatherEye?

Thanks!
    01-16-09 10:20 AM
    That's odd. I would try removing the application and downloading/installing it OTA again to see if that helps.. it might be a version issue.
    01-16-09 10:23 AM
    i actually had a couple of questions about weather programs on blackberrys (mine most importantly :8900) i found that the orignal one that comes with the phone does not have a city back home. however i had this city on my iphone (iphone uses yahoo).
    1. does anyone know which if any program for the bb has (Khobar or Khubar (maybe spelled differently), Saudi Arabia)
    2. Are all weather programs push?
    01-16-09 10:29 AM
    Hmmm ... I'll have her try to reinstall it. Strange.

Tried installing Accuweather on my own BB to check it out, but for some reason every time I click on "Subscribe" I get a time out!

Argh.
    01-16-09 12:15 PM
    interesting

i could definitely use a weather application

check the weather in area's before i go play a game so i know what to pack
    01-16-09 08:30 PM
    I'm not sure if this is on all the other carriers. But, I'm on Rogers and there was a weather set up icon, where you could set up a weather app powered by accuweather or the weather network. I set that up and did not like the set up as like the original poster mentioned, there is no ST, LT option. Just the 5 day forecast. I had the 8310 and downloaded the app from the weather network and functioned with the current, st, lt options. After reading this thread, I deleted that original channel on my 8900. Went to the weather network website, had a text sent to me and downloaded the app. It is now working as it did on my 8310. So much better.

Now my question is. I hid the weather set up icon, but is there a way I can delete that entirely from my phone? Would I have to do that through DM? Thanks in advance.
    01-17-09 01:11 AM
    You can remove programs in the options:

Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Remove any programs you have installed (they are in Bold font)
    01-17-09 01:25 AM
    This is an app that I didn't personally download. It was on the phone when I got it. Just followed what you said and its not there, only the last weathereye that I downloaded. Name of the Icon is "weather setup" when you click it then it takes you to a "push services" page. Since its not there, do you think I would be able to remove this via DM? Thanks.
    01-17-09 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD