I am an avid fan of WeatherEye and was a little upset it isn't compatible with my device (9700 running OS6). It worked fine on OS5, but I was wondering if any of you Torch owners have been running weathereye...? Any ideas?

Thanks
    11-02-10 01:42 PM
    It does not work on my 9700 either. It does work on my friends Torch though.
    11-02-10 01:51 PM
    I have the OS 6.0 and bold 9700 and weathereye works fine. In fact, all my apps seemed to work except BeejiveIM (for some reason I don't get a menu when I press the blackberry button).

I did a complete wipe of my device, and installed OS 6 from the apploader just like any v 5 release.
    11-02-10 01:55 PM
    I did a re-install from the app loader, and when it asked me to make a backup I said no. What version of WeatherEye are you running? I'm noticing there is a newer version out there but for whatever reason my device can only get 2.0.2.6.

I've seen some 2.1.0.1 out there... I just cant get it on my berry
    11-02-10 03:00 PM
    I am on a 9700 with OS6.0.0.334, and I can't get WeatherEye to work either. I also did a clean install.
    11-02-10 07:43 PM
    Try installing WeatherEye v1.0 (for OS 4.2) available at blackberry.theweathernetwork.com

For some reason downloading version direct from appworld does not work
    11-03-10 03:34 AM
    I have the OS 6.0 and bold 9700 and weathereye works fine. In fact, all my apps seemed to work except BeejiveIM (for some reason I don't get a menu when I press the blackberry button).

I did a complete wipe of my device, and installed OS 6 from the apploader just like any v 5 release.
    I am running OS 6.0 and Weather Eye is not working for me either on my 9700.
    I have tried grabbing the most recent version OTA from blackberry.weathernetwork.com
    Where it could not detect my OS and had me choose manaully.
    I also grabbed it from App World just to be sure.
    Both times it installs fine and when I attempt to open it for the first time I get
    "Uncaught exception: Field is not a child of this manager" error, and when I open it again, the splash screen just sits there and never loads the program.

Can you please give your exact version and where you got it from, exact location? I am just not happy with BB Weather.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by mhinc; 11-03-10 at 09:21 AM.
    11-03-10 08:44 AM
    I also grabbed it from App World just to be sure.
    Both times it installs fine and when I attempt to open it for the first time I get
    "Uncaught exception: Field is not a child of this manager" error, and when I open it again, the splash screen just sits there and never loads the program.
    Exactly the same problem here
    11-03-10 10:37 AM
    I had the same problem. Removed the 2.0.2.6 version and downloaded 1.0.22.4 from blackberry.theweathernetwork.com. That version is running fine. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the latest version, but it does tell me the weather! :-)
    11-03-10 10:47 AM
    weathernetwork v1 4.1 works on os6. Ive tried the latest v2 and it only gives the splash screen and the inital error when opening up. Anyone able to get v2 to work?
    11-03-10 12:48 PM
    If anyone would like the 2.0.0.0 Beta for the Bold 9700 Running OS 6.0.0.344
    Private Message me and I will give you the link.
    I am running it and it's flawless.
    11-06-10 08:45 AM
    ^PM Sent!

I was using the old WeatherEYE version as mentioned on some previous posts but for two days I can't get any updates...
    11-09-10 10:30 AM
    Ahha!
    Exactly what I suspected initially... I was able to get my grubby hands on a brand new 9780 unit and downloaded WeatherEye 2.2!

Then I used BBSAK to save the WeatherEye COD and plugged it into my blackberry, and voilla it worked!

Attached is the COD that all of you people might be looking for...
    11-14-10 10:14 AM
    Ahha!
    Exactly what I suspected initially... I was able to get my grubby hands on a brand new 9780 unit and downloaded WeatherEye 2.2!

Then I used BBSAK to save the WeatherEye COD and plugged it into my blackberry, and voilla it worked!

Attached is the COD that all of you people might be looking for...
    Works perfectly, thanks!
    11-15-10 08:30 PM
    danifunker...
    IM NEW TO BLACKBERRY, GOT THE COD FILE YOU POSTED HERE FOR WEATHER EYE BUT I CANT SEEM TO GET IT INSTALLED COS THERES NO .ALX FILE...
    CAN YOU PLEASE GIMME A STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION PROCESS...
    THANX
    11-18-10 06:04 PM
    maximumspeed...
    IM NEW TO BLACKBERRY, GOT THE COD FILE YOU POSTED HERE FOR WEATHER EYE BUT I CANT SEEM TO GET IT INSTALLED COS THERES NO .ALX FILE...
    CAN YOU PLEASE GIMME A STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION PROCESS...
    THANX
    11-18-10 06:05 PM
    Hi Klick2chuckie,

Download a software called "BBSAK", it's also known as the Blackberry Swiss Army Knife. Once you launch the program, click on the second tab, and choose "install COD". Then you will be finished!

Good luck.
    11-21-10 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD